PDA

View Full Version : Team Ready, Aim, Fire! Round 2

Lord Herman
2007-07-01, 02:49 PM
Hello, and welcome to the second round of team-based spin-off of Silkenfist's Ready, Aim, Fire!

The theme for this round will be Star Wars, somewhere during the original trilogy. The teams will be the Rebels and the Empire.

Registration is open until Tuesday, 18:00 GMT. If you want to join a specific team, please specify which one. If you don't specify a team, I will add you to a random team.

The Rules:
The rules are like those of the standard game (linky!), with a few additions:
1. The players are divided into two or more teams.
1a. At recruitment, the players specify their preferred team.
1b. Players who don't specify a team will be placed in a random team.
1c. If one team has more members than the other(s), I will randomly move players around. I'll first try to even it out with the players who didn't specify a team.
2. You can not shoot players on your own team.
3. If your team is the only one left standing, you win. There are no individual victories in this game - only victories as a team.
List of Players:
Rebels (15)
Almighty Salmon
Akaziel
Atreyu
Calamity
DarkLightDragon
Dr. Bath
evnafets
firepup
Fredricus
Indurain
Kasz
Raiser B1ade
RocketBard
weebl
Zar Peter

Empire (15)
Bassetking
Captain van der Decken
Castaras
Destro Yersul
dragonprime
faerwain
Fleeing Coward
Gezina
Ink
Krursk
Lord Fullbladder
Moon Called
pingcode20
radikalskippy
Xykon Fan
Previous Rounds:
The Trojan War - Winner: Trojans
The Auto-Notify List:
Akaziel
Almighty Salmon
Baboon Army
Captain van der Decken
DarkLightDragon
Destro Yersul
Dr. Bath
dun-dun-DUUN
Firepup
Fleeing Coward
Fredricus
Gezina
HyramGraff
Ink
Kasz
Khaldan
radikalskippy
Raiser B1ade
Stu42
weebl
Xykon Fan

If you want to be added to the list, just post here and ask. Remember, you'll still have to register for the game - people on the list just get a PM to notify them that registration has started.

Castaras
2007-07-01, 02:51 PM
The pastry is strong in you, Luke. Come to the dark side. We have cookies.

In on the Empire team.

Skippy
2007-07-01, 02:55 PM
I'm in this time!!! Points at Shadow

Any team will do

Xykon_Fan
2007-07-01, 03:01 PM
Preferably Empire as a spy against the rebels hidden within their encampment.

Otherwise, playing a bothan spy in the Empire's camp but working for the rebels.

Zar Peter
2007-07-01, 03:11 PM
I'm in! Rebel side.

Destro_Yersul
2007-07-01, 03:11 PM
I'll play. Either team is fine wi- must... resist.. gah!

[James Earl Jones]I'll be Empire, if there's a spot free.[/James Earl Jones]

Dr. Bath
2007-07-01, 03:18 PM
I would like to play. Also, could you sign me up for the auto-notify please?

Mr. Moon
2007-07-01, 03:25 PM
Just sign me up for the Empire. Darth Maul-sama's death shall not have been in vain!

faerwain
2007-07-01, 03:26 PM
Grooaarrrr rrrwwww warrrr rrrrh!!!

[Faerwain is in. And then it's enough with joining games, I'm supposed to not be here at all:smallannoyed: ]

Captain van der Decken
2007-07-01, 03:29 PM
In. As a stormtrooper, of course (http://www.weeklystandard.com/Content/Public/Articles/000/000/001/248ipzbt.asp).

Almighty Salmon
2007-07-01, 03:35 PM
I'm in, this time i WILL win! I mean, the team i'm on.

Not fussed which side i'm on.

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins
2007-07-01, 03:49 PM
One more good Clone for the Empire, despite the fact that I should not be on here his week much. I'll try, though.

Calamity
2007-07-01, 03:50 PM
I'll join as Rebel.

InaVegt
2007-07-01, 04:26 PM
Empress Gezina of the empire ready to lead the forces of the dark side.

Fredricus
2007-07-01, 04:31 PM
I'm in!

Now, let me think who runs away the most... I'm good at that.

I have no problem with any side.

Bassetking
2007-07-01, 04:37 PM
In, and Empire.

Raiser Blade
2007-07-01, 05:09 PM
i am totally gonna be an ewok
(rebels)

DraPrime
2007-07-01, 05:22 PM
Another soldier for the empire is here!

Ink
2007-07-01, 07:45 PM
I'm in! Evil empire, please.

Fleeing Coward
2007-07-01, 08:08 PM
In, the side the sushi isn't in. There is Sushi available now right?

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-07-01, 11:19 PM
kkgjhgkjhgjhgu u jg kg8uy IN!

Indurain
2007-07-02, 12:14 AM
In.

And I'm a Rebel with a Cause. (You knew someone was going to say it)

pingcode20
2007-07-02, 02:49 AM
In.

Empire Stormtrooper, please.

Akaziel
2007-07-02, 06:20 AM
In. And Rebel.

DarkLightDragon
2007-07-02, 07:49 AM
I want in as a rebel, please.

Lord Herman
2007-07-02, 08:13 AM
I've put a list of players in the first post, which I'll update regularly.

Kasz
2007-07-02, 12:12 PM
Ooh sign me up please, any would do.

evnafets
2007-07-02, 03:32 PM
Sign me up as a rebel X-Wing pilot.
May the force be with us!

RocketBard
2007-07-02, 04:10 PM
I don't understand how other people could die if I shoot myself, but I want to be in on the rebel team.

Xykon_Fan
2007-07-02, 05:22 PM
I don't understand how other people could die if I shoot myself, but I want to be in on the rebel team.

See, what you mistakenly did here was question the logic of the RAF universe. When you decide to end your life, undoubtedly the universe takes notice, forcing anyone who had previously planned on killing you to unwittingly take the bullet. It's so obvious and simple, even logical, if you are willing to suspend your disbelief. Come to the dark side of the SMBG. :smallbiggrin:

HyramGraff
2007-07-02, 05:30 PM
Please add me to the auto-notify list. I'll be gone too much to participate in this game.

firepup
2007-07-02, 08:19 PM
I want to be on the winning side.....

Weebl
2007-07-03, 01:31 AM
I'll play and be put on auto-notify.

Oh and Rebels are Rebels! So I'm with them!

Krursk
2007-07-03, 02:10 AM
I'm in, for the Imperial Side

Lord Herman
2007-07-03, 09:27 AM
Registration closes in a few hours, so if you want to play, sign up now.

Lord Herman
2007-07-03, 02:38 PM
I'm still working on the introduction, but I've already updated the list of players in the first post - everyone who didn't specify a team has been assigned to a team now.

Fredricus
2007-07-03, 02:46 PM
Can I be a innocent civilian?

Zar Peter
2007-07-03, 02:51 PM
civilian - yes
innocent? - never!

InaVegt
2007-07-03, 03:11 PM
I want ze story!

Almighty Salmon
2007-07-03, 03:14 PM
Phew, not on the same team as the sushi addict - fleeing coward.

I'm going straight for you!

Lord Herman
2007-07-03, 04:05 PM
http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/TeamRAF/StarWars.png

Bringing up a hologram of the Death Star, Mon Mothma turns to the rebels gathered before her. “In one hour, a squadron of our finest pilots will be attacking the Death Star. This attack has only one purpose – to give you the opportunity to execute our real plan.”

She touches the control panel, and the hologram zooms in to a part of the battlestation. “From these schematics, we have determined that the best way to destroy the Death Star is by using the BOSDB – that is short for Big, Obvious Self Destruct Button. This button, once pushed, will overload the main generator. This will cause an explosion of roughly 700 megatons. Not even the Death Star’s reinforced hull can withstand that – not unless it were made of solid neutronium, but a material that dense would make the entire battlestation implode upon itself. Many catgirls died to bring us this information.”

“To execute this plan, you will first have to reach the Death Star. While the other pilots will offer a diversion, you will no doubt encounter resistance. You will each fly an X-Wing fighter, to ensure that at least a few of you reach the Death Star. Once you are aboard, you will have to make your way towards the button. It is located deep inside the battlestation, and it is guarded by imperial stormtroopers. Remember, they may not be able to hit Luke Skywalker, but he has plot armor. You don’t. Don’t underestimate them.”

