PDA

View Full Version : How do I get my group to be more more cooperative play

Sir cryosin
2016-07-03, 10:13 AM
In my group there's 4 of us and two of them are primary full casters. And then there's the cleric and then there's me Paladin me and the cleric get along and we pull off a lot of combos together like in our last session we are fighting a group of vampires what the vampires couldn't get into the house to get the rest of the party so the clerk cast a spell I can't remember which one it was right now to where I wouldn't be able to get hurt as long as I didn't attack anything so I walked outside grappled one of the vampires and then the cleric cast a light on this and I just sat there and held the vampire and daylight until it died and then went on to the next one me and the player who plays the cleric usually do combos like that with our characters but the other two players at the table kind of do their own thing and I was wondering how can I engage or ask them to help with more Cooperative tactics and play to where I'm not sounding like a jackass or a whiny baby. Now the whole entire table is hard on each other and what I mean is here's an example a few sessions ago we came across a pile of clothes and some tracks so I followed the tracks by the rest of the party stood where you stood right there on the side of the road and I came across a werewolf now I attacked the werewolf and I Retreat I attack the werewolf and I retreat until I got to my party everybody at the table was calling me a ***** for not standing there and fighting the werewolf by myself including the DM now this is all fine and dandy I mean we do that to each other but I would like to get them more cooperative play a more role playing out of them without sounding like a goddamn pansy. My issue is this is more of a beer and pretzels group and I want a little bit more role playing out of them and before anybody says not to try to we paid the DM to come and run the games for us.

Cybren
2016-07-03, 10:21 AM
1) I don't think that sanctuary/grapple interaction is on the up-and-up
2) it sounds like this isn't the campaign you want to play in. You can make suggestions or requests but ultimately if they don't wanna play the same game it's gonna be a problem

ProphetSword
2016-07-03, 10:22 AM
Have you tried expressing this to the group?

Sir cryosin
2016-07-03, 10:33 AM
1) I don't think that sanctuary/grapple interaction is on the up-and-up
2) it sounds like this isn't the campaign you want to play in. You can make suggestions or requests but ultimately if they don't wanna play the same game it's gonna be a problem

I had the vampire grappled befor he cast it. All I'm doing is just holding the thing. And taking the dodge action.