PDA

View Full Version : Need help with anime like setting

Rukelnikov
2016-06-30, 06:04 PM
We've playtested Tenra Bansho Zero a week ago with my group and we all liked it. So now I am gonna start DMing in about 3 weeks.

I intend on making the campaign a series of loosley related adventures, something like Slayers (anime) where half the chapters (in this case sessions) are autoconclusive (one shots).

For this I need a simple motivation that "rules the setting", ie: in One Piece most pirates want to find the namesake pirate booty. In Attack on Titan the city is sieged by human eating giants.

Here's where you come into the equation reader! I am looking for an idea/situation of the sort around which to build a broad strokes setting!

Elodin
2016-06-30, 06:32 PM
Court politics in a magic-based world would be interesting. A tyrannical king with great magical power is another idea. Or maybe the main characters are magicians finding and documenting ley lines and the occurrences around them. So mainly magic, with a little magic.

Skippythehobo
2016-07-07, 02:55 PM
Here's three:

It's an elaborate planar prison, and most people dream of escaping to the larger world via the rumored secret way out.

It's a boomtown built around the vast buried library of an ancient sphinx civilization, which adventurous souls plumb for forgotten secrets and priceless tomes.

It's the only neutral ground in the multiplanar, eternal war between various supernatural races, and a natural nexus for diplomatic intrigue and trade.

Rukelnikov
2016-07-09, 01:07 AM
Here's three:

It's an elaborate planar prison, and most people dream of escaping to the larger world via the rumored secret way out.

It's a boomtown built around the vast buried library of an ancient sphinx civilization, which adventurous souls plumb for forgotten secrets and priceless tomes.

It's the only neutral ground in the multiplanar, eternal war between various supernatural races, and a natural nexus for diplomatic intrigue and trade.

Im liking this ideas... The ancient library thing is nice. The nexus sounds a bit too much like Sigil for me.

Thx!!