PDA

View Full Version : Unarmed Duskblade

zutox
2016-07-02, 12:11 PM
Heya.
I have been looking for a Duskblade Variant that would let me deal unarmed damage like, say, a monk would and heard there was such variants around, but I have been unable to find them.
Anyone know about anything like that?

SilverLeaf167
2016-07-02, 12:29 PM
As far as I know (and Google seems to agree) there are literally no variants, racial substitution levels or alternate class features for Duskblades.

If you wanted to homebrew something like this, I'd use the unofficial Unarmed Swordsage variant as an example and simply remove (or at least reduce) armor proficiency in exchange. Shouldn't be much more complicated than that.

Zsaber0
2016-07-02, 04:09 PM
Punch with the gauntlet that comes standard with every set of medium or heavy armor(except breastplates)?

Jormengand
2016-07-02, 05:24 PM
Take the Superior Unarmed Strike feat (ToB 33)? Bonus points for being small or smaller, since the damage from SUAS isn't size-dependent.

Mr Adventurer
2016-07-02, 05:40 PM
Take the Superior Unarmed Strike feat (ToB 33)? Bonus points for being small or smaller, since the damage from SUAS isn't size-dependent.

You need Improved Unarmed Strike first of course...

AslanCross
2016-07-02, 06:24 PM
Punch with the gauntlet that comes standard with every set of medium or heavy armor(except breastplates)?

Without Improved Unarmed Strike, he'd still take attacks of opportunity all the time.
I really don't want to suggest dipping in Monk, so perhaps the best bet is Unarmed Swordsage (assuming the DM rules that it gives Improved Unarmed Strike as a bonus feat like Monk does). Unfortunately ToB is not specific in that regard.

Darrin
2016-07-02, 06:40 PM
I really don't want to suggest dipping in Monk, so perhaps the best bet is Unarmed Swordsage (assuming the DM rules that it gives Improved Unarmed Strike as a bonus feat like Monk does).

Battle Dancer (Dragon Compendium) gives you IUS with full BAB. Cha bonus to AC... might not help a Duskblade much, but a copacetic DM might let you use Kung Fu Genius to switch it to Int.

Even without monk, IUS at 1st, SUS at 3rd, and Snap Kick at 6th isn't a bad way to start Duskblade.

Troacctid
2016-07-02, 06:59 PM
There's no such variant, but it would be an easy thing to homebrew.

Duskblade Variant: Arcane Punch
Level: 1
Replaces: Proficiency with martial weapons
Benefits: You gain Improved Unarmed Strike as a bonus feat at 1st level, and your unarmed strikes deal increased damage according to your duskblade level, as shown on the table below.

Level
Damage (small)
Damage (medium)

1st-3rd
1d4
1d6

4th-7th
1d6
1d8

8th-11th
1d8
1d10

12th-15th
1d10
2d6

16th-19th
2d6
2d8

20th
2d8
2d10

For duskblades of other size categories, adjust the damage according to Table 2-2 in the Dungeon Master's Guide.

Rebel7284
2016-07-03, 12:17 AM
I mean, I would do something like Monk2/Duskblade 3/Ur Priest 2/Sacred Fist 8/X 5 for an unarmed strike+channeling build.