“The survival of the Rebellion depends on your success. Good luck.”

Lord Herman
2007-07-03, 04:06 PM
Rebels
Almighty Salmon
Akaziel
Atreyu
Calamity
DarkLightDragon
Dr. Bath
evnafets
firepup
Fredricus
Indurain
Kasz
Raiser B1ade
RocketBard
weebl
Zar Peter

Empire
Bassetking
Captain van der Decken
Castaras
Destro Yersul
dragonprime
faerwain
Fleeing Coward
Gezina
Ink
Krursk
Lord Fullbladder
Moon Called
pingcode20
radikalskippy
Xykon Fan

Please submit your actions before Thursday, 18:00 GMT.

InaVegt
2007-07-03, 04:10 PM
I liked your introduction from round 1 better :frown:

Xykon_Fan
2007-07-03, 08:00 PM
I liked your introduction from round 1 better :frown:

Give him a break. They can't all please everyone. Besides, I liked this one. (Looks hopeful for favoritism by the narrator) :smalltongue: No, it was good though.

Lord Herman
2007-07-04, 01:49 AM
Alright, Gezina dies in round 1, Xykon Fan will survive for at least three rounds. :smalltongue:

Don't worry, I don't mind criticism. It does help to know what exactly you didn't like about it - I'm always aiming to improve my writing :smallsmile:

Skippy
2007-07-04, 02:04 AM
"Remember, they may not be able to hit Luke Skywalker, but he has plot armor. You don’t. Don’t underestimate them.”

Loved that part...

Fleeing Coward
2007-07-04, 02:57 AM
Fleeing goes to the nearest dining hall and orders Sushi.
I ain't fighting no rebels til I get myself some flying Sushi:smallannoyed:

InaVegt
2007-07-04, 05:10 AM
Don't worry, I don't mind criticism. It does help to know what exactly you didn't like about it - I'm always aiming to improve my writing :smallsmile:

Well, I liked how you introduced all of us in the introduction of round 1.

Xykon_Fan
2007-07-04, 11:31 AM
Oh yeah, I was wondering what was missing to some degree. I kept on thinking..."Hmmm, something's not here that I thought would be." It was a great general introduction, and I liked the idea of "plot armor" (probably use it in one of my games), but it might be nice to have specific introductions. However, if you just introduce us specifically in the flavor text, I'd understand the general introduction.

Thanks LH!

Castaras
2007-07-04, 11:32 AM
However, if you just introduce us specifically in the flavor text, I'd understand the general introduction.

Seconded. This introduction was fun to read, but the last one was better.

Lord Herman
2007-07-04, 02:52 PM
Okay, next round's introduction will have personal introductions.

As for this round - I still need quite a few actions. Don't forget to submit them by tomorrow, 18:00 GMT.

Lord Herman
2007-07-05, 01:36 PM
I'm afraid I won't have time to write the narrative for today. The new deadline is Friday, 18:00 GMT. I haven't got everyone's actions yet; I'll PM those who still need to submit theirs.

firepup
2007-07-05, 03:42 PM
sorry for being late.... I'll try to sewnd in my actions sooner

Mr. Moon
2007-07-06, 07:46 AM
That goes ditto for me. :P

Lord Herman
2007-07-06, 12:53 PM
Results will be up soon.

Lord Herman
2007-07-06, 03:14 PM
The rebel pilots hurry to their spacecraft, and before long, a group of X-Wings leaves the rebel base. The decoy is already underway, and the Empire seems to be taking the bait – dozens of Tie Fighters are launching to intercept them. However, as the rebel assault group gets closer to the Death Star, a number of Tie Fighters break off from the main group, and heads straight for them.

“Pilot Moon Called, this is the moon calling. Please come in.” In an annoyed tone, the Tie Fighter pilot answers the hail from the Death Star’s control center: “That is no moon. Now, what is it you want?” “There are three rebel fighters heading your way. They’re right behind you.” Moon Called turns her ship around, and heads straight for them, firing her lasers. She manages to take out Dr. Bath’s X-Wing, but Calamity and Raiser B1ade make short work of her.

Atreyu has a serious problem. He was eager to sign up for this mission, but nobody had bothered to tell him that X-Wings aren’t designed with tauntauns in mind. He’s chasing BassetKing around, but it’s not easy to follow a Tie Fighter when you’re in a cockpit that’s designed for bipeds half your size. Just as the masked tauntaun has BassetKing in his sights, another Tie Fighter swoops in – with a short burst of laser fire, Ink blows up Atreyu’s fighter.

As the X-Wings and Tie Fighters engage each other, a Star Destroyer comes out of hyperspace. DarkLightDragon and Kasz notice that it hasn’t raised its shields yet, and decide to head straight for the bridge – at ramming speed. “Wait for it…” The two rebel pilots get closer and closer to the Star Destroyer. “Wait for it…” DarkLightDragon and Kasz fire their afterburners. “NOW!” shouts Captain van der Decken. Suddenly, the shields of his Star Destroyer go up, and the rebel ships crash into the invisible wall.

Fredricus has found his target. An advanced Tie Fighter – one of the latest models. The personal craft of Darth Fullbladder. He heads straight for it, firing his blasters. Fullbladder manages to evade Fredricus’ fire, and turns around. Fredricus is just about to fire another volley, as his fighter suddenly turns around and flies away at high speed. “Damn you, R2-2U, you stupid droid! They told me they fixed you!” Fredricus’ astrodroid has the annoying habit of overriding the fighter’s controls and fleeing the battlefield. “I have you now,” says Fullbladder, shredding Fredricus with a burst of laser fire.

Akaziel is a hero of the Rebel Alliance. Every rebel knows the tales of his amazing victories. Still, relatively few people have actually fought alongside him. That’s probably because he regularly oversleeps and misses the entire battle. Of course, that doesn’t stop him from telling people tall tales about his heroic deeds. Right now, for example, Akaziel is telling RocketBard and weebl about that time he single-handedly killed three rancor beasts with his bare hands. “By the way, where is everybody? The base is normally full of pilots.” Weebl thinks a bit, and then says: “Hmm, wasn’t there something we were supposed to be doing? I think it had something to do with the Death Star, and our impending doom.” “Meh, can’t have been too important, or else someone would have reminded us about it.”

Commander evnafets is standing on the bridge of his Corellian Corvette. He is staring at a wall of blinking lights. Casually, he pushes a few buttons, pretending he knows what he’s doing. As he pushes a shiny green button, one of the turbolasers activates, and obliterates faerwain’s fighter. He then notices a big red button, labeled ‘Warning: Do Not Push. Not even to see what happens.’ One push of a button later, the shields of the ship go down – leaving it wide open to attack. Destro Yersul immediately swoops in, and fires away at the ship’s engines, destroying it in a rather anticlimactic explosion.

In one of the training facilities aboard the Death Star, pingcode20 is working on his aim. He has put up a cardboard cutout of Luke Skywalker, and is firing at it with his blaster. “You’re getting good at this,” says drill instructor dragonprime. “That’s eighty-six misses out of ninety. But keep practicing – remember, Skywalker is very important to the plot – one accidental hit, and you ruin the entire trilogy.”

Zar Peter and radikalskippy are heading straight for each other. They are both seasoned pilots, and neither of them is prepared to back off. They’re both determined to win this. There’s no going back now. “Chicken!” they both yell, as the two fighters crash into each other.

Standing in front of a window in her throne room, Empress Gezina watches the battle unfold. Suddenly, she notices that one of the rebel fighters is heading towards her. Indurain has seen the Empress, and heads in to destroy the Empire with a single volley of blaster fire. He is about to fire, when his ship suddenly stops. He fires his blasters, but nothing happens. Holding out her hand, the Empress says: “I would say something really scary and intimidating now, but why bother if he can’t hear me through all this glass? Shoot him, Krursk.” “Yes, your highness.” One of the massive turbolaser turrets turns toward the immobile X-Wing, and blasts it to pieces.

Castaras is chasing after Fleeing Coward. The rebel is using his normal tactic – run away until the enemy gives up or dies of exhaustion. After confusing her with a complex maneuver, he heads straight for the surface of the Death Star. Castaras follows, but forgets that X-Wings turn faster than her Tie Fighter – as Fleeing Coward pulls up at the last moment, Castaras crashes into the Death Star. Fleeing Coward is just about to make a witty remark, as he flies his fighter straight into a turbolaser turret.

