PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next The Shaman (5e + Houserules)

R.Shackleford
2016-06-30, 02:24 PM
The Shaman (http://homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/share/B15SRTMI)

So here is class 2 of 3! The Shaman is a class that is a part of nature and has the Nature Paragons of Druid (Wildshape Focus) and the Warden (Martial Focus). Both draw their spells from the Nature and Wildshape spell list.

Concentration will not work like the 5e version, concentration will just be a way to stop multiple spells from stacking but you won't be losing concentration or anything like that as long as you cast spells from your class lists.

I'm making spell lists a bit different. The Shaman will have the Nature Spell list, if other classes gain access to nature spells this will be where they gain them from. The Wildshape spell list will be special to the Shaman and I doubt anyone else will gain access to it. Though I'll probably introduce a Polymorph/Shapechange line of spells for the Arcane side where they can only change into specific creatures (perhaps fiends).

Anyways... Still using Kryx's homebrew rules: http://homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/print/rJND7KpV as they are a more elegant form of what my group has used in the past.

I'm looking on feedback on wording, paragons, how dynamic this class is, and pretty much basic works of homebrew.

Note: I totally took inspiration from the 3.5 Binder for the Physical Appearance thing... I absolutely loved the 3.5 Binder's fluff and roleplaying aspects.

Note: I feel like I need to fix the wording for Wildshape and just add everything you gain in each spell so that you don't have to look at the beast's stat block. This would probably make it simpler.

Note: This may not be balanced with the Sellsword! Actually, I'm pretty sure it isn't. I'm putting the first draft of each class down and then I'll go back and balance them with each other. I currently feel as if the Sellsword may need a bit more to match the Shaman but I'm not worried about that right now :)

Edit

Massive Change