PDA

View Full Version : Born to the Storm IC

AlanBruce
2016-07-05, 09:11 PM
@Raikou: It's been a few months since Choralis welcomed you to her isle.

http://paizo.com/image/content/CrimsonThrone/PZO9007_Queen_Illeosa.jpeg

The ancient keeper of this majestic natural tower amidst the waves is not human, but a fey. Much like Kaalo, but unlike her, one said to wander the seas.

The Ossian Way is said to be a dangerous stretch out at sea in the Ocean of Storms, but compared to back home in the Sea of Sands, where Raiden had given his life to protect your homeland.

Who knows how Kaalo and the others are doing amidst the fire incensed dunes caused by the Lord of Fire, who envelops it all like a raging volcano.

Cyrus seems to enjoy the tropical winds on the green plateau that rises almost a mile off the water, it's ivory stone with ornate steps carved from it circling around the entire tower from the rocky shores where the water crashes but never even rocks the opulent palace of white and gold, amidst a carefully trimmed garden of fruits and fountains of supposed magical properties.

Choralis Isle is home to all manner of beasts- from seagulls to lions, but none have ever even attacked you.

The lone resident of this abode, a powerful sorceress after whom the island is named was more than welcome to have you as a guest, no matter how long.

From what she has told you, she used to be a lieutenant for a war a long time ago. Even before you were born.

The beautiful marble friezes depicting her flying with a horned woman and riding a monstrous green horse against a blue sea titan and a beautiful wave spirit has not exactly been explained by her, despite your inquisitive nature and her chatty attitude.

What you have learned during your stay here is that you aren't the first to visit her island.

Tales of a famed expedition that braved Procan's Garden, several miles south from the island have been recorded in detail by her servants- men too stupid not to follow her simple rules, which were not to eat the fruit without permission or hunt the beasts in the island.

A mixture of men and beast, they now trim the gardens of Choralis and carefully darken perfect squares on the trimmed grass and put on ornate helmets and serve as literal pawns for her favorite past time:

Chess.

The tales of the Stormcasters have been told to you here- mainly, of the now thankfully slain Bavmorda, who is said to have been one of many terrors to hold dominion over the Ossian Way.

This sea hag used to be part of a coven, along with monstrous Ferula and cunning Alfhyld, her equally vile sisters.

And as you watch the tall goat men finish the details of what looks like an overturned ship amidst a sea of kelp and an elf mage, a halfling just like you with a crown above her head and several men in armor, both light and heavy, storming against a hideous hag with the amazing power of lightning.

She used to be one of the most dreaded sovereigns in this stretch of the sea, Raikou. It got so bad that I had to leave my post here and help a dear friend of mine- a young human priest by the name of Tonel...

It was not an easy battle for them, but one worthy to be depicted in my palace.

And so, she would regale you with tales of the sea. Of how Litheum Isle was freed by these same men from the machinations of the sinister Ferwen, who now serves her existence as a figurehead aboard the Skullcrone, a ship best avoided at all costs.

And also, tales of the wondrous City of Vinessia, kingdom of the Tiwele line, a realm of merfolk, ruled by Queen Keéra, who so happened to be depicted on the mural, but as a halfling.

And it is on one of many sunny days as you practice your powers of the storm far away from the palace and Cyrus rides the clouds above you that a horn is blown from the waves almost a mile below and Choralia, who in the last few days has been rather absent minded walks out of her breezy palace of gold and white, her golden crown, shaped like a mollusk threatening to fall off her red hair anytime and holds her breath as she listens to light steps coming up the ivory tower.

"Raikou, we are having a special guest coming here today. On your best behavior...""

It takes almost an hour as you look down from the plateau and see what appear as men riding sea horses. these have surrounded the entire isle and a lone figure ascends the steps, using a beautiful Rune Staff made of green beach wood and covered in deep blue shells, etched in countless sigils.

A shoal made of sea foam hangs around her neck and shoulders making and unmaking itself, the water from it dripping down her arms and then receding back again to the shoal itself.

