PDA

View Full Version : Taninim and Draconic Exemplar

Draconium
2016-07-02, 06:59 PM
I recently stumbled across Taninim Dragon race (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/races/3rd-party-races/rite-publishing/dragon-taninim) and the Draconic Exemplar class (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/3rd-party-classes/rite-publishing/draconic-exemplar) from the 3rd-party Pathfinder book In the Company of Dragons. It seems fairly interesting, and definitely one of the more balanced options for playing a dragon I've encountered. However, I was curious if anyone had actually ever used this class in play before, and if so, how it compared to the more normal classes. So here I am, asking now. :smallsmile:

Fayd
2016-07-03, 10:40 AM
I'm running a game where my 4 players are using the race and a slightly modified version of it; insofar as I'm gestalting the class features onto base classes. I have no idea how it's going to go but it will be fun!

If you're curious about the things I changed:
The compulsions were rolled into a hero point system instead of being a flat will save; so as to not let dice dominate roleplaying. I made the draconic weaponry not have daily uses and instead shifted the uses onto draconic gifts. Some powers were thus limited (breath weapon only 1d4 rounds, venomous bite limited to Con Mod per day). I made the stat increases actually match up with the actual size increases for dragons, resulting in massive, massive stats at 20th level. Given what I plan to throw at them I'm not too worried.

Draconium
2016-07-03, 10:43 AM
I'm running a game where my 4 players are using the race and a slightly modified version of it; insofar as I'm gestalting the class features onto base classes. I have no idea how it's going to go but it will be fun!

If you're curious about the things I changed:
The compulsions were rolled into a hero point system instead of being a flat will save; so as to not let dice dominate roleplaying. I made the draconic weaponry not have daily uses and instead shifted the uses onto draconic gifts. Some powers were thus limited (breath weapon only 1d4 rounds, venomous bite limited to Con Mod per day). I made the stat increases actually match up with the actual size increases for dragons, resulting in massive, massive stats at 20th level. Given what I plan to throw at them I'm not too worried.

Aw man, that sounds like fun. Wish I could've joined in. :smalltongue: