PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Magmagore a race for 5th edition.i need some feedback

Sariel Vailo
2016-07-06, 08:43 PM
Magmagores:
”an elemental race rarely seen, but a strong friend of dwarves in ancient times Strong willed bad tempers good allies in battle.” Samid the Barrier.

Jagged skin rocky attitudes and fearsome in battle. This race of people have a skin like steel and blood of flame. They have no monastic tradition and have little patience for waiting

They engage in nigh unending civil wars for the title of magma lord and right to lead their people.
There was legend long ago of a great and powerful magma lord who was lost to the ages whether or not he truly existed even they do not know but he has become a standard of their greatness.

The magmagore as a race have domesticated a rare yet infantile stage of a living strange rocky beast that resembles a rhino some claim that it changes into a strange lion looking creature (think kraggon from borderland’s the pre sequel)

Magmagore Traits
Ability Score Increase. +2 strength
Size. Megmagores range in size based on their sub races.
Forge trained. smith’s tools
Dark vision. 25 feet.
Rock Form. Immunity against poison.
Languages. You speak common and either ignan or terraan.
Sub races. choose one of the following subraces.

Metal
this magmaloid is born with a more metallic nature.
Ability scores. +1 Wis.
[B]

heated body 1d 10at higher levels increase at 5 to 2d10
10 3d10 at15 4d10 at 20 5d10 [/.B]
Size. Metal average between six and seven ft. Your size is Medium.

Terron
This magamaloid is born with a stronger affinity towards earth.
Ability score increase: +1 con.
Size. Terron range from 7ft to 8 ft. Your size is Medium.
[B] stones endurance

Fire
This magmagore is born with a strong affinity for fire.
[B]Ability score increase. Intelligence +2.
Size. Fire size average between five to 6 feet. Your size is Medium.[B][B] Heated weapon 1d6 increase damage every 6 levels (6.12,18)

JNAProductions
2016-07-06, 09:55 PM
Right, two things: One, this is formatted horribly. I can barely understand it.

Two, if I do understand it, you're handing out class features like candy. Overpowered.

Sariel Vailo
2016-07-06, 10:08 PM
Right, two things: One, this is formatted horribly. I can barely understand it.

Two, if I do understand it, you're handing out class features like candy. Overpowered.
any ideas how to make it less overpowered

JNAProductions
2016-07-06, 10:11 PM
Step one: Format it better so I can actually understand it.

Sariel Vailo
2016-07-06, 10:21 PM
Step one: Format it better so I can actually understand it.

ill try my best

Final Hyena
2016-07-07, 04:01 AM
Why is there a very slightly modified fighter class in there, twice?
Edit; I can see why, might I suggest making an archetype rather than changing the base class.
here is a neater version, it is not finished and needs fleshing out a bit, but hopefully it'll help you on your way.

Magmagores:
”an elemental race rarely seen, but a strong friend of dwarves in ancient times Strong willed bad tempers good allies in battle.” Samid the Barrier.

Jagged skin rocky attitudes and fearsome in battle. This race of people have a skin like steel and blood of flame. They have no monastic tradition and have little patience for waiting

They engage in nigh unending civil wars for the title of magma lord and right to lead their people.
There was legend long ago of a great and powerful magma lord who was lost to the ages whether or not he truly existed even they do not know but he has become a standard of their greatness.

The magmagore as a race have domesticated a rare yet infantile stage of a living strange rocky beast that resembles a rhino some claim that it changes into a strange lion looking creature (think kraggon from borderland’s the pre sequel)

Megmagore Traits
Dark vision. 25 feet.

Metal
Ability scores. +1 Wis.

Terron

Fire
Ability score increase. Intelligence +1.
Size. Fire size average between five to 6 feet. Your size is Medium.

Sariel Vailo
2016-07-08, 10:38 PM
Why is there a very slightly modified fighter class in there, twice?
Edit; I can see why, might I suggest making an archetype rather than changing the base class.
here is a neater version, it is not finished and needs fleshing out a bit, but hopefully it'll help you on your way.

Magmagores:

Megmagore Traits
Dark vision. 25 feet.

Metal
Ability scores. +1 Wis.

Terron

Fire
Ability score increase. Intelligence +1.
Size. Fire size average between five to 6 feet. Your size is Medium.

so this is more like what me and my friend were imagining but their is some questions i had since you got what we were trying to do.
one thing was to have kind of like a magneto like style where youre weapons can return to your hand without magic.

Final Hyena
2016-07-09, 04:20 AM
so this is more like what me and my friend were imagining but their is some questions i had since you got what we were trying to do.
one thing was to have kind of like a magneto like style where youre weapons can return to your hand without magic.
Mutant powers are magic by another name.
What you essentially want is the ability in the eldritch knight that allows you to bond to an item to withdraw it to your hand.
Maybe have a look into this for a guide. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?485721-Feat-Bond-Weapon&highlight=weapon+bond)

With regard to the race as is, it could use a few more goodies you might want to try adding in the above mentioned ability.

Also strength is an interesting stat, when you pick Metal and get wisdom the combo empowers clerics.
When you pick Terron and get constitution, the combo empowers fighters, barbarians & paladins.
But Fire gives you intelligence that doesn't mesh with strength very well.
This is why I suggest giving Fire a bit more than the others +2 int might be enough.