PDA

View Full Version : Roleplaying Goblin's Got a Squeezebox...

Joe the Rat
2016-06-28, 07:27 AM
...DM can't get sleep at night.

So I finally had a new player try out the game (and group) on an NPC (one of the goblin hirelings), and got her hooked. And she decided to keep the goblin for her character (which is fine), and make him a Bard (which is... different). In keeping with campaign themes, she has selected the concertina as the preferred instrument/arcane focus.

As I like to punch up a little flavor, I'm looking for specific song ideas for the components of the bard spells - anything with an M component. Something appropriate for the spells, and something that will be pretty damn ridiculous played on a small accordion. Right now I have Styx The Grand Illusion (in a minor key) for Minor Illusion, The Chicken Dance for Hideous Laughter, and The Anvil Chorus for Shatter, and a notable lack of ideas from The Who or Wierd Al. What else you got?

Regitnui
2016-06-28, 12:43 PM
Vicious Mockery - Word Crimes by Weird Al Yankovic

Madbox
2016-06-28, 07:49 PM
Tocata and Fugue in D Minor for Fear

Albequerque for Tasha's Hideous Laughter

I Can See For Miles, or maybe Crystal Ball for divination spells

Why Can't We Be Friends for Friends and Charm Person

Blue Collar Man for Unseen Servant.

Drizztguen
2016-06-28, 10:05 PM
I like Good Enough for Now (Weird Al) for charm person

Drizztguen
2016-06-28, 10:15 PM
Like a Surgeon (Weird Al) for healing spells; I Can't Watch This for blindness; Dare to be Stupid for enthrall. I really like Living with a Hernia for inflict wounds but it's not a bard spell...

Madbox
2016-06-28, 11:02 PM
Like a Surgeon (Weird Al) for healing spells; I Can't Watch This for blindness; Dare to be Stupid for enthrall. I really like Living with a Hernia for inflict wounds but it's not a bard spell...

It might throw people off if they don't know the name, but Polka Your Eyes Out could work for blindness or for Eyebite.

Gastronomie
2016-06-29, 12:00 AM
Off the top of my head:

Hotel California: Imprisonment
Ring of Fire: Wall of Fire (encircling version)
Don't Stop Me Now: Haste
Who Let the Dogs Out: Conjure Animals
Let It Go: Freedom of Movement
Thriller: Animate Dead, Conjure Undead

EDIT: The purple dinosaur's song for "Friends".

Regitnui
2016-06-29, 12:27 AM
I'm so using this list next time I play a bard. I mean, using Bardic Inspiration with the necromancer by playing Thriller?

Sleep - Sweet dreams are made of this
Wish - When You Wish Upon a Star
Comprehend Languages - Macarena

mgshamster
2016-06-29, 07:04 AM
Off the top of my head:

EDIT: The purple dinosaur's song for "Friends".

And now we know why people become hostile when you when you cast it.