Her hair seems more like water than actual hair as the maiden pants and catches her breath as she looks up at Choralis:

http://img11.deviantart.net/9869/i/2009/144/3/f/nereid_by_samshank0453.jpg

"You couldn't have made your tower any taller?""

Choralia fans herself and fixes eyes with the newcomer.

"Blame your Court for that...""

Both women stare at each other with keen eyes and for a few seconds there, you swear there is going to be an arcane showdown, which ought to come as no surprise:

The woman who has ascended the steps is identical to the one depicted fighting against Choralia in one of the many murals in her palace.

And then, both smile and hug each other fraternally as the visitor caresses the fey's cheek.

"How are things going here? Have you been bothered by her since?""

"No. Not at all. I have been rather fortunate to not have attracted her attention. What about you? Quite the committee that follows you now... just like back in the old days.""

The woman looks over the edge and chuckles as she walks with both towards the palace.

"Queen Keéra does not wish to see harm visited upon me. I am now one of her Royal Advisors. And yes: It is because of the old days that I am here.... wait.""

The woman looks down at you and smiles.

"A halfling? I hope not one ensorcelled by you?""

Choralia laughs nervously and fans herself some more.

"Impossible! This is Raikou, from the Sea of Sands. A sorcerer... and that is Cyrus, his air elemental.

Raikou, this is Lady Daphne, Titania's Wave of Whimsy, Mistress of the Untamed Oceans and proud member of the Seelie Court.""

Daphne blushes and bows to you.

"Daphne is fine. Nice to meet you, Raikou.""

Choralia rubs her chin in thought and her eyes widen with a smile.

"You might know of a Kaalo... cactus dryad? Raikou said he met her back in the Sea of Sands...""

Daphne keeps walking as a cadre of beast men prepare a table for the three of you and Daphne takes a seat at one end of the table as one of the goat men offers her honey wine, which she politely refuses.

"Choralia... she is a cactus. I am a wave. She lives in the desert. I live in the ocean.

How could I even happen to meet her? Now, to the matter at hand... you heard the call?""

Choralia has one of her man servants pour her some honey wine in a goblet.

"Heard it and refused it. They are attempting to bring it again... if they haven't done so already. Reason why I called you. No news from your end?""

"None. I have been very busy attending to Vinessia- the Alecto situation is getting worse with each passing day. It is troubling"the moment it happened, I would have been alerted.

But even if that were the case, my hands are tied- there is no conflict here and it is likely happening inland, as was during her first war."

Niwrad
2016-07-06, 01:24 AM
It was just another day on the Isle of Lady Choralis. The keeper of this Island and his mentor had managed to once again trounce him in a game of Chess, maintaining her straight victory streak that had begun from his very first day. Downcast by yet another loss, Raikou flies with Cyrus high into the skies above the island and begins to practice his storm powers, something he found could usually help calm his nerves.

But today even the most extraordinary of storm magic couldn't seem to relax him, so he cut his regiment short and spent the rest of the time lying lazily on Cyrus and contemplating the past few months. He even unrolls his favorite kite and lets it loose into the wind while he thinks.

Ah well. Another loss huh Cyrus. Somehow I doubt I'll ever be able to beat her in that frustrating game.

Maybe I should practice with you to get better heheh.

Cyrus simply shrugs in acknowledgement.

He decides that as much as Choralis seemed to love it, the game of Chess was a game for intellectuals and bookworms in their dusty old rooms, not something for him.
With that thought in mind, Raikou begins to smile once more, and he turns his mind to some of the other events that had happened recently.

Then he began to wonder how his fey friends in the Sea of Sands were doing. The last he had seen, the allied forces had been on full retreat in face of the relentless enemy. It seemed almost unfair for him to be relaxing high in the Ossian Way like this while those he cared about were under such a deadly threat. His mind then turns to some of the less than pleasant encounters he had in recent months. Choralis had told him much about some of the remaining inhabitants of these seas. But in spite of her warnings, Raikou's curiosity had sometimes gotten the better of him and as a result he had some dangerously close calls.

He had almost become a permanent member of the crew of the Skullcrone had it not been for some quick action by Cyrus.

If not for pure luck, he wouldn't have managed to hear the arrival of the harpy queen and hide in time.

