PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Need Campaign Help, mostly in getting player interest.

TechNow
2016-06-30, 01:14 AM
Hi guys, title above kind of tells you. If you have any experience with Eberron, come on down and help a fellow DM write up his campaign to make it more interesting.

So, I'm the DM of a D&D group playing Eberron, and right now the group are basically playing !NotVikings. However, instead of raiding, they mostly just use a longboat to get to Point A or Point B.
Basically, a semi-aquatic campaign.

Now, so far the players came from the Demon Wastes as sort of adventurers on a boat, and they've been doing some small jobs for a kobold known as Javvik in Rekkenmark, now Javvik is basically trying to get them to help out the Thailostian citizenry in... Well. Thailost, Trying to get Thailost to become independent and that sort of thing. Javvik hired them to hijack a Karrnath Trade Ship, which was heavily guarded and they barely fought their way through that, finding a blue potion.

The potion is extremely... Well, it's basically a mutation potion to make King Kaius of Karrnath... A black dragon. However, the PCs hijacked the ship, killed the captain and freed the dwarf paladin held captive in a sort of trance to protect said potion, and delivered the potion to their contact in Thailost, which is a quartermaster of the harbor and is employed by the resistance in Thrane. Then, the Quartermaster requested them to deliver a "package" to the White Arch Bridge Repair Office up... Well, by the White Arch Bridge. Along the way, a Thailostian "Knight" pick pocketed the package flawlessly, but left a piece of his cape in it. The PCs traced it back to the man (called Tim, or Timothy.) And stole it back, via throwing their wolf at said man. Who had an apparent fear of dogs, thanks to a natural one on resistance. After this, they delivered the package, and went off on a odd job to track down the infamous thieves guild called... The Cactus Guild. After avoiding capture, getting a Kobold who was a city guard as a companion, and finding Tim was in fact, a member of said thieves guild, they fled and reported it to the city guard. Then, they went after to chase down a bandit and saw the White Arch bridge explode, with TWO of the PCs directly implemented into this. And also pick up Javvik to save his buttock from the guards, who are also after him in Karrnath.

So, I need some help, because I haven't written what came after this.

Here's what I was thinking...

The Thieves Guild turns out to be employed by the Silver Flame and Thrane to dismantle any resistance efforts.
The mutation potion is to be delivered to the head of the Silver Flame's church to make a sort of Dragon Pope.
Kaius is pissed the hell off, and tries to invade Thrane with his undead legions. Which is somewhat hard, as the White Arch Bridge is once again destroyed.

However, I have no idea how to write this up, and I need the players to get invested with one of the sides. I don't know how to do that, but apparently they care (slightly) about Javvik, since they almost offered to take him for free.
Any suggestions on how to get the players invested or otherwise involved, or at the very least have something to do is appreciated.

Geddy2112
2016-06-30, 01:27 AM
Seems like your players are perfectly involved with the story. It should not be critical to the story for them to take a side, I am sure they will continue to act and respond accordingly to the events.

All of your ideas are possible things that could be true, as well as dozens of other events that would naturally come from the actions of the party. They will continue to respond, and might eventually take a side, or maybe not, but that too may have consequences down the road.

TechNow
2016-06-30, 06:44 PM
Seems like your players are perfectly involved with the story. It should not be critical to the story for them to take a side, I am sure they will continue to act and respond accordingly to the events.

All of your ideas are possible things that could be true, as well as dozens of other events that would naturally come from the actions of the party. They will continue to respond, and might eventually take a side, or maybe not, but that too may have consequences down the road.

So basically, I'm stressing out over really nothing?