PDA

View Full Version : CoS spoiler.... I got 1 week to plan a hiest in "his" castle

djreynolds
2016-07-07, 03:57 AM
All right SPOLIERS AHEAD.....

We are 7th level and unfortunately or fortunately we have a large party that grows and shrinks

We have me a Hill dwarf Life Cleric
A 4th level Warlock Undying/2 level knowledge cleric/1 level mind reader mystic tiefling variant
a 7th level bladesinger, Eladrin
a 7th level hunter ranger
a 6th level sorcerer/1 wizard
a 5th totem barbarian/1 bard
a 7th lore bard
a 7th level mystic warrior

and maybe some hanger ons... don't worry our DM makes sure to up the CR in return for his grey hairs... plenty of combat awaiting us.

Our plan, a smash and grab of the silver dragon skull in Strahd's castle.

Why, because people in my party do not read this forum and now I'm involved in making insane choices. I got one week to prepare.

We lack any real stealth assets, no rogue, our lore bard is a talker... we do have a ranger and bladesinger who can stealth but we foresee severe resistance in the heist, so we have determined to take in the whole party. Could be a blood bath, and since undead do not bleed, our own...

As the only person in heavy armor I was actually looking forward to sitting this one out and just hanging around the main gate smoking a cigarette in the get away wagon we stole from the vampire hunter (he left it)... instead I may have to squeeze my plump dwarven body into a black leotard as we did on the last heist of the wedding gown.

We do not have access to dimension door spell. And spell scrolls are very tough to come by in Borovia.

So our plan includes getting into the castle, which we are figuring he might just let us in, because well... he's evil. Getting out is the problem. So our plan is to conserve all resources, casting tensor's floating disk which lasts an hour by ritual outside and hopefully finding the skull with the map that Vistani chick gave us... she won't help us we've asked... and having the wizard with a standby tensor's floating disk prepared and my plump butt if need be casting bull's strength and using his dwarven good looks to haul the skull. We are estimating it to weigh around 500lbs. The barbarian will be doing the real heavy lifting with his magic spear.

Should I even bother with the leotard? Just wear chain as Strahd must know we are in there.

Should we split the party and just use the stealthy types? Our ranger does have pass without a trace, our wizard has greater invisibility and that magic tarp

Should we go in and have the non-stealthers create a diversion?

Our DM will make sure to increase the CR and numbers accordingly... he is a stickler for character sheet trophies.

What spell assortment do you recommend? Mostly as the cleric.

We do have the white-bone undead shield and the amulet from the Abbot and the barbarian blood spear and that magic tarp.