And finally, a recent run-in with Alfhyld had left him purple for several days.
Clearly he still had much to learn.

His pensive state is ended by a loud horn call from below. Descending quickly, the halfling and the elemental return to Lady Choralis's side, curious to see who this new arrival was. Silently he watches as the strange newcomer approaches his mentor. He was very tempted to begin pestering Choralis with questions, but he had spent enough time here now to know that Choralis would probably prefer silence. He continues to watch as the two embrace one another, as if they were already quite familiar with one another. Just how old were both of them. He also nods in polite greeting when introduced to the other fey.
Then when the two begin to discuss the matter at hand, Raikou becomes thoroughly confused. Lady Choralis had told him of Daphne before, so he knew of her current work in the Mermaid Kingdom. He pets one of the nearby beasts as he attempts to hold his tongue.
But what was his master referring to? It seemed like someone somewhere was attempting to bring about the return of something... And they had called her for help. Was it perhaps those whom she had once served? At that point, the little halfling's curiosity simply could not contain itself anymore.

What war?

He blurts out suddenly before realizing what he had done. He considers maintaining silence, but decides it was a little too late for that now. So he continues to talk.

Is it something happening with fey? On the mainland somewhere right? Who called you? Was it the ones you once served so long ago? And what's keeping your hands tied here?

...If you don't mind me asking?

AlanBruce
2016-07-06, 05:45 AM
@Raikou: Daphne and Choralia look at each other and then at you as you question about what war are they referring to,

The murals in the palace are a clear indication that Choralia isn't the same gracious host today as she was long ago...

But how long ago, exactly?

Daphne looks at you and Cyrus and rubs her chin in thought.

"You aren't just a sorcerer apprentice, are you, Raikou? No, of course not- it takes a certain degree of power to draw the attention of a being from the Inner Planes. Choralia, you mentioned he was involved in a war.""

The ruler of Choralis Isle finishes her wine and raises her hand as her man servant is about to serve her a refill.

"Far from here. He was sent away by a dryad named Kaalo. Some fire war across Oerth. I doubt it can reach us, though...""

Daphne looks out at the open spaces between the great marble columns and at the horizon, with the sound of the ocean crashing on the ivory tower.

"How many wars have been waged in all this time? As we speak, Alecto and her...angels wage war on Vinessia.

Archaidous, Tonel, Lysa and others are probably in a war of their own in that city, Halmathan.

The Sea of Sands is under siege as well. Fire, you say? How ironic that a horrific power that swims these oceans would, in a way, keep us safe from that.""

Daphne gets up and Choralia follows suit.

"We fey are no exception, Raikou. We are beings of whimsy. Carefree, yes... but some of us get carried away. For generations, younger races have regarded us as gods, since many of us epitomize an aspect of Nature.

Fey are beings that the mortal mind cannot comprehend, but that does not make us deities. Some of us are content in watching your kin simply exist, ever curious about your lifespans, short but oh so filled with sensations that not even us could ever attain.""

Daphne walks down the long corridors and places her hand on the friezes on the wall, running her hand on the carefully sculpted figures and stopping before the one which shows her in battle against Choralia.

"But there were some fey who decided to use their power to proclaim themselves as deities. One in particular. A powerful Courtier of the Unseelie, who serve the Queen of Air & Darkness.

Her name is Lady Windemere, Herald of Ice & Frost and ruler of the Court of Sorrows.""

Choralia crosses her arms and looks at the reflective marble surface, remaining quiet, while Daphne continues.

"Windemere laid claim to a vast woodland realm, far from here, in a place called by mortals as the Fey woods. there, I was told that from her castle, she attempted to overthrow the Seelie, my kin, by freezing everything with the Eternal winter, the ability to manipulate the Frostfell with devastating effects.

A war that lasted years spread through the Fey woods. Seelie against Unseelie, in battles either direct or from the shadows.

It devastated the forest and many old spirits ceased to be entirely. The war being brutal on both sides.

We out here in the ocean were not spared.

Windemere wanted absolute conquest and the Unseelie are known to make alliances with beings that are not necessarily fey, much like we the Seelie have long lasting alliances with the noble eladrins, sworn to fight by our side from time immemorial.

Out here, I was vastly outnumbered: A few of my sisters and Kai, Grand Oceanstrider were all that stood against those appointed to this stretch of the sea by Windemere. Amongst her notable lieutenants:

Meriel, the Steed of Destruction and Lamentation

Elenwen, the Delver of Malignant Dreams

Choralia, the Dark Siren.""

Daphne looks at your hostess and this one sighs.

"Yes. I was originally on the side of the Unseelie, by birth and station. I stood against Daphne on several occasions... our powers matched. Enough to shake the entire Ossian Way.

I have attempted to erase those memories from my mind for centuries. I wrought much suffering to both fey and mortal during our fights out here.""

A tear rolls down the sirine's cheek as Daphne walks up to her and catches it with her finger and smiles.

"But in the end, a miracle happened- the forces of the Seelie inland were able to dethrone Windemere and a treaty was signed- The Verenestrian Pact. I do not know the details of this treaty, but suffice to say that all Unseelie under Windemere's banner and her Court of Sorrows were banished from oerth for all eternity...

All except for one. One who truly repented for her sins, for Verenestra is a merciful deity, as is her mother, Queen Titania.""

Choralia smiles back and looks at the mural.

"However, to ensure that my repentance was true, I was assigned this island, which is actually a prison. To this very day, i am confined to keep with my own power those malignant spirits that sided with Windemere a thousand years ago, when the war of Eternal Winter was first waged.

However...

A few months ago, I was forced by necessity to help a dear mortal friend, the priest Tonel to fight Bavmorda. You remember the tale I told you about her? The hag stormcaster and her sisters, Ferula and Alfhyld.

My penance was to remain here, for if I ever left my post, if only for a few seconds, a small window might open, not enough for the lesser spirits to seep out, but for a cunning one...""

Daphne clenches her hand into a fist and punches the frieze showing the horned lady.

"Choralia told you about Bavmorda and her Sunken Sisterhood? terrifying hags in their own might, well...

Elenwen is their mother. The night hag Blessed by Cegilune, goddess of hags and the dark side of the moon.

This vile fiend was one of the most dangerous beings that I had to wage war upon during the days of the Eternal winter. She is cunning, cruel and treacherous, invading the dreams of the unwary and striking fiendish bargains, seemingly innocuous at first, but with grave consequences.

She is a collector and bargainer of souls. Utterly evil...and she is on the lose.""

Choralia paces around her palace.

"But she hasn't been seen here at all. Not since she attempted to kill Tonel in the Dream Fade""

"She would have disappeared for all intents and purposes, yes. However, when I was rescued by Archaidous, Lysa, Queen Keéra, Tonel and Alexander from Meriel and given hospice aboard the S.S. Dauphin, Elenwen worked her vile magic on the crew...

She was wily enough that Callista and I were suspected of her witchcraft. She would later cause the deaths of many in the Cliffs of Good Hope.

From then on, all traces of her disappeared. I had hoped someone would've finished her in some other reality, but Elenwen did not attain her status for being easy to catch.

The Court of Sorrows has returned...and I do not know why. It is beyond my scope and dominion. But I would have been alerted by the Seelie Courts about their return, enough to Send for Archaidous and the others for assistance.

When you told me of the situation, Keéra and I attempted to contact them, but to no avail. They are unreachable.

I do not know if Windemere is being opposed in the main land, nor do I know how to get to her. If the fey who deposed her are still alive, maybe they can do what was done a thousand years ago, but right now, with more recent threats like Alecto, Elenwen could return here, her loyalty to Windemere strengthened and release all those you keep captive.

If that were to happen, we would stand no chance. We are weakened as it is with current threats, let alone ancient ones.""

Choralia walks and stops at the unfinished mural depicting the fight with Bavmorda, surrounded by lightning and smiles as she taps the hag's face on the wall.

"I have to remain here, my duty eternal.

You have to help Vinessia against Alecto...

But Raikou is not held by any such obligations. He is very powerful. Even more than Bavmorda, I dare say.""

Choralia kneels so as to be at the same eye level as you and places her hands on your shoulders.

"Kaalo did not send you all the way here just to admire the view, Raikou. She must've seen something that I too can see: a desire to help. You have been blessed with a beautiful gift, child...

Your village may have been lost to that Lord of Fire, but nothing is really destroyed. Merely transformed. And I believe you can be the catalyst for such change. Your race is exceptional and crafty.

I ask you, little Raikou- will you help us in this war? Because right now, neither of us can go and deal with Windemere."

Niwrad
2016-07-06, 08:35 AM
Raikou listens intently as the two fey describe to him the ancient fey conflicts. Cyrus listens as well, but keeps turning to his master and the two whisper to one another in a low voice

A being from the inner planes?

She means you now quiet and keep listening.

The halfling turns back to Daphne and Choralis and nods.

My friends in the desert fight a losing war against a flaming warlord who seeks to conquer all. I don't think he'll be content with just the Sea of Sands either. He burned down village in the blink of an eye. And he's burned down plenty of other homes too.
Someday I bet he'll want to conquer the lands beyond the Sea of Sands. And when he's conquered the rest of the World he'll probably want to conquer the seas too. And when he does, there isn't enough water in the world to stop him.

I don't think even the Sea Devil could stop him, although I'd much like to see her try heheh.

He then continues to listen as the two describe the leader of the unseelie court, as well as the nature of Lady Choralis's imprisonment on this island.

Even just hearing about Windemere and her eternal winter makes him shiver a little, so he tries to lighten the mood a little.

Windemere... herald of icicles and ice cream.

This Windermere lady sounds like one cold-hearted crone. I bet if I went to see her in these Fey Woods she'd give me a pretty frosty reception.

Raikou grins and glances back and forth at the two fey hoping to see at least see one of them smile.

Nothing.

In fact, Raikou is almost certain he can see Cyrus shaking his head.

The halfling sighs and turns to look Choralis in the eye with a bit of a serious expression on his face.

So Lady Choralis and Lady Daphne, let me see if I understand this correctly.

There's a new fey war happening in a forest far away many many miles from here on the mainland between some ice queen and a few other nicer fey. Both of you want to go help out these good fey that you don't know and have never met but you can't because you're already busy fighting foes here in the Ocean? I do like nice fey much more so than evil fey however, and I'm sorry if I might sound ignorant here, but why is this your fight too?
This Fey wood is miles from here, and it doesn't seem like Windemere is bothering you guys in the ocean.

What happens if she wins? If she gets her little icebox? And also how did her and her servants come back if this pact thingie was supposed to ban them for all eternity?

Raikou also glances at Cyrus and whispers to the elemental.

What do you think?

When all he receives is a vague shrug, he sighs and shakes his head.

Helpful as always.

AlanBruce
2016-07-06, 06:15 PM
@Raikou: Daphne listens to your tale about the Sea of Sands and walks down the marble halls of Choralia's palace gesturing to the open air spaces between the massive columns.

"This Lord of Fire you speak of... he is not known to me, but I know the Sea Devil. I know of what power she has. So far, she has not been involved in the fey conflict.

And a good thing too- if she were to side with the Herald of Ice, then Oerth stands no chance. Perhaps both working together could even overthrow this Fire Master you speak of and then not only the fey woods, but the entire ocean and the lands that it supports would come under their rule.

And what you say is true: Neither Choralia or I ever met the fey that deposed Windemere a thousand years ago. I know that like me, they belong to the Seelie Courts, but we are so few and so scattered. the last war was devastating, Raikou: we Seelie were nearly wiped out of the face of Oerth.

Even if victory was ours, there is no such thing as a good war.""

Choralia looks at both and then at the murals.

"The Verenestrian Pact is clear: those of the Court of Sorrows cannot ever come back. It was mutually agreed upon by the Powers that Be and it was maintained that way for one thousand years...

Why has the Pact been ignored now? We do not know. What I do know is that many of Windemere's worst are locked in this tower. I am the sole jailer of many hateful spirits that sided with the Unseelie back during the first war.

