PDA

View Full Version : Celtic Guardian Build?

171akup
2016-06-29, 12:12 AM
Ok so I was wondering on how can I make a build about the Yugioh card Celtic Guardian and this is what I have so far Elf Fighter and now I need help like what stats and normal points are what I am thinking of. Thx for the help. :smallbiggrin:

Gastronomie
2016-06-29, 12:25 AM
Obviously 1400 STR.

The fate of the world depends on it. Okay, TBH it's near impossible to make such thing as a "Celtic Guardian build".

djreynolds
2016-06-29, 12:47 AM
I would think you would want a few levels of barbarian, unarmored defense seems appropriate.

Madbox
2016-06-29, 12:56 AM
Champion fighter with a longsword, I suppose? If you wanna include Obnoxiuos Celtic Guard and Celtic Guard of Noble Arms, then maybe Battlemaster with a longsword?

Paeleus
2016-06-29, 01:09 AM
I have no idea about the card, but Ancients Paladin???

djreynolds
2016-06-29, 01:24 AM
I see a guy with blue tattoos and paint in a loincloth. Barbarian/paladin is doable, not optimized but is very doable. 4 levels of barbarian and then paladin could be very cool.

You can smite while raging.

Arkhios
2016-06-29, 03:42 AM
Yugioh isn't really my cup of tea, never even tried it (anime-style graphics on practically anything make me go 'yech!')

Anyway, googled it up and I actually gave a laugh at the premise of said card: "An elf who learned to wield a sword, he baffles enemies with lightning-swift attacks."
...Oh, wow! An Elf. Who knows how to wield a sword? That's definitely not a thing in D&D already....

Sarcastic humour aside (and my apologies if that felt offending), from that line, and the name, the concept could probably be executed by an elf of any class which has at least one extra attack. I associate Oath of the Ancients paladin with Celtic lore, so I might go into that direction as well. Although, if it's the lightning-swiftness you want to play out, go plain fighter instead. A fighter gets eventually so many attacks with only one action so the "lightning-swift" part sits really well.

I'm not familiar with the yugioh statistics, but given the weapon of choice and the assumed Extra Attack, Strength should be your primary ability score - even if you made an elf. (I guess it could be a half-elf, too)

Sir cryosin
2016-06-30, 09:22 AM
A high elf or half elf ranger or fightet wearing half plate. Man it been years sents a seen that card. Get your dex to 14 16 then focus on str use a longsword.