Almighty Salmon is fiddling with his controls. He has brought his favourite music, but he can’t find the X-Wing’s CD player. Finally, he finds a button marked ‘Eject’. “Ah, that must be it,” he says, as he launches himself into the vacuum of space.

Xykon Fan is using a rather unconventional tactic. This morning, he has spent hours modifying a protocol droid to look exactly like him, and programming it with some basic flying techniques. He is now looking out of a window on the Death Star, and watches his Tie Fighter, flown by the droid, head for the Rebel force. Firepup engages the fighter – it seems like an easy target. The pilot is obviously a rookie, so he should be easily dispatched. Only too late does he see that the fighter is filled to the brim with seismic charges. Xykon Fan pushes a button on a remote control, and the fighter explodes in a huge shockwave, taking firepup’s X-Wing with it.

Lord Herman
2007-07-06, 03:21 PM
{table]Rebels|Action
Akaziel|Air
Almighty Salmon|Self
Atreyu|BassetKing
Calamity|Moon Called
DarkLightDragon|Captain van der Decken
Dr. Bath|Moon Called
evnafets|faerwain
firepup|Xykon Fan
Fredricus|Air
Indurain|Gezina
Kasz|Captain van der Decken
Raiser B1ade|Moon Called
RocketBard|Timeout
weebl|Timeout
Zar Peter|radikalskippy
Empire|Action
BassetKing|Self
Captain van der Decken|Self
Castaras|Self
Destro Yersul|evnafets
dragonprime|Timeout
faerwain|Air
Fleeing Coward|Self
Gezina|Self
Ink|Atreyu
Krursk|Indurain
Lord Fullbladder|Fredricus
Moon Called|Dr. Bath
pingcode20|Air
radikalskippy|Zar Peter
Xykon Fan|Self[/table]

Rebels
Akaziel
Calamity
Raiser B1ade
RocketBard
weebl
Almighty Salmon
Atreyu
DarkLightDragon
Dr. Bath
evnafets
firepup
Fredricus
Indurain
Kasz
Zar Peter

Empire
BassetKing
Captain van der Decken
Destro Yersul
dragonprime
Gezina
Ink
Krursk
Lord Fullbladder
pingcode20
Xykon Fan
Castaras
faerwain
Fleeing Coward
Moon Called
radikalskippy

Please submit your actions before Sunday, 18:00 GMT. The next round will take place on board the Death Star.

Calamity
2007-07-06, 03:24 PM
:smalleek:

We're outnumbered!! NOES!!!

Lord Herman
2007-07-06, 03:30 PM
Oops, I just thoughtlessly deleted all my PMs - including a the ones with instructions for later rounds. So could everyone who sent in actions for multiple rounds please send them again?

2007-07-06, 04:14 PM
*rereads*

Herman, have I ever told you how much I admire you?

Raiser Blade
2007-07-06, 04:23 PM
We need more communication on the rebel side
3 people went for mooncalled
we should pm eachother on our actions

Captain van der Decken
2007-07-06, 04:46 PM
Heh, that's great.

Also: :smalltongue: Not unsuprising, DLD.

Skippy
2007-07-06, 08:58 PM
I should have known you'd do that, ZP!!! That was really funny!!!

Edit: Also, I'd like to be on the Auto-notify...

Fleeing Coward
2007-07-07, 02:43 AM
Very nice as always Herman but how'd Castaras find out I was a rebel in disguise? And is the Empire still paying my funeral expenses? :smallbiggrin:

Krursk
2007-07-07, 03:23 AM
And is the Empire going to pay to scrape your dead body off the turbolaser? We need answers!

Lord Herman
2007-07-07, 03:33 AM
Very nice as always Herman but how'd Castaras find out I was a rebel in disguise? And is the Empire still paying my funeral expenses? :smallbiggrin:

Because you were flying an X-Wing. Duh.

I don't think there's much left to funerize, though.

DarkLightDragon
2007-07-07, 03:39 AM
Heh, that's great.

Also: :smalltongue: Not unsuprising, DLD. I was wondering if you'd predict that. :smallbiggrin:

Fleeing Coward
2007-07-07, 05:25 AM
Because you were flying an X-Wing. Duh.

I don't think there's much left to funerize, though.

I sneak into a base with crummy food (What sort of place doesn't have Sushi?) and even worse personal accomodation and I don't even get a crummy funeral? No wonder there's so many rebels out there :smallamused:

Zar Peter
2007-07-07, 07:07 AM
I should have known you'd do that, ZP!!! That was really funny!!!

Edit: Also, I'd like to be on the Auto-notify...

I did nothing! If you can't drive a Tie-fighter you should let it be! :smallbiggrin:

Kasz
2007-07-07, 08:06 AM
Oops I died! Again. I seem to have a tendency to do that.

Lord Herman
2007-07-07, 12:42 PM
Don't forget to submit your actions. I still need over half of them. Please submit them before tomorrow, 18:00 GMT.

Just to make sure everyone knows: an airshot is not the same as not submitting an action. If you time out twice in a row, you die, while you can shoot the air as often as you like. So if you don't want to do anything, shoot the air.

Oh, and another thing - I really appreciate player input. If you send your action, you can specify how you shoot someone/yourself/the air, and I'll try to work it into the story. Player input makes the story more personal, and therefore more fun.

Lord Herman
2007-07-08, 12:56 PM
The results of this round will be up shortly.

Lord Herman
2007-07-08, 03:09 PM
“Attention – our teams have boarded the Death Star. Operation ‘Let’s Hope Akaziel Doesn’t Forget About This One’ is underway.” Akaziel looks up from his drink, and grins at RocketBard and weebl. “Heh, what a silly name for a mission. Of course, there is a mission I’m not supposed to forget about, but that one is on Tuesday.” RocketBard looks at Akaziel, and says: “Umm… it is Tuesday.” “What?” “Today is Tuesday.” “Oh CRAP! Erm, you two never saw me here.” “But you’re standing right in front of us…”

Two blaster shots later, Akaziel hops into his X-Wing and sets a course toward the Death Star. Once he’s there, however, he realizes that he has no idea what to do next. As he frantically searches his field manual for any useful tips, he forgets to stop his fighter, and crashes into the Death Star at full speed.

Meanwhile, the other rebels have landed their X-Wings in a small hangar. Calamity and Raiser B1ade decide to split up, to increase their chances of success. Raiser B1ade decides to go through the detention level. After shooting the guards, he walks down the long corridor towards the nearest elevator. But he doesn’t get far – an alarm sounds, and stormtroopers come running around a corner. Luckily for him, they’re expert marksmen – they’ve had years of training at missing the broad side of barns. After gunning down Krursk and Xykon Fan, the rebel jumps down a garbage chute.

Unfortunately, that leaves Raiser B1ade in a rather difficult position – he’s finds himself in a garbage compactor, and the walls are slowly closing in on him. Just as he closes his eyes, expecting to be crushed, the grinding noise of the compactor stops. A door opens, and a stormtrooper walks in with a mop and a bucket. “Oh dear,” says BassetKing, “another rebel in the compactor. That’s the second time that’s happened.” “Excuse me,” says Raiser B1ade, “could you point me to the Big, Obvious Self Destruct Button?” “Of course. You go that way down the hall, and then just follow the signs marked ‘this way to the Big, Obvious Self Destruct Button’. Oh, and before I forget – I’m supposed to start shooting at you now. Standard protocol, you see. We have to do this every time we see a rebel.” “Ah, okay. Thanks!” Raiser B1ade runs away, while BassetKing takes out his blaster and misses the rebel a few times. He then picks up his mop and starts cleaning the garbage compactor.

Dragonprime is still training on the shooting range. He is an accomplished stormtrooper, and he has quite a lot of medals. He earned most of his medals during the rise of the Empire – he is especially proud of the one he earned for missing Master Ki-Adi-Mundi while the Jedi was already dead. Spraying blaster shots everywhere, he hits everything but the target – including himself. Meanwhile, pingcode20 is putting his practice to good use. He is manning a turbolaser turret, and he has Luke Skywalker’s X-Wing in his sights. With expert precision, he misses the nimble fighter time and again.

“I’m sorry, my lord. They were fresh out of chocolate ice cream. They did have vanilla, so I…” Suddenly, Ink finds himself gasping for breath. “You have failed me for the last time, Ink,” says Darth Fullbladder, as the unfortunate stormtrooper chokes to death.

