PDA

View Full Version : Cryptogram help

stewstew5
2016-07-07, 01:06 AM
Can someone please give me a destroyed-gold-haley translation legend, with first letter being regular and second being gibberish? Exe.

T=A

Etc.

Ruck
2016-07-07, 01:32 AM
The greatest gifts we receive are those we give ourselves, like when we buy a copy of No Cure for the Paladin Blues and War and XPs because the cryptogram translations are in there.

factotum
2016-07-07, 02:38 AM
Also, I don't think the same key was used in every strip, so just saying T=A or whatever wouldn't work for all Haley's cryptograms.

mouser9169
2016-07-07, 02:54 AM
The greatest gifts we receive are those we give ourselves, like when we buy a copy of No Cure for the Paladin Blues and War and XPs because the cryptogram translations are in there.

That's good to know, although it does take the fun out of figuring them out.

Elkins
2016-07-07, 03:50 AM
It's a different substitution cipher each strip. If you enjoy figuring out substitution ciphers, this represents much fun to be had! If that's not an exercise you enjoy, however (as I assume it's not, since you're asking for a key), there is a thread somewhere in the archives of this forum that lists all the translations. I think the thread title was something like "What Haley Said." Something along those lines, anyway. It shouldn't be too hard to find with a search.

littlebum2002
2016-07-07, 08:43 AM
I feel bad doing this, because you REALLY should buy the books which contain these translations and plenty other goodies (and just came out on PDF!!) but...

What Haley said (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?4909-What-Haley-Said-Compilation)

Goosefarble
2016-07-12, 08:54 AM
Yes, each strip with Haley speaking has a different system where the letters mean different things. Several people on the forum have also taken it upon themselves to either work out or post the solutions over the years.