If the Herald of Ice attains enough power inland, she will direct her gaze to the seas, which were also part of her conquest, and reason why I was placed here in the first place, along with Meriel and Elenwen.

Meriel is thankfully dead, but Elenwen isn't- she is notoriously hard to put down. And knowing her, she will attempt to contact the Herald inland and have her forces come here.

If that happens, given how many threats are already keeping us busy and weakened, she will unleash the spirits held in this island tower and then we don't have a chance...

Not even the desert lands. Windemere has the power to bring forth the Eternal Winter, which is to freeze the entire world. Very few would be able to survive a Frostfell of such magnitude... do you understand the implications of this?""

Daphne crosses her arms and nods.

"There is also the matter of the Seelie- they should have answered the call. Windemere is supposed to be stopped by the opposing Courts immediately upon her arrival on the Prime, such is the decree of the Verenestrian Pact...

But they haven't contacted me, even. Choralia was contacted by an Unseelie representative inland, to heed the Herald's call and release the spirits held here. reinforcements for her war.""

Choralia sighs and looks at the murals, depicting hordes of black horned spirits like Elenwen riding steeds over the ocean waves.

"She was one by the name of Wihinhilda. I heard she is a powerful fey amongst the Herald's Court of Sorrows. It was she who ordered me to set the spirits free, but I refused...

Before communication ceased, she threatened saying my course of actions would be dire. So you see, it is only a matter of time before her forces make it here and I am overtaken.

My strength isn't what it used to be a thousand years ago. I had hoped daphne would have some help from her side, but as you ca see, we are alone out at sea.

And I do not relish the idea of seeing this war happen again."

Niwrad
2016-07-06, 06:37 PM
Raikou listens to both the fey ladies and nods along, beginning to understand why they had to do something about these winter fey. He also looks out across the sparkling blue waters of the Ossian way, and thinks back to the desert oasis and dunes back home.

Both places would be pretty awful if they were frozen over by this ice herald.

He looks back at Lady Choralis.
This fey lady had given him a home here and helped teach him how to improve his own arcane power. If what she described was true, then this far-away winter threat wasn't just a danger to the rest of the World if left unchecked, but it was also a danger for her and Daphne.

At the very least, Raikou knew he ought to fight on her behalf.

He glances at the murals depicting the ancient fey wars and speaks.

Thank you Lady Choralis and Lady Daphne, I see now why something must be done about this Windemere. I'd much rather this nice ocean water here to stay warm and not be cold or frozen over.
And most of all, this is a threat to you and so after everything you have done for me these past few months I think it's only right that I help you in return.

So very well then, I'll go to this Fey Forest and fight on your behalf.

Raikou turns to Cyrus and grins.

Well Cyrus, looks like it's time for winter vacation

The expression on the elemental's face seems to turn into a slight frown as Raikou looks back at the two fey before him.

I'll find this Winhinhelda and kick her butt. I'll show her why you don't threaten Lady Choralis. And I'll keep a look-out for Elenwen too.

When do I leave?

AlanBruce
2016-07-07, 06:26 AM
@Raikou: The sound of a horns echoes from the waves far below as Daphne embraces Choralia and then places her hand on your head and smiles.

"That is the call for me to return to Vinessia. Raikou, thank you. I wish I could go in your place and stop this Herald, but as it stands now, my place is here, fighting against Alecto and her cadre of harpies.

Know that you are welcome to Vinessia and get an audience with Queen Ke' era for your bravery. If you are up to it and the conflict here is not ended, we could certainly welcome someone as brave as you against the Harpy Queen.""

And having said that, Daphne walks away, escorted by Choralia's beast men towards the alabaster steps leading to the ocean.

Choralia watches her friend leave and sighs as she places her hand on the wall and this one moves, revealing a set of stairs leading deeper into the tower and urges you and Cyrus to follow.

"It is selfish of us to ask you to fight our wars. This Eternal Winter should be no more. Just a fragment of myth passed down for generations as a tall tale, but it would seem the Herald of Ice wishes to make it all too real.""

The sirine leads you down a long spiral of steps and stops at a great circular room, with murals depicting the ancient Fey Wars along the Ossian Way, with her and Daphne matched evenly with a great display of arcane power as both soar above the waves.