“I have forseen this,” says Empress Gezina, taking the ice cream cone from Darth Fullbladder. “We’re always out of chocolate. Seriously, Fullbladder, if I find out who is eating all my ice cream, I’ll…” “Excuse me, Lord Fullbladder,” says Destro Yersul, wiping a brown smudge from his lips. “We have found the rebel you were looking for. He’s sneaking around in one of the ventilation shafts.”

“Hard about! Get those starboard lasers online!” Captain van der Decken is waving his arms wildly as he shouts orders at his subordinates. “You there, why are you not at your post? Get moving! And get me my coffee! Lieutenant, where have those rebel fighters gone?” The lieutenant coughs, and says: “Erm, sir, they boarded the Death Star about twenty minutes ago. Can we stop shooting now?”

Calamity is walking down a narrow walkway, which hangs across a massive air shaft. The wind is rushing past him, messing up his hairdo. Suddenly, he hears footsteps behind him. As he turns around, a red lightsaber flashes before his eyes, knocking his blaster out of his hand. “Who are you?” yells Calamity. He can hardly hear the dark lord because of the wind, but it sounds like “I am…or…f…er!” “My father? No… it’s not true! That’s impossible!” “NO, CALAMITY, I SAID I AM LORD FULLBLADDER! NOW COULD YOU PLEASE HOLD MY LIGHTSABER WHILE I TURN OFF THE VENTILATION SYSTEM?” Calamity takes Fullbladder’s weapon, and the dark lord pushes a few buttons on a control panel. “Ah, that’s much better. What I wanted to say was…” Darth Fullbladder was going to say one of his best lines now. He had practiced on it for days. It would be a great plot twist that would stagger and amaze the audience. Unfortunately, Calamity just cut off Fullbladder's head with his own lightsaber.

Lord Herman
2007-07-08, 03:13 PM
{table]Rebels|Action
Akaziel|Self
Calamity|Self
Raiser B1ade|Self
RocketBard|Timeout
weebl|Timeout
Empire|Action
BassetKing|Air
Captain van der Decken|Air
Destro Yersul|Timeout
dragonprime|Timeout
Gezina|Timeout
Ink|Self
Krursk|Raiser B1ade
Lord Fullbladder|Calamity
pingcode20|Air
Xykon Fan|Raiser B1ade[/table]

Rebels
Calamity
Raiser B1ade
Akaziel
Almighty Salmon
Atreyu
DarkLightDragon
Dr. Bath
evnafets
firepup
Fredricus
Indurain
Kasz
RocketBard
weebl
Zar Peter

Empire
BassetKing
Captain van der Decken
Destro Yersul
Gezina
pingcode20
Castaras
dragonprime
faerwain
Fleeing Coward
Ink
Krursk
Lord Fullbladder
Moon Called
radikalskippy
Xykon Fan

Please submit your actions before Tuesday, 18:00 GMT.

edit: I'm also accepting suggestions for a theme for the next round. It should be a well known theme, and it should have two or more distinct sides.

Raiser Blade
2007-07-08, 03:58 PM
haha two stormtroopers with one bullet
that evens the score come on guys we can win!
....uh guys.....guys
oh well me and calamity will have to finish the job ourselves

Calamity
2007-07-08, 04:22 PM
:eek:

Looks like it just down to us two now...

evnafets
2007-07-08, 04:32 PM
Suggestions
Well theres always the good old pirates vs ninjas
Wizards vs Warriors?
Werewolves vs Vampires
Battle for Azure City: Sapphire Guard vs Hobgoblins

Xykon_Fan
2007-07-08, 04:34 PM
Curse you Principle of Evil Marksmanship...curse you!

Lord Herman
2007-07-09, 06:32 AM
Just a suggestion for all players: if you submit your action directly after reading the results of the last round, you're much less likely to time out.

Mr. Moon
2007-07-09, 09:54 AM
This is why I need to pay more attention to this kind of thread. Look what I missed! My own spectacular death, and I just found out about it now!

I'm sorry, Maul-sama, for I was unable to avenge your death. *bows head*

@V: That's a good one.

InaVegt
2007-07-09, 09:57 AM
Theme suggestion: The battle for Helm's deep.

Skippy
2007-07-09, 11:26 AM
C'mon guys!! The Empire must win this time!!!

What about the legendary battle of Thermopilae (As seen on Framk Miller's 300)?

Captain van der Decken
2007-07-09, 11:29 AM
Helm's Deep would be cool.

For the Empire!

Kasz
2007-07-10, 07:22 AM
Go rebels! You can do it! Suggestion? Um Germs vs cleaning liquid! *washed up the dishes, oh the horror!*

Fredricus
2007-07-10, 10:28 AM
Marines VS aliens

Captain van der Decken
2007-07-10, 10:30 AM
Autobots v Decepticons?

Castaras
2007-07-10, 11:39 AM
Go rebels! You can do it! Suggestion? Um Germs vs cleaning liquid! *washed up the dishes, oh the horror!*

That would be fun...:smallbiggrin:

Devils v Demons?
Cowboys v Indians?
Ninjas v Pirates?
1066(Saxons v Normans)?

Lord Herman
2007-07-10, 11:45 AM
What about angry Star Wars fans versus the cast and crew of the prequel trilogy?

Castaras
2007-07-10, 11:48 AM
What about angry Star Wars fans versus the cast and crew of the prequel trilogy?

Star wars v Trekkies!

Ink
2007-07-10, 11:52 AM
Comic book superheroes Vs. Supervillains?
Marvel Vs. DC?

Lord Herman
2007-07-10, 01:10 PM
Results will be up soon.

Lord Herman
2007-07-10, 02:29 PM
The Empress is tired. She had a hard day, and she is about as cranky as a sith lord can get. She is walking through the corridors of the Death Star, trying to figure out where her bedroom is. She walks past the mess hall as she suddenly spots movement. As she goes to investigate, she finds Destro Yersul sitting next to a freezer unit, eating chocolate ice cream. Without even a villainous one-liner, the Empress zaps the unsuspecting stormtrooper.

Just as she is about to check if there’s still any ice cream, Captain van der Decken walks in. “Ah, Empress, I was just looking for you. I have a report on the rebel attack you might like to see.” Trying to get away from the obnoxious captain, the Empress says: “I will read it in due time. Now…” “Is that chocolate ice cream? I love chocolate ice cream!” “That is MY ice…” “Why, thank you,” says Van der Decken, taking the last of the ice cream. “How generous of you. Now, if you will excuse me, I’m late for a staff meeting.” The Empress struggles to think of something properly villainous to say before zapping the captain, but he’s already gone, taking the ice cream with him.

BassetKing is still cleaning the garbage compactor, as someone taps him on the shoulder. “Excuse me,” says Raiser B1ade, “I followed your directions, but I got kind of lost. The signs all pointed in different directions, and I kept ending up in the detention area.” “Oh, now I remember, we put those signs up to fool the rebels. The signs all point to highly guarded areas, so any rebel that follows them can be caught easily. You know what, I’m almost done scrubbing this garbage compactor. Why don’t I show you to the button myself?”

Down in the stormtrooper lounge, pingcode20 is resting after a hard day’s work. He’s playing darts with a couple of buddies. Of course, they play with adjusted rules for stormtroopers – the first guy to hit the board, loses. They’ve had a few drinks, though, so now their game of darts has degenerated into a game of trying to miss random objects. “How many times must I tell you, stormtrooper Bob, hitting the waitress in the leg doesn’t count as a miss.”

Now the Empress is really lost. She has just wandered into the main power generator – the location of the Big, Obvious Self Destruct Button. She is just about to retrace her steps as she notices a rebel sneaking in. Calamity reaches out to push the button, as the Empress walks up behind him. Hearing her footsteps, he turns around. “Wasn’t Lord Fullbladder supposed to kill you?” “Uhm… I don’t know. He was about to say something really important when I killed him. Mr. Lucas was really upset.” “Oh, damn,” says the Empress, “now I’ll have to find myself a new apprentice. Hmm, the force is rather strong with you. You wouldn’t happen to be interested in a job as a sith?” Hearing this, Calamity reveals his lightsaber and ignites it. “Never. I am a Jedi, like my father before me. Or, rather, not like my father before me, because I don’t think Fullbladder was my father after all.” “Oh, pity. Never mind then,” she says, as she walks off.

