PDA

View Full Version : Campaign Journal: First time for everything.

janusmaxwell
2016-07-05, 01:47 AM
Went through character creation and drawing up the campaign map for a game I'll be DM'ing. (Only second time doing such, so wish me luck)

We took a page from the Dresden Files, where we all took a sheet of poster paper and drew up the 'setting map' together, adding a significant landmark or city in turns until we filled up most of the map. Soon after completion, (90% anyway) we were talking about the entrance to the Underdark, which was drawn as a spider on the map.

Then someone asked if it was Chibi.

And then someone made a joke about "Chibi-Lolth".

And curiosity lead to us doing a quick google search under that term.

http://pre13.deviantart.net/0adb/th/pre/i/2015/300/d/c/chibi_lolth_concept_1_by_jestersforce-d9eljoz.jpg
http://pre09.deviantart.net/d023/th/pre/i/2012/119/c/4/luna_x_dam_chibi_by_lunareth-d4mn8xz.jpg

We collectively came up with an idea that is simultaneously made of awesome and weird, and we are going to roll with this all the way through.

The idea, is that the drow are the too-nice, super-creepy neighbors to everyone they meet, A la Ned Flanders.

But then we realized what would be even better for sheer What-The-Feck potential.

http://orig15.deviantart.net/0e52/f/2011/005/7/0/hug_a_friend_by_clara_letritsze-d36ihn8.jpg

Yes. We have made the Drow into Tamaraneans.

Lolth hug us all...

2D8HP
2016-07-05, 02:46 AM
So much to "Google". You have taught an old man much.
:confused:

Pugwampy
2016-07-05, 11:07 AM
But then we realized what would be even better for sheer What-The-Feck potential.

I live for that kind of potential .

A Hugable Drow ? Very very Blorthog .

Joe the Rat
2016-07-05, 05:09 PM
Spiders are all about hugs. look at all those arms! And the silk cocoons - it's like wrapping you in a blanket!
Drow - the ultimate clingy SO.

janusmaxwell
2016-07-09, 10:54 AM
Just going to throw out some details on this campaign, for s**ts and giggles.

It's an E6 campaign, which was recommended by my buddy cause it'll be easier trying to come up with scaled encounters around CR6 for a newbie DM. Course, most of the group are very familiar with 3.5 and routinely talk about ways to snap the difficulty curve over their knee, so that's a thing I might need to compensate for.

General rules:
78 Straight buy at character creation, and they can't raise a stat past 18 at character creation. (Doesn't count for racial bonuses, just means you can't BUY 18< Dex and THEN add the elven Dex bonus)
At level 4, get 2 stat points to put into the stats of their choice, instead of ONLY being able to boost a single stat by 2 points.
Max HP at first level, and at level up, either roll or take the average (Whichever is higher)

Feats which are to be considered a given/Automatic are Point Blank Shot, Weapon Finesse, Combat Expertise (If their character's INT =/>13) and Power Attack (If STR =/>13)

Homebrew things.
The "Dodge" Feat will be a flat +1 AC to a character, UNLESS they have a DEX =/> 13, which will give the flat bonus, and the ability to single out a given enemy and add another +1 to dodging that one enemies attacks.
Thinking about, haven't told the players yet, to have their Initiative score be their reflex save.

More details as events warrant, and possibly pictures of the campaign/setting map if anyone gives a flying rat's tuchus.