PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder commission cost of items

SirKibblesnbits
2016-07-05, 11:49 AM
i cant seem to find a rule on commission costs, if there is one.
so say you have a magic item store and they dont have what you want. i assume there is a rule that tells you what the additional cost is for having the merchant make the item for you, but i cant seem to find it anywhere. halp! plz!

Diarmuid
2016-07-05, 12:42 PM
i cant seem to find a rule on commission costs, if there is one.
so say you have a magic item store and they dont have what you want. i assume there is a rule that tells you what the additional cost is for having the merchant make the item for you, but i cant seem to find it anywhere. halp! plz!

That's basically built into the "market price" of the item. If the merchant made the item for you, then in theory he's probably spending less on acquiring it (but also spending some of his XP) and would still charge you the normal market price. The magic item store had to get the items they had "in stock" from somewhere, either making in-house or purchasing from other stores or overburdened adventurers. How they source their stock doesnt have an impact on the price of an item.

DM's can certainly add in additional cost for rare/contraband items if they wanted to, but there's nothing in any rules to support it succinctly.

Psyren
2016-07-05, 12:57 PM
If you wanted to add a markup to represent this item being "out of stock," a fair way to adjudicate this is to recall that the cost for "spellcasting services" is listed on CRB 159 and 163. The caster will need to cast that particular spell for 1 day for every 1000gp in the price tag of whatever you're having him make, so pay for X days of Y spell and add that to the market price of the item and you should have an easy to figure markup.

Personally though I'm with Diarmuid - the above cost should already be included in the item.