“Hey, Empress, aren’t we supposed to have a climatic fight now?” “I don’t see why.” Calamity looks distraught. “But… but… I’m a young Jedi, and you’re the dark lord… uhm, lady… of the sith! Dramatic necessity dictates that we fight!” “Alright, if you insist,” she says. Calamity jumps at her, swinging his lightsaber. The Empress sidesteps, causing Calamity to overshoot his target and hurtle into one of the generator coils, instantly deep-frying him.

After dusting off the ‘Don’t Push’ sign on the button, Empress Gezina sleepily walks down another corridor. After half an hour of searching, she’s found a door that looks promising. It has a heavy locking mechanism that would be appropriate for the Empress’ quarters. She opens it, and steps through – out of the side of the Death Star.

Lord Herman
2007-07-10, 02:32 PM
{table]Rebels|Action
Calamity|Self
Raiser B1ade|Timeout
Empire|Action
BassetKing|Timeout
Destro Yersul|Timeout
Gezina|Self
pingcode20|Air[/table]

Rebels
Raiser B1ade
Akaziel
Almighty Salmon
Atreyu
Calamity
DarkLightDragon
Dr. Bath
evnafets
firepup
Fredricus
Indurain
Kasz
RocketBard
weebl
Zar Peter

Empire
BassetKing
Captain van der Decken
pingcode20
Castaras
Destro Yersul
dragonprime
faerwain
Fleeing Coward
Gezina
Ink
Krursk
Lord Fullbladder
Moon Called
radikalskippy
Xykon Fan

Please submit your actions before Wednesday, 18:00 GMT. Note that you have only one day to submit your action.

Calamity
2007-07-10, 02:36 PM
Hey! Raiser, you timing out was not part of the plan! But I'm kinda glad that you di-- *Dies*

Xykon_Fan
2007-07-10, 02:37 PM
W00t! Only one left! Go team!

Raiser Blade
2007-07-10, 02:38 PM
wow sory calamity if i hadn't acidently timed out i would be dead

guess my strategy wasn't that great after all

wow i just cant believe that because i missed the deadline i lived:smallsmile:

Lord Herman
2007-07-11, 04:19 AM
They're statistics, but not as we know them
We're already in the second round of Team Ready, Aim, Fire!, and we haven't seen a single stat so far. Until now, that is.

I'm not very fond of complicated statistics, so I've devised something simpler. At the end of each round, I will present a number of silver medals. These medals are for things like making the most kills, or living the longest - in one round. There are also overall prizes, which are gold medals. So the silver medal for kills is for the person who made the most kills in one round, while the golden medal for kills is for the person who made the most kills over all rounds. You always keep your silver medals, but you can lose a gold medal.

The medals are shiny, and you can show them off in your sig. I've intentionally made them very small, so they won't take up too much space.

Sounds overly complicated already? Maybe it'll look simpler if I show you the medals, and the winners for the first round. There aren't any gold medals yet, because we've only had one round so far.

{table]Medal|Winner
http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/TeamRAF/WinSilver.png - Winning team|Trojans
http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/TeamRAF/RedSilver.png - Most kills|Almighty Salmon (5 kills)
http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/TeamRAF/GreenSilver.png - Survived longest*|Fredricus (5 rounds), Almighty Salmon (4 rounds)
http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/TeamRAF/BlueSilver.png - Pacifist|Fleeing Coward (4 airshots)
http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/TeamRAF/PurpleSilver.png - Shot at most|Almighty Salmon (3 times)
http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/TeamRAF/YellowSilver.png - Not shot at most**|Fredricus (4 rounds)[/table]

* The longest surviving member of each team wins this medal
** These are the number of rounds this player hasn't been shot at

Lord Herman
2007-07-11, 09:51 AM
I already have everyone's actions, so I'll start writing the narrative.

Fredricus
2007-07-11, 09:51 AM
Wow! My first prizes ever in Ready, aim, fire!

Lord Herman
2007-07-11, 10:23 AM
“…and then he says, that’s not a wampa, that’s my wife! Oh, here we are,” says BassetKing. “The Big, Obvious Self Destruct Button.” “Thanks,” says Raiser B1ade, “I can find my way from here.” “You should be careful with the button, though. If you push it, the Death Star will explode. And we wouldn’t want that to happen, would we?”

As Raiser B1ade walks towards the button, something is starting to dawn on BassetKing. “Heeeey… wait a minute! You’re here to push the button!” Pulling out his blaster, he says: “Step away from the button, and slowly turn around!” Raiser B1ade does as the stormtrooper says. He steps back, turns around, and shoots BassetKing.

Unfortunately, firing the blaster has set off every alarm on the Death Star. Moments later, a stormtrooper and an imperial officer come rushing in. Captain van der Decken aims his blaster pistol at Raiser B1ade. “Drop the blaster, you rebel scum!”

Lord Herman
2007-07-11, 10:25 AM
{table]Rebels|Action
Raiser B1ade|BassetKing
Empire|Action
BassetKing|Air
pingcode20|Air[/table]

Rebels
Raiser B1ade
Akaziel
Almighty Salmon
Atreyu
Calamity
DarkLightDragon
Dr. Bath
evnafets
firepup
Fredricus
Indurain
Kasz
RocketBard
weebl
Zar Peter

Empire
Captain van der Decken
pingcode20
BassetKing
Castaras
Destro Yersul
dragonprime
faerwain
Fleeing Coward
Gezina
Ink
Krursk
Lord Fullbladder
Moon Called
radikalskippy
Xykon Fan

Please submit your actions before Thursday, 18:00 GMT.

Fredricus
2007-07-11, 10:28 AM
This looks familiar, but with different people. 1 VS 2

Calamity
2007-07-11, 10:30 AM
Come on Raiser! Finish what I couldn't! :smallsmile:

Almighty Salmon
2007-07-11, 01:47 PM
Yay! I get three medals! :smallbiggrin:

Raiser Blade
2007-07-11, 03:48 PM
that makes 3 1/3 kills for me heres hoping for 5 1/3

do i automatically get tht survived longest medal and can i get something along the lines of survived by timing out medal

does everybody on the winning team get the winning team trophy

and if* i win could you think of a survivalist medal :)

*very big if

Lord Herman
2007-07-11, 05:06 PM
You are now guaranteed to get the survival medal, since you're the only rebel left. As for a time-out medal - I had been thinking about special medals for interesting situations, but I'll stick with the five 'basic' categories for now.

pingcode20
2007-07-11, 06:28 PM
Whee! My abject refusal to actually shoot anything is working!

Lord Herman
2007-07-12, 02:28 AM
Yes, and you're well on your way of winning the pacifist medal.

does everybody on the winning team get the winning team trophy

and if* i win could you think of a survivalist medal :)

Yes, everyone gets the winning team trophy.

Maybe I'll consider something like a sole survivor throphy (which is awarded to the player who has the most rounds as the only member on his team), or possibly a special trophy for the surviving members of the winning team.

edit: Okay, I've made a small change in the winning team trophy.
http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/TeamRAF/WinBronze.png - The bronze trophy is for everyone on the winning team.
http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/TeamRAF/WinSilver.png - The silver trophy is for the surviving members of the winning team.

Both trophies will count for the golden trophy, but the silver trophy will count as two.

Lord Herman
2007-07-12, 09:13 AM
All the actions are in. Writing now.

Lord Herman
2007-07-12, 10:07 AM
Raiser B1ade considers his options, and says: “Umm… no? If I drop my blaster, you’ll shoot me.” “Oh please,” says Captain van der Decken, “not the ‘all imperial officers are ruthless bastards’ stereotype again. I’ll have you know that many officers are really quite friendly.” “Hmm, then I guess I can trust you. Okay, I surrender,” says Raiser B1ade. But as he puts down his blaster, Van der Decken says: “Then again, I never said I wasn’t a ruthless bastard. Shoot him, trooper.”

Pingcode20 raises his blaster, and starts shooting. And keeps shooting. He empties his blaster on the room, charring the walls, sending jolts through the generator coils, and not hitting Raiser B1ade a single time.

