PDA

View Full Version : 3.PF ring of minor resizing price?

gadren
2016-07-06, 11:28 AM
How much would you guys say a magic item that changes one's height within one's size category would be worth? (For example, it'd allow a human to change his size anywhere between about 4 feet tall to about 7 feet tall, but would not change his size category.)

EDIT: as far as crunch goes, I guess the effect would provide a +2 circumstance bonus to disguise and stealth.

gadren
2016-07-07, 10:15 AM
No input on the price? I was thinking 500 gp.

ShiningStarling
2016-07-08, 04:13 AM
That is a very limited scope... the base price for such an item would be 800 or 1600, depending on how you read it, but seeing as it has such restricted use, I would make it much lower than that. Given that disguise kits and masterwork tools give a +2 bonus for only 50 gold, I would probably put your ring at 300 gold (100 gold for each skill, doubled from the masterwork tool due to stacking bonus, times 1.5 for having 2 different skills that could get bonuses simultaneously)

As for the item itself, I'm not sure about the Stealth bonus, seeing as only the short end gets it. Add a bonus for the tall end, then go with 500 gold for the price (maybe +2 to strength checks and combat maneuver checks?)