PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Character Concept: Crazy cat lady

Belac93
2016-06-29, 12:31 PM
So, I want to know how I can make a crazy cat lady.

My idea was this: Variant human, ritual caster (wizard), and get find familiar. Then ranger 3 for cat beast companion (with the added benefit of it having 12 hit points). Then, druid x (moon druid). Use animal friendship to have as many minions as possible. Alternatively, if your DM is fine with DM's guild stuff that wizards said was good, then circle of the beast for another cat minion.

So what do you think? Are there any ways to improve upon this build? Would weasels be a better option?

Easy_Lee
2016-06-29, 12:42 PM
Animal friendship plus the purchase of cats is probably the best way to do it. I'd go moon druid and RP it as someone who hates people and doesn't even want to be one.

MrStabby
2016-06-29, 12:46 PM
Play as a necromancer and see if your DM will let you reanimate cats. Less trouble if you forget to feed them.

gfishfunk
2016-06-29, 12:46 PM
So, I want to know how I can make a crazy cat lady.

My idea was this: Variant human, ritual caster (wizard), and get find familiar. Then ranger 3 for cat beast companion (with the added benefit of it having 12 hit points). Then, druid x (moon druid). Use animal friendship to have as many minions as possible. Alternatively, if your DM is fine with DM's guild stuff that wizards said was good, then circle of the beast for another cat minion.

So what do you think? Are there any ways to improve upon this build? Would weasels be a better option?

Also go paladin or Bard (for magical secrets) to get find steed. AND GET A CAT STEED. That way you can be a cat, riding a cat, with your cat familiar and your beast friend cat.

Easy_Lee
2016-06-29, 12:49 PM
Pure druid will let you get Awaken sooner and have talking cats

Ghost Nappa
2016-06-29, 04:14 PM
This isn't really a D&D, but it's interesting things to think about when building your character. Why do crazy cat ladies even exist? Well, here's one reason. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqno7K2zXi4)

krugaan
2016-06-29, 05:43 PM
One gnome with a laser pointer is going to wreak havoc.

RickAllison
2016-06-29, 06:01 PM
Conjure Animals!!! If you have enough caster levels for a 9th level slot, summon a horde of 32 cats for an hour.

Quintessence
2016-06-29, 07:02 PM
Conjure Animals!!! If you have enough caster levels for a 9th level slot, summon a horde of 32 cats for an hour.

Except the DM chooses what is called :(

RickAllison
2016-06-29, 07:13 PM
Except the DM chooses what is called :(

Any DM who would prevent you from summoning a swarm of under-CR and underpowered for 0 CR creatures is just being a jerk. It is one thing to forbid a swarm of Pixies, it is another for creatures that are actually weaker than Weasels! Really, cats deal 1 damage and have a 0 to-hit modifier.

Finback
2016-06-30, 01:46 AM
This isn't really a D&D, but it's interesting things to think about when building your character. Why do crazy cat ladies even exist? Well, here's one reason. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqno7K2zXi4)

Interestingly, another study has recently been published suggesting that toxoplasmosis has little to no effect on human psychology; I gather it was in response to the prevalence of the "crazy cat ladies are caused by toxo" discussion being put out there.

http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article/authors?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0148435 - short version - no statistical correlation between presence of T.gondii and mental illnesses.

MrFahrenheit
2016-06-30, 06:20 AM

This made me lol...but seriously, OP, you should consider incorporating it into your flaws.

Joe the Rat
2016-06-30, 07:14 AM

And people say dancing lights is a bad spell...

Dalebert
2016-06-30, 08:35 AM
I would find a way to make the Simpsons version--a crazy old lady who throws her cats at people and somehow never seems to run out. Maybe you could take some other short ranged attack and just refluff it as cat-throwing.

Belac93
2016-06-30, 09:42 AM
I would find a way to make the Simpsons version--a crazy old lady who throws her cats at people and somehow never seems to run out. Maybe you could take some other short ranged attack and just refluff it as cat-throwing.

Tavern brawler?

For a high-level game, I actually once made a barbarian who had about 200 chickens tied to him, and used them as improvised clubs, while he used their bones as daggers and darts.