In the center of the room are two beds, with a large crystal ball held on an obsidian claw.

Choralia walks up to it and places her hand on the crystal sphere as this one begins to manifest a grey storm cloud from within, crackling with electricity as the entire room begins to rain.

"I had not used this room since Tonel was captured by Elenwen in the Dream Fade. I can only hope the power contained here is sufficient to help me divine where this Wihinhilda is...

Be careful with the Court of Sorrows, Raikou: I once belonged to them, and I was not even allowed to meet the Herald directly because of my low rank. Those fey inland were deemed extremely dangerous to exist on Oerth and, they were banished.

Use what you have learned both with Kaalo and here to help you find a way to resolve this conflict. Above all, find why the Verenestrian Pact has not been followed and if so, attempt to contact the Seelie- they will be able to assist you in this task.

And above all, be wary of Elenwen- she may not be a fey like me or Daphne, but she was a cruel and cunning hag who most likely holds a grudge against those that imprisoned her. Mainly me.""

The crystal ball begins to glow with blue light as Choralia grunts and places her hand against it, focusing her arcane power and the rain falls inside the room like a deluge.

"I will attempt to open a portal to where Wihinhilda is, Raikou! Once the portal lets you and Cyrus through, you are on your own! Trust your instincts, child! You are a lot more powerful than you believe!""

Cyrus hides behind you as Choralia lets out a primal scream as the crystal ball becomes fragmented and the shards spin around the room assembling themselves into an uneven mirror showing a snowy landscape and what looks like a fortress made of black ice shaped into bones and wings, suspended by massive chains above a pit.

"That is where you will find Wihinhilda, Raikou. Go...and good luck to both of you- may Verenestra smile upon you and bless you. This is all I can do now...thank you, Raikou and Cyrus.""

The tremendous arcane power held by the portal is such that Choralia drops on her knees as she focuses to maintain it open and Cyrus flies by your side as the electricity in the room becomes that much stronger.

You may want to say something to your gracious hostess, but she can barely stand up, let alone speak- all her power used to send you to yet another war.

But you have trained. You were born with the gift to bring forth the Storm.

Bandobras sure would be proud... if he were around.

And so, Cyrus rushes in with you as the storm envelops both and Choralias room vanishes as you begin to free fall across Time & Space towards this gigantic palace of bone and chains, hail and frost hitting your face as conifer trees begin to rise around you.

And as you watch a group of people miles below you begin to make their way towards this sinister abode, a woman's voice can be heard around both of you as a murder of crows flies around and each fixes their tiny red eyes on you, speaking in unison, with a voice sent from somewhere else.

So... treacherous Choralia attempts to send in an assassin to my domain? What a sorry excuse for a sirine. It is no wonder the Herald sent her to a dead end stretch out at sea- she was never that important.

Ironic that the foolish Seelie would entrust her with keeping the Herald's back up forces in check... and all she can send is a halfling and an elemental? Pathetic.

The crows begin to peck you and Cyrus as the caws deafen you completely and their red eyes and black feathers obscure your vision as that woman speaks again:

I will not be bothered by a small simpleton and his simpleton summon! Go pester somebody else... I have a few Guardians to kill.

Something is wrong.

Choralia's spell should have sent you to see Wihinhilda directly, but fey has redirected the spell as the crows force you out of the dimensional rift- something unheard of- and the domain is obscured by a freezing blizzard as you are tumbled through miles of trees and branches as ice shards barrage your small body and the fey laughs.

You wish to come to the Herald's Realm? Very well, halfling. Your wish is granted, but not under Choralia's whims. Nobody can enter Helheim without my authority!

Suffer with the mortals in Cranachmere. Hate Choralia for having brought you here alone and defenseless. You will come to regret your blind devotion, rat!

And so, plummeting through trees and piles of ice and snow, the cawing ravens become spectral and begin to vanish...

It would seem that coward Wihinhilda does not wish to face you- she is probably too frightened of your powers! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?492781-The-Eternal-Winter-IC-2&p=20972938#post20972938)