PDA

View Full Version : Industrial Music

Leper_Kahn
2007-07-01, 09:18 PM
Okay... I gotta ask. There seems to be a large group of people who enjoy those repetitive beats, but none of them make it known outside of concerts. Is this some big conspiracy to make me think other people enjoy the music too?

I feel so alone... *Shiver* :smallbiggrin:

Hoggy
2007-07-02, 12:47 PM
I like Industrial stuff. I don't have a lot of it in my collection (some Ministry, some Prong, some NIN) but I like it all the same.

Swedish chef
2007-07-02, 01:05 PM
Yeah I have some Laibach and some Die Krupps as a good example in my collection. I am mostly into synthpop and EBM/Futurepop though. But there are a few industrial groups that rule (see above mentioned bands)

Portent
2007-07-02, 01:33 PM
I rather like Flesh Eating Foundation (at least, I think that's industrial).

Pendragonx
2007-07-02, 01:37 PM
Yeah I have some Laibach and some Die Krupps as a good example in my collection. I am mostly into synthpop and EBM/Futurepop though. But there are a few industrial groups that rule (see above mentioned bands)

ah yes - Laibach! I have their 'WAT' album. It's pretty decent.

(synthpop, ay? ever hear the group Freezepop?)

Semidi
2007-07-02, 10:21 PM
I like NIN (pre-with With Teeth--Pretty Hate Machine and so on), Skinny Puppy, Skinny Puppy (goes in twice for emphasis), Some KMFDM, Ministry, RevCo(polite society's name for 'em), and OhGr. Oh and Genitorturers for the more metal-industrial oriented.

New Albums:
I found Year Zero by NIN to be a decent album, way better than the bee-boppy With Teeth. I should rephrase, a few songs on it aren't filler and are half decent.

Mythmaker by Skinny Puppy was, for me, better than The Greater wrong of the Right (I thought it was a travesty), but at the same time, forgettable. I listened to it a half dozen times and went back to Too Dark Park, Rabies, and Remission.

Looking forward to genitorturer's new album. My girlfriend got a copy Sin City and Society of Genitorture signed by Gen. I'm filled with envy.

Oh and I wish OhGr would make more OhGr, I listened to Welt so much that, well, I almost have the lyrics to most of his songs down, or at least in theory.

Arcane_Secrets
2007-07-03, 12:42 AM
I like NIN (pre-with With Teeth--Pretty Hate Machine and so on), Skinny Puppy, Skinny Puppy (goes in twice for emphasis), Some KMFDM, Ministry, RevCo(polite society's name for 'em), and OhGr. Oh and Genitorturers for the more metal-industrial oriented.

New Albums:
I found Year Zero by NIN to be a decent album, way better than the bee-boppy With Teeth. I should rephrase, a few songs on it aren't filler and are half decent.

Mythmaker by Skinny Puppy was, for me, better than The Greater wrong of the Right (I thought it was a travesty), but at the same time, forgettable. I listened to it a half dozen times and went back to Too Dark Park, Rabies, and Remission.

Looking forward to genitorturer's new album. My girlfriend got a copy Sin City and Society of Genitorture signed by Gen. I'm filled with envy.

Oh and I wish OhGr would make more OhGr, I listened to Welt so much that, well, I almost have the lyrics to most of his songs down, or at least in theory.

I like Skinny Puppy quite a bit, but don't have as much of them as I used to (I just have Too Dark Park now, which is my personal favorite, the Singles Collection, and a couple of other things). Do you like, or have you heard of Teargarden at all? I have Tired Eyes Slowly Burning.

Swedish chef
2007-07-03, 12:56 AM
(synthpop, ay? ever hear the group Freezepop?)

Nope never heard of. Ill check around though

terror_drone
2007-07-03, 01:02 AM
Like, some of my more favored bands incorporate it into their stuff, namely Rabit Junk, Mindless Self Indulgence, and Two Faced Hero's.

Mr Horse
2007-07-03, 01:06 PM
Rabbit Junk is on the Glitchmode label (founded by Cyanotic who've also done stuff with 16 Volt), which is basically an industrial/breakcore/digital hardcore label. They even made a parody song called "Industrial Is Dead". They're pretty much industrial. :P

Anyway yeah, I like industrial. I've been doing industrial, noise, ebm, ambient, neofolk, breakcore, trip hop, avant garde and goth events in Copenhagen for almost 6 years, and been a DJ for three.

Swedish chef
2007-07-03, 02:57 PM
Anyway yeah, I like industrial. I've been doing industrial, noise, ebm, ambient, neofolk, breakcore, trip hop, avant garde and goth events in Copenhagen for almost 6 years, and been a DJ for three.

Cool to see another DJ. I have been DJ-ing for the local club off and on for about 7 years but its mostly on the "happy amature" level.

Mr Horse
2007-07-04, 03:57 PM
Cool to see another DJ. I have been DJ-ing for the local club off and on for about 7 years but its mostly on the "happy amature" level.

neat, which club have you been playing at? Maybe we know each other :D

Swedish chef
2007-07-05, 02:17 AM
I dont think so. It is a small local club only, and as i said it is on the happy amature level. However its great to know that by playing just the right song you can get people to go ape on the dancefloor. Thats power :D

bosssmiley
2007-07-05, 02:30 PM
*does the 'evil dog' shifty eyes*

Ain't no industrial music fans here. Ain't none anywhere. Got that? Good.

Ministry (my gateway drug to industrial), NIN, KMFDM, Front 242, Kill Thrill Kult, Ultraviolence, Strapping Young Lad/Ocean Machine, Stabbing Westward, Rammstein, etc.

If it sounds like they're being kicked down a fire escape in a dustbin, I've probably wigged out to it. :smallwink: