PDA

View Full Version : Raising Arcane Caster level

flappeercraft
2016-06-29, 12:35 PM
So right now im making a build for 3.5 and I need help raising caster levels by 3. I know of ring of arcane might and orange ioun stone but is there anything that will give it to me like permanently not something I have to re do daily or so like a magic tattoo.

Flickerdart
2016-06-29, 12:38 PM
There are many feats and items that will increase caster level for specific types of spells (of a given spell school or energy type, most frequently). What specifically are you trying to do?

flappeercraft
2016-06-29, 01:24 PM
There are many feats and items that will increase caster level for specific types of spells (of a given spell school or energy type, most frequently). What specifically are you trying to do?

I know about feats but Im trying to go without feats I forgot to mention that. Also what I want is preferably general but if i have to pick a school/elemet then conjuration or fire/cold.

Inevitability
2016-06-29, 01:45 PM
Spellgifted (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/buildingCharacters/characterTraits.htm#spellgifted) raises your caster level for a single school by one, but it reduces it for all other schools by the same amount.

Zanos
2016-06-29, 05:55 PM
The Reserves of Strength feat from the dragonlance campaign setting can increase your CL by 1, 2, or 3, in exchange for the same number of rounds of being stunned. If you are immuned to stun it deals 1d6, 3d6, or 5d6 damage to yourself. It also specifically lets you bypass CL caps on spells, which is probably the most powerful aspect of it.

The Tome of The Stilled Tongue Relic from the MIC can increase your CL by 1 in exchange for 1 HP per HD, but you need to either worship vecna and sacrifice a 5th level divine spell, or have the true believer feat and 9HD. I think you might be able to UMD that, though. Not sure. Costs 7.5k, and also functions as a 500 page blessed book.