PDA

View Full Version : Journal Armored Suits and Armored Intentions: A campaign note collection.

TheRedFox201
2016-07-05, 11:37 PM
Hello Playground, This is my first Campaign Journal. My friends and I have been playing TTRPG's before we really knew what they were. This Campaign consists of myself as DM, My best friend, his younger brother, and a third friend.

The system is my own concoction. It is a D20 system on a hex grid. The important systems to know for context are the time system and the Powered Armor capabilities.

Turns happen simultaneously. Characters plan ahead up to their speed number. So a character with five speed must set the next five units in stone, while a speed three character only needs to set three units aside at a time. Now so far, everybody has been on the same speed, but that may change.

Now, the main characters are in powered armor suits. They are vastly better than suit-less characters. Suits have the ability to perform more strenuous tasks than normal, or the same tasks but faster in exchange for building heat. This is handled as an accumulating points system. If a character accumulates too much heat, their suit will go into shutdown for a while. Heat points take minutes to go away, so for the purposes of a firefight they are generally permanent. *Important note* A suits heat limit will drop if they sustain a certain amount of damage, so coasting at 9/10 heat is a danger.

Now that we have a fine grasp on the system let us move on to the setting. This takes place on basically a modified earth. The cultures and geography are all different.

The main characters are all a part of Wolon's Special Task-force Tau. This is one of the most black of ops, and is one of the few Powered armor Task-forces. Powered armor proper has existed for at least three decades, and compatibility is at least somewhat genetic and very rare. These suits are so-far unknown in the public eye, reserved only for tasks that are not allowed to fail.
Tau is the newest and therefore lowest of the Powered task-forces. It is run by Captain Silverman who answers to a Colonel that further oversees the Task-forces. Silverman is not suit-compatable.

The PC's are all basically foreigners that sought Wolon for differing reasons.

First is Raven, Played by my best friends younger brother. Raven was originally a satire of the EDGELORD type of character, but ended up being to bland, so he was replaced by his sister Raven as of last session. New Raven is a much more fun character despite being otherwise the exact same as Old Raven.

Skill: Shotguns 2 Demolitions 3 (2 until end of last session)
Suit Class: Assault / Jetpack (Builds heat per unit of use)

Secondly is Ryu. Ryu is an exiled member of an Orchehan ninja clan. The head of the clan was planning to do something exceedingly detrimental to the clan and their honor, but Ryu knew he had insufficient evidence to present, so he sacrificed his honor by slaying the head of the clan so that the clan may benefit.
Ryu has a weird sense of honor that seems to mostly apply to combat. Otherwise, Ryu is in this for the glory, and often appears arrogant. Ryu has sustained the most damage across all missions of all the PC's as a result of this and his role as the primary aggressor.

Skill: Melee 2 Throwing 2 Grappling 1 (Never used)
Suit: Assault / Heat limit + (12 instead of 10)

Lastly is Oralaith, Played by my best friend.(ooc older brother of Raven's player) Oralaith was a princess of a nation on a separate continent to Wolon. It was known for its fine soldiers, and value of strength as well as integrity. Oralaith's father was a the head of KATU's investigative board in addition to his monarchy. He was tasked with investigating WMD development in Sarkon (a very large neighboring province) He found something, but a coup happened before he could file the report. His wife, Oralaith's stepmother conspired with unknown third parties as well as the king's brother to usurp his place. The report was modified to hide any WMD development. Oralaith's Uncle soon married the Queen widow, taking power. Oralaith was herself attacked, but managed an escape to Wolon. All she has left is her training and a list of names. All she wants is Vengeance.

Skill: Sniper 3 (2 until end of last session) Striking 1 Throwing 1
Suit: Support / Thermal Vision

Let me know any questions you have, and opinions. I'll update this quick. (I am only posting it as it is so that nothing destroys the text I just spent a lot of time on.)

Sincerely,
TheRedFox

TheRedFox201
2016-07-07, 11:01 PM
Alright Playground, I am back with further logging to be done.

The campaign started with a basic introduction to Captain Silverman. Silverman in this context just spit out the mission details while being as snarky as possible.

The goal was to eliminate a group of hostiles that had barricaded themselves into a building. No survivors necessary. Oralaith provided sniper fire from the east off map, while Raven Set a charge next to the main door. Ryu's mission was to enter from a window, and stealth kill until spotted. Once spotted, he was to bait the enemies into the main room where Raven would breech on ques. Raven also had a charge on one of the east walls to provide clear shooting for Oralaith.

Overall the mission went as planned. Ryu was immediately seen upon entry. He slew his way to the main room, evading gunfire. Oralaith is able to see targets that her teammates can, and so she eliminates targets as well. Then Raven breeches and blasts away with shotguns. Raven scores few kills, but heroically tries to take bullets otherwise destined for Ryu, but the bad guy rolled very poorly. He became very dead. Another bad guy became two half bad guys, courtesy of Oralaith. And one last target was hiding himself in a barricaded bathroom, but he was soon shotgunned.

Mission One Success...

This mission was essentially a system test for the most basic rules, and somehow it works alright.