While pingcode20 reloads, van der Decken vents his frustration at the unfortunate stormtrooper. “You stupid twit! I told you to shoot him! Shoot him, as in ‘aim your blaster at his head and blast his brains out’ shoot him, not ‘could you please redecorate the generator room’ shoot him! I don’t know why I even bothered to take you with me!” Meanwhile, Raiser B1ade has picked up his blaster again, and is sneaking towards the button.

Lord Herman
2007-07-12, 10:08 AM
{table]Rebels|Action
Raiser B1ade|Air
Empire|Action
pingcode20|Air[/table]

Rebels
Raiser B1ade
Akaziel
Almighty Salmon
Atreyu
Calamity
DarkLightDragon
Dr. Bath
evnafets
firepup
Fredricus
Indurain
Kasz
RocketBard
weebl
Zar Peter

Empire
Captain van der Decken
pingcode20
BassetKing
Castaras
Destro Yersul
dragonprime
faerwain
Fleeing Coward
Gezina
Ink
Krursk
Lord Fullbladder
Moon Called
radikalskippy
Xykon Fan

Please submit your actions before Friday, 18:00 GMT.

Skippy
2007-07-12, 11:35 AM
C'mon, Dark Side!!! We have to win this time!!!

2007-07-12, 12:16 PM
Now that's just sad.

Raiser Blade
2007-07-12, 01:53 PM
Wow i was kind of hoping at east one of them would self

hmmm for surviving this long im not that good at this game*

*survives by pure luck

Zar Peter
2007-07-12, 01:56 PM
Wow i was kind of hoping at east one of them would self

hmmm for surviving this long im not that good at this game*

*survives by pure luck

Now you have learned the basics of the game, go out and use your knowledge!

May the force be with you!

Mr. Moon
2007-07-12, 05:31 PM
Someone just shoot him! Avenge me already! >.<

pingcode20
2007-07-12, 06:20 PM
Huzzah! Outright refusal to ever actually shoot anything is working!

Raiser Blade
2007-07-13, 12:33 AM
arghh if i shoot the air then they might shoot me :( but if i do shoot the air and they self then i win :)

Lord Herman
2007-07-13, 03:55 AM
Pingcode20 has loaded a new power cell in his blaster, and starts shooting again. Sparks fly everywhere, and he manages to start a small fire in an interesting looking device directly behind him. Raiser B1ade, however, remains unscathed, and he is getting awfully close to the button.

Captain van der Decken sees this, and lunges at the rebel, trying to wrestle him to the ground. Unfortunately, he has forgotten that, ruthless as he may be, the captain isn’t very strong. The rebel easily overpowers him, and uses him as a human shield against pingcode20. Amazingly, the stormtrooper finally hits someone, and Van der Decken slumps to the ground.

Lord Herman
2007-07-13, 03:57 AM
{table]Rebels|Action
Raiser B1ade|Self
Empire|Action
Captain van der Decken|Raiser B1ade
pingcode20|Air[/table]

Rebels
Raiser B1ade
Akaziel
Almighty Salmon
Atreyu
Calamity
DarkLightDragon
Dr. Bath
evnafets
firepup
Fredricus
Indurain
Kasz
RocketBard
weebl
Zar Peter

Empire
pingcode20
BassetKing
Captain van der Decken
Castaras
Destro Yersul
dragonprime
faerwain
Fleeing Coward
Gezina
Ink
Krursk
Lord Fullbladder
Moon Called
radikalskippy
Xykon Fan

Please submit your actions before Saturday, 18:00 GMT.

Skippy
2007-07-13, 08:55 AM
Wow, now the match is even... But the Dark Side will win, eventually!!! Go, Pingcode!!!

Calamity
2007-07-13, 09:48 AM
Come on Raiser! You're so close now!

Raiser Blade
2007-07-13, 10:41 AM
this is just like last round

now it comes down to a guessing game:smallfrown:

Lord Herman
2007-07-13, 11:16 AM
Actions are in, writing starts now.

Lord Herman
2007-07-13, 11:38 AM
With his blaster empty, pingcode20 throws it aside and rushes at Raiser B1ade, knocking the rebel’s weapon from his hands. Raiser B1ade grabs the stormtrooper, and tries to throw him over the railing, into the deep pit around the generator array. pingcode20, however, holds on to Raiser B1ade, and they both crash into the railing. The flimsy construction gives way, and the two tumble over the edge.

Raiser B1ade and pingcode20 now hang by their hands from the twisted remains of the railing. They kick at each other, both trying to make the other fall – until they both notice the rebel’s blaster, lying at the edge of the pit.

Lord Herman
2007-07-13, 11:39 AM
{table]Rebels|Action
Raiser B1ade|Air
Empire|Action
pingcode20|Air[/table]

Rebels
Raiser B1ade
Akaziel
Almighty Salmon
Atreyu
Calamity
DarkLightDragon
Dr. Bath
evnafets
firepup
Fredricus
Indurain
Kasz
RocketBard
weebl
Zar Peter

Empire
pingcode20
BassetKing
Captain van der Decken
Castaras
Destro Yersul
dragonprime
faerwain
Fleeing Coward
Gezina
Ink
Krursk
Lord Fullbladder
Moon Called
radikalskippy
Xykon Fan

Please submit your actions before Saturday, 18:00 GMT.

Mr. Moon
2007-07-13, 11:58 AM
... This is sad. >.<

What kind of Stormtrooper are you? Just shoot him and be done with it!

Raiser Blade
2007-07-13, 08:56 PM
hmmph well if we shoot eachother then we tie but if he selfs????

arghh this game is too confusing

Edit: Mooncalled it was nothing personal when i blew you up plus 2 of my teammates had the same idea :):smallsmile: :)

Skippy
2007-07-13, 11:19 PM
Go Team Dark Side!!!

We're all rooting for you Pingcode!!! Don't let us down!! If the Empire must fall, then it will be Luke Skywalker and the Railroad of Destiny's fault, not another Rebel guy!!!

Lord Herman
2007-07-14, 01:41 AM
The actions are in, writing now.

Lord Herman
2007-07-14, 02:19 AM
While Raiser B1ade tries to reach for the blaster, pingcode20 has other plans. Now that the rebel is distracted, he tries to climb back up on the ledge. Raiser B1ade isn’t having much success – he can almost touch the blaster, but he can’t grab hold of it.

The stormtrooper has managed to pull himself up, and is now standing above Raiser B1ade. Stepping on the rebel’s fingers, he tries to make him let go and fall. Raiser B1ade screams with pain, but he holds on. Suddenly, he swings himself sideways, and grabs the blaster. Pingcode20 looks startled as he is shot in the chest. Another shot burns through the stormtrooper armour. A third shot, and he starts burning from within. A last shot has flame spouting out of the seams of his armour, and pingcode20 collapses.

Battered and bruised, Raiser B1ade climbs back up on the ledge. He tosses the blaster aside, saying: “So uncivilized.” Then he remembers he’s a rebel, not a jedi, and picks the blaster up again. The rebel then cautiously walks towards the button, expecting a horde of stormtroopers to burst in at any time. But nothing happens. Softly, he says: “For my comrades. For the rebellion.”

After Raiser B1ade pushes the button, all hell breaks loose. Massive bursts of energy run though the generator coils, and heat builds up rapidly in the reactor room. Raiser B1ade runs through the corridors of the Death Star. Pushing aside stormtroopers and imperial officers, he makes his way towards the nearest fighter bay. Some stormtroopers try to shoot him, but they all miss. Finally, Raiser B1ade reaches the fighter bay. Climbing into a cramped Tie Interceptor, the rebel races to escape the Death Star in time.

Meanwhile, on the other side of the Death Star, Luke Skywalker has finally reached the end of the trench, and fires his torpedoes into the small exhaust vent. They only make it as far as the first air filter, where they harmlessly explode. Unaware of his failure, Skywalker flies away, and sees the Death Star explode.

Back at the rebel base, Skywalker is lauded as a hero. Young Luke has destroyed the Death Star, and saved the Rebel Alliance. Raiser B1ade misses the whole Luke-is-awesome ceremony, though. First, they wouldn’t even let his Tie Interceptor land. When he finally did get permission, he almost got shot down by an overeager X-Wing pilot. And when he did manage to land, he got questioned for four hours by a young lieutenant, who thought Raiser B1ade was a stormtrooper. Only when confronted with the fact that Raiser B1ade doesn’t look exactly like Jango Fett did he let him go.

