PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Dual-progression Psionics and Invocations class?

Lightweaver
2016-07-02, 10:25 AM
Hi!
I have a question about classes that I hope you guys can help me out with. I play 3.5e with a small group, and I'm the only one of us who knows/is willing to learn the proper process to make characters. Because of that, the rest of the players generally tell me what they want, and I design a character for them to match. One of the other players wants me to make him a new character who will be a warlock, but also wants to have, as he put it, "very basic psionic powers."
:smallconfused:
Given that simply multiclassing or dipping into a psionic class will be a waste of a level for him, I was wondering if there was a dual-progression class for Psionics and Invocations that I could aim his character towards, or another class that would get him his "very basic psionic powers" without entirely wasting a level of invocations. It doesn't need to be top tier class, just something that's thematically similar to what he wants.
Thank you so much for your help!

daremetoidareyo
2016-07-02, 10:49 AM
Ardent dip. Something about how the wordage of how mantles work does something or other.

ExLibrisMortis
2016-07-02, 10:51 AM
The Phrenic template is perfect for this. +2 LA, get psionic powers as you level up.

The Cerebremancer and Mind Mage theurges don't accept warlocks; both require actual spells. I don't think any others exist.

Edit: and the ardent, of course. Ardent + Practiced Manifester gets you third-level powers in a one-level (+ one feat) dip, just remember to take the feat first.

Lightweaver
2016-07-02, 12:09 PM
The ardent looks like a great option! Are there any mantles you think would go particularly well with a Warlock?