PDA

View Full Version : Simulating a control room

trikkydik
2016-06-28, 07:05 PM
Here is the exact scene that will be presented to my PC's during our next session:

A city is heavily under siege, the PC's need to protect NPC's who will use telekinesis to lift a gigantic "super weapon" to its mounting position atop a high tower.

Once the weapon is successfully mounted, The tarrasque will have breached the city walls, and will be destroying just about everything in its path.

The PC's will have to run 2 simultaneous scenes.

1.) Combat, in which they will be fighting a series of monsters, while protecting NPC's inside the "Super Weapon's" Control room.

2.) The control room, The PC's will have to operate the control room as if they were the NPC's

combat will switch to the control room every 1d4 turns of combat (the 1d4 turns represents the "super weapon's" cooldown time.)

Control room success counts as a successful attack by the super weapon, many dice rolls will be used to determine where the tarrasque gets hit.

If they land a critical hit on the tarrasque it will go to sleep for 1d6 minutes.

If they land a regular hit on the tarrasque it will most likely spend a round regenerating it's damaged area.

i need some tools to help me run the "control room"

because i refuse to kill a tarrasque by simple luck of the roll.

I'm thinking maybe they have to operate switches synchronously.

So i need a mini game that can help me simulate their "timing"

Again, the only thing i'm asking for here is ideas to help me.

I'm not picky, i wont say "that's a bad idea."

I do not desire anyone telling me to scrap this idea, because its happening one way or another. The Tarrasque WILL either die or trample the city and move on.

ExLibrisMortis
2016-06-28, 07:11 PM
Can you get out a fun board game you can play on the side? Maybe some puzzle game, but with short rounds. Pentominoes?

trikkydik
2016-06-28, 07:17 PM
Can you get out a fun board game you can play on the side? Maybe some puzzle game, but with short rounds. Pentominoes?

Awesome! Thank you so much.

still could use some more ideas guys.

looking for quantity.