And so did the Rebel Alliance win its first major victory over the Empire. Many more were to follow, and Luke Skywalker took credit for every single one of them.

Destro_Yersul
2007-07-14, 02:26 AM
((Damn, I got written out. Such is vacation...))

pingcode20
2007-07-14, 02:27 AM
Oh well.

So much for hoping he'd stab himself while I wasn't looking.

Xykon_Fan
2007-07-14, 02:28 AM
0 for 2 so far. Let's see if I can pick the winning side next time.:smallamused:

pingcode20
2007-07-14, 02:30 AM
I did survive remarkably well by shooting the air all the time, though.

Stormtrooper to the end. :smallbiggrin:

Lord Herman
2007-07-14, 02:31 AM
{table]Rebels|Action
Raiser B1ade|pingcode20
Empire|Action
pingcode20|Air[/table]

Rebels
Raiser B1ade
Akaziel
Almighty Salmon
Atreyu
Calamity
DarkLightDragon
Dr. Bath
evnafets
firepup
Fredricus
Indurain
Kasz
RocketBard
weebl
Zar Peter

Empire
BassetKing
Captain van der Decken
Castaras
Destro Yersul
dragonprime
faerwain
Fleeing Coward
Gezina
Ink
Krursk
Lord Fullbladder
Moon Called
pingcode20
radikalskippy
Xykon Fan

This round is over. The rebels have won. Congratulations!

The medals:
{table]Medal|Winner
http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/TeamRAF/WinBronze.png Winning team|Rebels
http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/TeamRAF/WinSilver.png Surviving winner|Raiser B1ade
http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/TeamRAF/WinGold.png Most wins|Fredricus
http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/TeamRAF/RedSilver.png Most kills|Raiser B1ade (6 kills)
http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/TeamRAF/RedGold.png Most kills overall|Raiser B1ade (6 kills)
http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/TeamRAF/OrangeSilver.png Most kills in one round|Captain van der Decken, Raiser B1ade (2 kills)
http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/TeamRAF/OrangeGold.png Most kills in one round overall|No winner (three-way tie)
http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/TeamRAF/GreenSilver.png Survival|pingcode20 (7 rounds), Raiser B1ade (8 rounds)
http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/TeamRAF/GreenGold.png Survival overall|Raiser B1ade (8 rounds)
http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/TeamRAF/WhiteSilver.png Sole Survivor|Raiser B1ade (6 rounds)
http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/TeamRAF/WhiteGold.png Sole Survivor Overall|Raiser B1ade (6 rounds)
http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/TeamRAF/BlackSilver.png First Round Casualty|Everyone who died in the first round
http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/TeamRAF/BlackGold.png First Round Casualty Overall|No winner (tie)
http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/TeamRAF/BlueSilver.png Pacifist|pingcode20 (8 airshots)
http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/TeamRAF/BlueGold.png Pacifist overall|pingcode20 (8 airshots)
http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/TeamRAF/PurpleSilver.png Shot at most|Moon Called, Raiser B1ade (3 times)
http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/TeamRAF/PurpleGold.png Shot at most overall|No winner (four-way tie)
http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/TeamRAF/YellowSilver.png Not shot at most|pingcode20 (7 rounds)
http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/TeamRAF/YellowGold.png Not shot at most overall|pingcode20 (8 rounds)
[/table]

Lord Herman
2007-07-14, 02:35 AM
The next round will not start immediately. I'm going on vacation to Prague for a week, and I won't have much access to the internets there.

In the mean time, you can suggest a theme for the next round, or sign up for the auto-notify list. Or maybe even both.

Destro_Yersul
2007-07-14, 02:38 AM
Put me on auto-notify. And for the next round I suggest Ninjas. Ninjas and Samurai.

We will prove once and for all which is greatest, or commit honourable seppuku in the process!

Akaziel
2007-07-14, 02:38 AM
Yeah! Rebels WIN! Awesome!

Next round, let's do...uh... Superheroes vs. Supervillains? Yeah, I can't think of a good theme right now.

Xykon_Fan
2007-07-14, 02:50 AM
I favor the Superheroes vs. Supervillains theme. Also, do we have to sign up for the auto-notify each new round? Do requests for auto-notifies carry over?

Lord Herman
2007-07-14, 02:53 AM
No, you don't have to sign up for auto-notify every time. Maybe I will remove inactive players from the list from time to time, but it does carry over from round to round.

Indurain
2007-07-14, 02:54 AM
Wooooo...Rebels!!

Skippy
2007-07-14, 02:55 AM
What about Transformers?? Decepticons Vs. Autobots seems like a cool theme, and it's In right now...Anyway, well played, rebels!! Well played, Empire!! We'll get them next time...

Oh, and have a nice time in Prague... I think it's a lovely place...

pingcode20
2007-07-14, 03:03 AM
Creepy Nightmare fuel TV shows? (Teletubbies vs Evil Clowns?)

*shudders*

Lord Herman
2007-07-14, 08:48 AM
I have added three new medals, in an attempt to cover every category in the hall of fame of the original game.

The first is the orange medal, for making the most kills in a single round. The only way to do that is with a suicide, so it's essentially the most effective suicide award. As you can see, there aren't any spectacular results in this category yet, but who knows what will happen in later rounds.

Winners of the orange medal:
Round 1: http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/TeamRAF/OrangeSilver.png Castaras, with 2 kills
Round 2: http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/TeamRAF/OrangeSilver.png Raiser B1ade and Captain van der Decken, with 2 kills each
Overall: http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/TeamRAF/OrangeGold.png Not yet awarded, tie between Castaras, Raiser B1ade and Captain van der Decken

The white medal is for the best sole survivor. You earn a point for this medal for each round you survive as the only member on your team. Unlike the survival medal, it is only awarded to one person per round (except in case of a tie).

Winners of the white medal:
Round 1: http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/TeamRAF/WhiteSilver.png Almighty Salmon, with 3 rounds
Round 2: http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/TeamRAF/WhiteSilver.png Raiser B1ade, with 6 rounds
Overall: http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/TeamRAF/WhiteGold.png Raiser B1ade, with 6 rounds

The black medal is the opposite of the white medal. It is awarded to everyone who dies in the first round. This is the only medal that rewards getting killed early on. This medal has more winners per round than the other medals, but people who win this one have virtually no chance to win any other medals.

Winners of the black medal:
Round 1: http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/TeamRAF/BlackSilver.png Akaziel, Bassetking, Calamity, Ezlo, Ink, Kasz, Lord Fullbladder, Lucky, pingcode20, Xykon Fan, Zar Peter
Round 2: http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/TeamRAF/BlackSilver.png Almighty Salmon, Atreyu, Castaras, DarkLightDragon, Dr. Bath, evnafets, faerwain, firepup, Fleeing Coward, Fredricus, Indurain, Kasz, Moon Called, radikalskippy, Zar Peter
Overall: http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/TeamRAF/BlackGold.png Not yet awarded, tie between Kasz and Zar Peter

Raiser Blade
2007-07-14, 09:58 AM
daaaaaaaaaaaaang i have so many medals :smallsmile:

glad i decided to just shoot em Go rebels!!!

Next round hmmm i guess i vote for Transformers vs. Decepticons

Dibs on Optimus:smallwink:

On a completely unrelated note how do you put the medals in your sig?

Lord Herman
2007-07-14, 10:24 AM
To put a medal in your sig, you use the following code:
http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/TeamRAF/ColourMetal.png

Replace Colour with the colour of the medal, and Metal with either Silver or Gold.

Raiser Blade
2007-07-14, 10:29 AM
how about the trophys

whats the code for spoilers

Lord Herman
2007-07-14, 10:35 AM
For the trophies, replace Colour with Win.

And you make a spoiler with these tags:
Look, it's a spoiler!
V becomes V
Look, it's a spoiler!

Raiser Blade
2007-07-14, 10:43 AM
it says i can only have 4 images hmm got to pick the best 4

Baboon Army
2007-07-14, 10:49 AM
Can you sign me up for the auto-notify please?
Thanks.

Lord Herman
2007-07-14, 10:52 AM
it says i can only have 4 images hmm got to pick the best 4

What kind of stupid restriction is that? Well, if you want all your medals in your sig, you can always put all of them in a single picture.

