PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Spelleater Bloodrager

Iamacup
2016-07-04, 01:15 AM
One question, Why does everyone rip the Spelleater bloodrager down?

The advanced re-generation seems to be pretty amazing to be honest.

Thanks
Cup

Starbuck_II
2016-07-04, 09:16 AM
One question, Why does everyone rip the Spelleater bloodrager down?

The advanced re-generation seems to be pretty amazing to be honest.

Thanks
Cup

Because you can get Fast Heal easier.
Skald gets it for a feat (taken by 1st even).
A Companion-less Vermin Hunter (Worm grants Fast Heal all day).

Nothing wrong with Spelleater, but there are better archetype it could be using.

Necroticplague
2016-07-04, 11:20 AM
The fast healing is, most importantly, only when bloodraging. That means that it defeats the main purpose of fast healing (i.e, ensuring you start each encounter at full health, allowing you to save resources). Meanwhile, the bloodrager has too few spells per day to waste it on Spell Eating. And for two weak abilities, you open yourself up to the massive damage Sneak Attacking enemies can dish out.

In essence, boots of the earth are only 5000 GP, just pick up a pair.

Iamacup
2016-07-05, 05:44 AM
I have been looking into this lots now and looking at different builds. one has come up on the paizo board, it has a build for a primalist arcane spelleater with a combination of archetype powers and the arcane bloodline powers.
Is this legit? It reads to me like you choose one archtype and combine it with a bloodline set of powers, with the exception of crossblooded, who crosses bloodlines.

Wow, I am confused with this. The more I read the more confused I am, in reality i just want to hit things really hard, fly around and engulf people in flames!!!

Build posted in spoiler

Half-Orc Primalist Spell-eater Bloodrager
Alternate Racial Traits: Sacred Tattoo and Shaman's Apprentice
20 point buy: Str: 16, Dex: 14, Con: 15, Int: 8, Wis: 12, Cha: 13
Trait 1: Fate's Favored- Paired with Sacred Tattoo you get +2 Luck bonus on all 3 saves...this is better than taking 3 feats.
Trait 2: Dangerously Curious (cause UMD is a Nice skill to Have...scrolls are cheap)
Trait 3: Optimistic Gambler (this is NOT PFS legal cause it is a campaign trait from second darkness. but if you play in a home game where they don't care about where the trait comes from and allows 3 traits and 1 draw back This is the trait to pick up.) This trait comes from the second darkness campaign and is THE BEST trait for a Bloodrager or Barbarian that is not rage cycling like the build below. Gives 1-4 extra rage rounds after you choose to end your rage every time. Basically its better than taking Extra rage feat 2+ times.
Build By Level:

1 HD: Feats- Endurance(from Shaman's Apprentice Trait) and Die Hard, fast movement, bloodrage, Disruptive Bloodrage (Su)

2 HD: Blood of Life(Su) Notice the SU in that ability. This fast healing IS magical and not a EX ability like a majority of Fast Healing

3 HD: Feat-Fast Healer, Blood sanctuary
(because of Blood of Life (Su) your fast healing IS magical...makes Fast Healer actually work for you to increase your amount of Fast healing by 1+ Half CON modifier= 3 currently)

4 HD: Eschew materials, Blood casting, Arcane Bloodrage (Sp)

5 HD: Feat-Raging Vitality, Spell Eating (Su)
(another source of Magical healing in spell eating and Raging Vitality makes your CON effectively 2 points higher and you don't end rage while unconscious so you can fast heal while down to stabilize and get back up)

6 HD: Bloodline Feat- Power Attack

7 HD: Feat- Arcane Strike, Fast Healing/ Increase

8 HD: Greater Arcane Bloodrage (Sp)
(Doesn't every melee frontliner want Displacement to add layered defense to your AC...amazing ability to have as a free action)

9 HD: Feat- Sunder , Bloodline Feat- Iron Will

10 HD: Fast Healing/ Increase

11 HD: Feat-Bloodied Arcane Strike, Greater bloodrage (Need to take bloodied Arcane strike to free up your swift actions for Raging Brutality and Jingasa of the Fortunate Soldier.)

12 HD: Bloodline Feat- Disruptive, Primal Choices: Superstitious & Witch Hunter
(you're giving up Caster's Scourge (Ex) for 2 rage powers. You should already be a caster's worst nightmare with Disruptive Bloodrage (Su), Disruptive feat, and spellbreaker feat. Now add in more damage you're doing to casters and increasing your saves seems more important to me)

13 HD: Feat- Raging Brutality, Fast Healing/ Increase

14 HD: Indomitable will

15 HD: Feat- Eldritch Heritage- Orc ,Bloodline Feat- Spellbreaker

16 HD: Fast Healing/ Increase, Trade out True Arcane Bloodrage (Sp) for Eater of Magic and Spell Sunder

17 HD: Tireless Bloodrage (Su), Feat- Improved Eldritch Heritage (Strength of the Beast (Ex) from Orc bloodline...+4 Str now and +2 more at level 19....this is a +6 str INHERENT boost. Means it STACKS with whatever Enhancement bonuses you may have acquired)

The gear I recommend:
Headband of Cha +2 or GREATER (You don't need to +1 Cha if you go this route to cast your highest level spells)
Jingasa of the Fortunate soldier- This gets you +2 luck AC and 1/day critical negation for 5k...this really is a bargain Item.
Spell Storing and Furious Adamantine Weapon (preferably reach)
Spell Storing Armor (W/armor spikes if you took a reach weapon)
Spell Storing allows you to cast more spells a day by loading them in your down time. They also are a way to free up action economy and using Vampiric touch or a debilitating Touch attack can make you even better front line tank.

You can also drop arcane strike and Bloodied arcane strike for other feat choices and move them around abit. But the jist of it is I have:
Fast healing, Other sources of healing, UMD, Choice of Resist energy, Haste, or 20%->50% miss chance (I go Displacement all the time), Great Saves, and full CL on self buffs.

You can also switch Sunder and Eldritch Heritage around if you prefer the Touch of Rage over Sundering earlier.

Iamacup
2016-07-05, 06:09 AM
Wait, I researched more, found this.

How it works - as long as Archetype A and Archetype B don't overlap (i.e. replace or modify the same features) you can combine them.

But yeah, they're not like ACFs, where you can choose at any time to go with the standard benefit or the alternate one. Once you choose an archetype, you get everything it provides - PrCs are your only escape.

All good.