PDA

View Full Version : Optimization [3.5] Feat Advice

Thurbane
2016-06-30, 10:52 PM
Hey all,

Looking for some feat advice for my character.

I'm running a 5th level Hellbred (Boody Aspect) Binder.

Current feats are:
B Devil's Favour
1 Practiced Binder
3 Devil's Stamina
B Ignore Special Requirements
B Devils Tongue

My character is the party face (most skill ranks into Bluff, Intimidate and Sense Motive, and 18 Cha), as well as the defacto blaster/"arcanist" (rest of party is Dwarf Fighter, Goblin Scout, and Human Cleric). The Cleric has the Magic domain, so can use Sor/Wiz wands.

This is my first time running a Binder, and I'm really enjoying it.

Just wondering what I should select form my 6th and 9th level feats. All books are open. I'll be getting a bonus Binder feat at 11th, and a bonus Hellbred feat at 14th.

We're running through the Barrow of the Forgotten King modules at the moment, so there'll be an emphasis on dungeon delving for the foreseeable future.

Cheers - T

mabriss lethe
2016-06-30, 11:16 PM
Expel Vestige is really nice to have at low-mid levels, but quickly becomes replaceable with a Vestige Philactery.

Once I get my hands on Tenebrous, I lovelovelove taking some of the lighter weight devotion feats. Healing devotion actually becomes somewhat worthwhile. remember: HD uses can be transferred to the rest of the party. In a way, it's better than just granting them fast healing. They gain the benefit of the feat itself, meaning that your party members can use their own actions to heal themselves once uses have been transferred...and you can stockpile your allies with multiple uses during your downtime, since the transfer doesn't have an expiration date, and you get a fresh turn rebuke attempt every 5 rounds.

Thurbane
2016-07-01, 12:49 AM
Cool, thanks.

Shopping for Binder items is going to be extremely difficult in the setting/area we are adventuring in, so Expel Vestige is definitely worthy of consideration.

tiercel
2016-07-01, 01:03 AM
The Fey Heritage line might be interesting, depending on if you want to stack that fluff on top of what you've already got (and gain some useful 1/day Sp abilities on top of whatever you're binding). You might have to juggle/retrain some of your feats to fit , however.

If you're binding a specific (offensive) vestige a lot, on the other hand, there's always Ability Focus...

Venger
2016-07-01, 06:03 PM
imperious command is a very popular choice for a cha focused binder, which seems in line with what you're doing.

Inevitability
2016-07-02, 04:29 AM
imperious command is a very popular choice for a cha focused binder, which seems in line with what you're doing.

To expand on that, Devil's Aura is a flavorful way to get enemies shaken so you can stack fear effects.