PDA

View Full Version : Quick reference for a Druid shapeshifter?

PangolinPie
2016-06-27, 03:57 PM
I'm actually making this post on behalf of a friend in the game I'm currently in. He's playing a Druid build with a heavy emphasis on shapeshifting. Has anyone put together an easy to use form of reference for all the various alternate forms with stat info possible based on level and/or application? Just curious.

Flickerdart
2016-06-27, 04:05 PM
The comprehensive druid handbook (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?439991-Being-Everything-Eggynack-s-Comprehensive-Druid-Handbook) should have a good deal of what you need.

Hiro Quester
2016-06-28, 12:06 AM
I use The Only Sheet (http://theonlysheet.com/homepage/ )for my character. It requires using a laptop at the table, which some people don't like. Our whole group uses it because it helps the DM a lot.

Anyway, with a user-generated wildshape implementation you can download from their site, ToS automates all the changes that wildshape requires, and more.

It keeps all the stats of animal forms you might use, and when you type in the name of the animal into which you wildshape, it automatically adjusts all the stat changes (and their effects on your skills, changes to initiative and saving throws, and AC, just everything.

All you have to do is turn wildshape on, enter the animal name, and then check your laptop for your new modifiers and roll the dice.

I can recommend The Only Sheet in general. But for a Druid it's astoundingly convenient, because it automates soooooo much of the bookkeeping that wildshape requires.

P.s it also automates changes from buff spells, activated items, other status effects (flanking, high ground, ability damage) etc.

When you try playing a Druid wildshaped into a Tiger, with bite of the Weretiger and all four Heart of the X spells active, as well as well as greater resistance, and your wizard has just cast Haste, and your cleric has cast Conviction, your bard is singing Inspire Courage, and you activate your ring of Blinking, and you take 2 points of con damage, you will recognize that $15/year to easily automate all that, smoothly adjusting all those changes while dealing with what effects do and do not stack, is a pretty great deal.