This is the current Auto-Notify list:
Akaziel
Almighty Salmon
Baboon Army
Captain van der Decken
Castaras
DarkLightDragon
Destro Yersul
Dr. Bath
Firepup
Fleeing Coward
Fredricus
Gezina
HyramGraff
Ink
Khaldan
Raiser B1ade
radikalskippy
weebl
Xykon Fan

If you want to be put on the list, just post here and ask. Remember that you will still have to sign up - if you're on the list, I'll just PM you to notify you that sign-ups have started.

Raiser Blade
2007-07-14, 10:59 AM
actually i tried that but the picture doesnt show

oops hehe total accident i defenitly didn't do that just because gold is more shiny

Lord Herman
2007-07-14, 11:02 AM
You have the wrong surviving winner trophy - you should have the silver one. The golden trophy is for Fredricus.

Mr. Moon
2007-07-14, 11:07 AM
What about Transformers?? Decepticons Vs. Autobots seems like a cool theme, and it's In right now

If you do that, I am boycotting Read Aim Fire. >.<

Edit: Mooncalled it was nothing personal when i blew you up plus 2 of my teammates had the same idea :)

I know. It's only my luck that the guy who kills me wins, though, isn't it? I will have my revenge! ^_^

Lord Herman
2007-07-14, 11:26 AM
Also, Raiser B1ade, the silver trophy overrides the bronze one. So if you win a silver trophy for being a surviving winner, you don't get a bronze one for being a dead winner. That means you have room for another trophy.

If you do that, I am boycotting Read Aim Fire. >.<

What, you don't like Transformers? But don't worry - I don't know the setting well enough to narrate that theme. And I haven't seen the new Transformers movie yet. :smallfrown:

Skippy
2007-07-14, 12:42 PM
Neither have I, it was just a suggestion...

Then what about, I dunno, some anime like Fullmetal Alchemist? there are clearly two sides on it... Or perhaps WWII or some historical event...

Mr. Moon
2007-07-14, 12:44 PM
Don't like? Yes, you could say that. But "hate with a burning pashion" would be closer to the mark.

Edit: @RS: I don't think we should do animes. Some people may not have seen them, and they'd be confused.

2007-07-14, 01:10 PM
That's just because you're too locked in your anime ways to give it a chance.

Raiser Blade
2007-07-14, 01:35 PM
WWII
i am so on the nazi side:smallcool:

Lord Herman
2007-07-14, 01:40 PM
I'm sorry, no anime either. There aren't many things I really don't like, but anime is one of them.

edit: WWII is a bit too recent for my tastes. I'd like to keep the game light-hearted, and I don't think I can do that with WWII.

Themes up for consideration
Vikings versus their victims
Superheroes versus supervillains (X-Men? Absurd The Tick-style heroes?)
Scots versus English
Pirates versus Ninjae
Warcraft
Starcraft
Napoleontic warfare (Waterloo?)
Star Trek: The Original Series - Klingons vs Federation, redshirt massacre
Wild West (Cowboys vs indians? Sherrif & deputies vs desperados?)

Themes not up for consideration
Transformers (at least, not until I've seen the new movie)
Anime
Ninja vs Samurai (I don't know enough about Japanese history)
WWII (or any other recent wars)

I'd also like to revisit Star Wars in a later round - I really enjoyed writing this one. Maybe something during the clone wars, or order 66.

Skippy
2007-07-14, 01:59 PM
Waterloo sounds nice!! I brought up WWII because I couldn't think a few centuries backwards...

I'd support Waterloo, definitely

Mr. Moon
2007-07-14, 02:04 PM
The battle for Watterloo sounds nice, however I know enough about Fuedle Japan, I'm willing to narrarate Ninja vurses Samuri.

See? Inu-Yasha IS good for something! ^_^

Lord Herman
2007-07-14, 02:10 PM
Thanks for the offer, but I'm having way too much fun writing these things. :smallbiggrin:

Mr. Moon
2007-07-14, 02:15 PM
But... but... Hurmph. >.<

2007-07-14, 03:13 PM
Redshirts vs. Stormtroopers, perhaps?

Generic Space Battle (Fleet A vs. Fleet B)

Lord Herman
2007-07-14, 03:17 PM
Redshirts vs. Stormtroopers, perhaps?

But if everyone always misses, how do they fight?

2007-07-14, 03:31 PM
Paradoxes kill, man.

InaVegt
2007-07-14, 04:01 PM
How about the battle for azure city?

Or the battle for the shire (Hobbits vs Uruk-hai)

Indurain
2007-07-14, 11:16 PM
To make the game even more complicated...how about...3 teams.

Star Wars vs Star Trek vs Firefly?

Destro_Yersul
2007-07-15, 02:47 AM
More random potential options!

Halo: UNSC vs Covenant
Capture the Flag: Red vs Blue

dun-dun-DUUN
2007-07-15, 03:34 AM
I'm in.
:smallwink:

Castaras
2007-07-15, 03:53 AM
I'm still holding out for Trekkies v Star Wars Fans.

Xykon_Fan
2007-07-15, 03:56 AM
What if you're kind of both? I mean, I still like Star Trek more than Star Wars, but I like both of them a fair amount.

Castaras
2007-07-15, 04:06 AM
Still be loads of fun anyway. Go for Trekkie or something. :smalltongue:

InaVegt
2007-07-15, 04:08 AM
But what if you dislike star wars and have never seen any start trek?

Xykon_Fan
2007-07-15, 04:16 AM
Alright, I'd go for it...

Throws in vote for star wars vs. star trek

Captain van der Decken
2007-07-15, 05:45 AM
Oh, battle for the Shire is a good 'un. And Red vs Blue.

French Revolution? American Independence?

InaVegt
2007-07-15, 09:28 AM
The eighty year war (dutch vs. spanish)
The anglo-dutch wars (dutch vs. english)
The battle for azure city (blue vs yellow/gray)

Studoku
2007-07-15, 12:23 PM
Can you put me on the auto sign up list please?

For a theme idea, what about the ultimate internet war?- Pirates Vs Ninjas

Khaldan
2007-07-15, 05:11 PM
oo starcraft *votes for starcraft*

zerrrrrrrrrrrrgggg

dun-dun-DUUN
2007-07-16, 12:22 AM
Protoss > Zerg...
>.>
Meh.
Starcraft all the way. :smallamused:

pingcode20
2007-07-16, 12:25 AM
Lovecraft Country vs the Deep South.

Baboon Army
2007-07-16, 06:18 AM
Starcraft sounds good to me!
(I miss that game so much:smallfrown: )

Kasz
2007-07-16, 07:19 AM
Can I be put on the auto-notify list please?

I'm in a tie between Zar Peter! I wonder if I'll die first round again.

Also rebels won! We won! Woo!

Lord Herman
2007-07-17, 11:35 AM
Greetings from Prague, and another update for the Auto-Notify list:

The Auto-Notify list:
Akaziel
Almighty Salmon
Baboon Army
Captain van der Decken
DarkLightDragon
Destro Yersul
Dr. Bath
dun-dun-DUUN
Firepup
Fleeing Coward
Fredricus
Gezina
HyramGraff
Ink
Kasz
Khaldan
radikalskippy
Raiser B1ade
Stu42
weebl
Xykon Fan

If you want to be put on the list, just post here and ask. Remember that you will still have to sign up - if you're on the list, I'll just PM you to notify you that sign-ups have started.

Castaras
2007-07-17, 12:19 PM
Hmm....I'd rather not have extra pms clutter up my pm box, so I'd like to be removed from the autonotify list.

I browse the structured games daily, so will be able to join up anyway.

firepup
2007-07-17, 04:43 PM
I vote Superheroes versus supervillains (The Tick-style heroes)

Lord Herman
2007-07-20, 02:10 AM
Okay, I have decided on a theme. It will be Superheroes and Supervillains. I will post the new thread in a minute.

DarkLightDragon
2007-07-20, 06:01 AM
I remember the classic Ready, Aim, Fire had a ninja theme for one of their rounds... it was so freakin' hilarious when I tried to suicide in that one. :smallbiggrin: :smalltongue:

Captain van der Decken
2007-07-20, 06:14 AM
Ohh. That round. :smallannoyed: :smalltongue:

DarkLightDragon
2007-07-20, 06:32 AM
And the ending of the round after that! :smallbiggrin: :smallbiggrin: :smallbiggrin: