PDA

View Full Version : Non-amulets of nat. armor, non-rings of protection, etc.

Willie the Duck
2016-07-06, 02:32 PM
Working within the confines of not just making a custom item, what are the magic items that grant a natural armor bonus, other than the amulet of natural armor? Likewise, what are the deflection bonus items other than a ring of protection? Same question for resistance bonus to saves, bonus to str/dex/con/int/wis/cha, or whatever else you feel like adding.

Partly for ideas for a character's "signature" magic item, partly just for fun.

Troacctid
2016-07-06, 02:47 PM
All of those bonuses have fixed costs and can be added to any item in an appropriate body slot without the need for a custom item. See MIC p234.

Firest Kathon
2016-07-06, 03:05 PM
The Amulet of Natural Armor (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/wondrous-items/a-b/amulet-of-natural-armor) does not grant a natural armor bonus, but rather an enhancement bonus to natural armor.
It seems the only written item besides the amulet is the Runewell Amulet (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/artifacts/minor-artifacts/runewell-amulet) from the Rise of the Runelords adventure path, which is a minor artifact and basically an AoNA with added benefits. An ioun stone may grant an enhancement bonus to natural armor with the right resonant power when placed in a Wayfinder (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/wondrous-items/r-z/wayfinder-standard) (see method 2). There's also Arboreal Armor (http://archivesofnethys.com/MagicArmorDisplay.aspx?ItemName=Arboreal%20Armor), but it only works 10 rounds/day.

For the deflection bonus to AC, there's some (https://www.google.de/search?q=site:d20pfsrd.com+%22deflection+bonus%22+ inurl:%22magic-items%22) more (site:archivesofnethys.com "deflection bonus" inurl:MagicWondrousDisplay) options available.

See the serch queries I linked to find the other items you are looking for.

Willie the Duck
2016-07-07, 06:50 AM
All of those bonuses have fixed costs and can be added to any item in an appropriate body slot without the need for a custom item. See MIC p234.

Working within the confines of not just making a custom item.

I'm looking for pre-made items, not custom ones. It's because I'm looking for the idea of an NPC who's reputation includes their specific known magic items. Easy examples I've already got are the guy with the ring of feather falling who tends to jump off things at the slightest provocation. I've already built a bunch of NPCs around specific feats and PrCs, so I'm looking for more random ideas. It's just for fun.

Edit: but thanks!

Fizban
2016-07-07, 07:31 PM
You should probably specify your exact edition, given that Firest Kathon immediately assumed Pathfinder and said there was nothing. 3.5 has more, first I can think of is the Hair Shirt of Suffering from MiC but there should be at least half a dozen.

Drelua
2016-07-08, 05:46 PM
For ability scores, Cityscape has the Belt of Magnificence, which gives a bonus to all 6 stats. I'm pretty sure the +6 version costs 200k. For save bonuses, I'm pretty sure MIC had a Vest of Resistance, which works just like the cloak.

That's all I can think of, I just play Pathfinder now and Paizo is really stingy with things like this.

Starbuck_II
2016-07-08, 10:30 PM
Crown of the Kobold King 15K: Wearing the crown grants a +2 enhancement bonus to Charisma and a +2 natural armor bonus. You are immune to the frightful presence ability of all dragons. If you are a sorcerer you cast spells at +1 caster level.

Thurbane
2016-07-08, 11:17 PM
Looking at the MIC -

Natural Armor:
Beetle Elixir (+2, temporary)
Belt of Priestly MIght (+1)
Burnoose of 1000 Thorns (+1)
Cloak of Thorns (+2)
Crimson Dragonhide Bracers (+1)
Electric Eel Elixir (+1, temporary)
Hair Shirt of Suffering (+1)
Porcupine Elixir (+1, temporary)
Psychoactive Skin of the Defender (+4)
Rhino Elixir (+3, temporary)

...Deflection Bonus was a bust.

For ability scores, Cityscape has the Belt of Magnificence, which gives a bonus to all 6 stats. I'm pretty sure the +6 version costs 200k. For save bonuses, I'm pretty sure MIC had a Vest of Resistance, which works just like the cloak.

I believe the Belt of Magnificence is actually in the Miniatures Handbook.

Drelua
2016-07-09, 10:33 AM
I believe the Belt of Magnificence is actually in the Miniatures Handbook.

So it is. Weird how I thought it was in a book I don't have when I do have the book it's actually from.

StreamOfTheSky
2016-07-09, 01:08 PM
Looking at the MIC -

Natural Armor:
Beetle Elixir (+2, temporary)
Belt of Priestly MIght (+1)
Burnoose of 1000 Thorns (+1)
Cloak of Thorns (+2)
Crimson Dragonhide Bracers (+1)
Electric Eel Elixir (+1, temporary)
Hair Shirt of Suffering (+1)
Porcupine Elixir (+1, temporary)
Psychoactive Skin of the Defender (+4)
Rhino Elixir (+3, temporary)

...Deflection Bonus was a bust.

Ghost Shroud (body / armor slot) gives deflection bonus to AC along with making all melee attacks ghost touch, and is in MIC for 5000 gp, iirc.
Drow of the Underdark has Shadow Cloak in the shoulders/cloak slot for 5500 gp. It gives deflection AC and a 3/day immediate action 10 ft teleport.

Both are really good items for the price, especially the latter.