PDA

View Full Version : Class that resets you to level one but lets you keep your feats etc?

Xarteros
2016-07-02, 01:31 PM
Hey gang, I recall stumbling across a class (or PrC?) that you could take (prereqs were a certain artifact I recall), and would reset your level to 1 but keeping all feats and possibly skills (or other things). Your first level would automatically become level 1 of this class.

I'm 85% sure it was some crazy thing in an actual book, and I recall confirming it, since I have basically all the books. I just can't seem to recall where it was or what it was called

It might have had Dark in the name, like Dark Wizard of X or some such, but my googlecrafting skill seems to fail me each time.

Can anyone poke me in the right direction?

khadgar567
2016-07-02, 01:36 PM
Hey gang, I recall stumbling across a class (or PrC?) that you could take (prereqs were a certain artifact I recall), and would reset your level to 1 but keeping all feats and possibly skills (or other things). Your first level would automatically become level 1 of this class.

I'm 85% sure it was some crazy thing in an actual book, and I recall confirming it, since I have basically all the books. I just can't seem to recall where it was or what it was called

It might have had Dark in the name, like Dark Wizard of X or some such, but my googlecrafting skill seems to fail me each time.

Can anyone poke me in the right direction?
I feel like a cat with curiosity which costs him one of his lifes

MaxiDuRaritry
2016-07-02, 01:51 PM
It's not a class, but the elan race, from the Expanded Psionics Handbook, does this. It's kind of like a pseudotemplate, in that you start out as a human (as it's human-only), and you're subject to a ritual that turns you into an elan. It forces you to immediately become a level 1 character, and you can swap out your class and feats and everything else in order to become a new character at level 1. You still have your personal memories, but all the skills and abilities you had are now gone. In exchange, you gain several new racial abilities and immortality.

KillianHawkeye
2016-07-02, 02:12 PM
Elans don't keep feats or anything else mechanically from their previous life, despite their retention of "memories".

sleepyphoenixx
2016-07-02, 02:39 PM
I know what class you're talking about, but i can't remember the name. It's from one of the Kingdoms of Kalamar 3rd party books iirc.

EdRed
2016-07-02, 02:56 PM
Darklight Wizard is very likely the class you are looking for.

Xarteros
2016-07-02, 06:29 PM
Darklight Wizard is very likely the class you are looking for.

Thank you sir.

Apparently my googlecraft roll was a natural 1, Dark Wizard didn't seem to get any hits for Darklight Wizard XD

Thurbane
2016-07-03, 10:57 PM
The cheese level sounds right to be a Kalamar PrC :smallbiggrin: