PDA

View Full Version : Multiplatform Summer Games Done Quick 2016

Hunter Noventa
2016-07-01, 01:32 PM
This sunday marks the start of a week-long gaming event, Summer Games Done Quick (https://gamesdonequick.com/), where dozens of very talented people congregate together to play games extremely fast in order to raise money for charity.

The events, in the past, have raised millions of dollars for the Prevent cancer Foundation and Doctors Without Borders. This being the summer marathon, the money will be going to Doctors Without Borders.

I've never seen the marathon not be entertaining and heartwarming, and it's an excellent example of gamers doing good for the world. It's a shame I have to miss most of it due to work, but they always post the individual runs on youtube later.

Who else is excited for this summer's marathon?

Sian
2016-07-01, 01:56 PM
Might just be me, but this season there aren't really anything that really stands out as 'must see' ... I'm to tired of Zelda and Mario to be excited for any of those, well maybe the Blind Mario Maker ... Other that might be interesting would see Elder Scrolls (Morrowind and Skyrim primarily), but other than that ... meh...

Hunter Noventa
2016-07-01, 02:14 PM
Might just be me, but this season there aren't really anything that really stands out as 'must see' ... I'm to tired of Zelda and Mario to be excited for any of those, well maybe the Blind Mario Maker ... Other that might be interesting would see Elder Scrolls (Morrowind and Skyrim primarily), but other than that ... meh...

Yeah I'm a little disappointed by some of the selection, so I'm not too broken up about missing a lot of it, but I'll be catching up on a lot of them on youtube either way. The end of the marathon on saturday looks to be pretty amazing though.

Pendulous
2016-07-04, 02:50 AM
I heard the people who have been gathering the event lately haven't done as well as the previous people, and I don't see many people I'm familiar with. However, the recent runs of Tony Hawk Underground and The Rapid Angel were fun. I like when the runners kind of relax a little and just have some fun.

huttj509
2016-07-04, 06:25 AM
I heard the people who have been gathering the event lately haven't done as well as the previous people, and I don't see many people I'm familiar with. However, the recent runs of Tony Hawk Underground and The Rapid Angel were fun. I like when the runners kind of relax a little and just have some fun.

Bounceyboy had *great* commentary for Mario Sunshine. Good explanations of what he was doing and why. Was a joy to watch.