PDA

View Full Version : Magic item help (dimension door tent)

guildathegray
2016-07-06, 08:20 AM
Okay, so I'm playing a pixie rogue in a leadership campaign, that is pretty much expected to play out as a empire making game between a couple of different paired factions. I have the combined gold of two ECL 6 creatures (As my awakened squired druid is also pooling gold with me). We've already bought two field provisions box and a set of weapons and armor that leave us with roughly 9600 gold left.

Now, we need to be able to conquest and adventure as well as maintain order and keep government in our individual factions. I felt that the best way would be to put the city in the biggest bag of holding (it's literally like 400 squirrels that all weigh roughly 1/8lb p/ squirrel), and then get an bottle of air to maintain the oxygen. That came out to something like 25k gold, and we just don't have the resources starting out.

Now, my allowed content is literally everything. All d20, wizards, and 3rd party materials are totally fair game. Is there any way for me to (as per the example in the title) put some kind of dimension door spell that would allow me to crawl into my tent and have it lead to my city's capital? Would an item of teleportation be easier? I want the cheesiest and most cost effective way to do this!

Love,

G.

Ruethgar
2016-07-06, 08:33 AM
A Portable Hole with a Hole of Hiding in it would work for any non-humanoid civilization(depending on the ruling of what constitutes a "person"). Also, bloodline levels may allow you to take the Landlord feat in E6, as could being an awakened squirrel/cat/lizard/rat and a few others.

Morcleon
2016-07-06, 08:34 AM
An Automatic Reset Magical Trap of psionic teleport (manifested by a psion/elocator) would cost 3*5*500 = 7500 gp for a teleport with range 500 miles and a minimal failure chance. If you want a longer range, just increase the ML. If you want infinite range and/or no failure chance, an ARMT of greater teleport would cost 7*13*500 = 45500 gp, although at that point it would probably be cheaper just to get someone to cast two teleportation circles and make them permanent.

guildathegray
2016-07-06, 08:57 AM
An Automatic Reset Magical Trap of psionic teleport (manifested by a psion/elocator) would cost 3*5*500 = 7500 gp for a teleport with range 500 miles and a minimal failure chance. If you want a longer range, just increase the ML. If you want infinite range and/or no failure chance, an ARMT of greater teleport would cost 7*13*500 = 45500 gp, although at that point it would probably be cheaper just to get someone to cast two teleportation circles and make them permanent.

This one is probably the closest thus far. Like I said, I need to be able to do it for roughly 9k. I also need to be able to swoop 4 people, if at all possible.

khadgar567
2016-07-06, 09:09 AM
Is pathfinder on table cuz you said 3rd party and dreamscared press answers all of your questions in steelforge supplement. There is a item called city in bottle( for easy explanation sake its basicly botteled city of kandor from superman in pathfinder) and comes with leadership feat for city

Morcleon
2016-07-06, 09:19 AM
This one is probably the closest thus far. Like I said, I need to be able to do it for roughly 9k. I also need to be able to swoop 4 people, if at all possible.

The ARMT can carry 2 people per casting (3 people if you increase the cost to 8kgp, and 4 if 9.5kgp), but it also resets each round, so unless you need to have everyone teleport at the same time, you can just wait a round for it to reset.