PDA

View Full Version : Silly rules question involving Rod of Wonder

ByeLindgren
2007-07-01, 04:22 AM
This is probably an easy question, but I just had a chuckle thinking about it:

Suppose someone activates a Rod of Wonder and ends up turning himself permanently purple.

Now suppose this same person gains levels and enters the Green Star Adept prestige class. Will he eventually become green? If so, if he activates the Rod of Wonder after he gains his levels in Green Star Adept and the same effect happens, is he now a Purple Star Adept?

ZeroNumerous
2007-07-01, 04:30 AM
My response as a DM the moment he picked that PrC: "Rocks fall. Everyone dies."

By RAW, you immediately become purple. Theres no gradual change. By RAW, GSA slowly turns you green. So if you did this, say, at 5th level then you'd be a color mix of purple and green.

ByeLindgren
2007-07-01, 04:35 AM
So that permanent effect can be changed over time...

But what's so bad about GSA other than the fact that it's weak sauce mechanically? I guess I understand the whole 'kermit the construct doesn't belong in a standard fantasy party' thing. I just thought it was a little easier being green than RFED.

Yuki Akuma
2007-07-01, 05:20 AM
Oh God. Green and purple mixed together.

By Senna! That's... that's horrible...

(Anyone who gets the reference deserves a cookie. Heck, they deserve an entire packet of cookies.)

Serpentine
2007-07-01, 06:15 AM
Ah, the Wad of Ronda... we're having fun with that in our group. Ever had reality reweave itself into the exact same pattern? Our gnome's celestial blood kicked in a little while ago, turning her skin silvery. Then the Rod turned her blue. So we have a silvery-blue gnome. With blonde hair. Yes, I'm DMing a Smurf.

Also: Purple-green, eh? Octarine, anyone?

Skjaldbakka
2007-07-01, 06:43 AM
I would be interested in knowing why rocks should fall when someone says they are going for GSA. Except for the fact the class is based on meteoric metal.

lord_khaine
2007-07-01, 07:30 AM
as a GSA i would really hope for meteors instead of rocks, starmetal is pretty hard to come by after all.
but maybe that was what you meant Zero?

JellyPooga
2007-07-01, 11:21 AM
Also: Purple-green, eh? Octarine, anyone?

Exactly what I thought...

Quincunx
2007-07-01, 01:26 PM
It's not just horrible, it's anathema! (Jammie Dodgers if you've got 'em, thanks.)

Corolinth
2007-07-01, 06:07 PM
"Permanently turned purple" means that it doesn't go away after a few days. It doesn't mean that your skin can't turn another color later, as a result of some other effect.

So he still slowly turns green. Or red. Or blue. Or whatever color you've decided the starmetal should turn him.