PDA

View Full Version : Mystique or at least Melisandra

Falcii
2016-07-07, 06:47 AM
I'm looking for a way to conceal my characters age long term. I need her to be quite aged for stat reasons but having her be vain and youth obsessed suits her character much more. Is there a relatively cheap way to give the ability to change her appearance at will? Or at least to get one that suits her rather than old lady face. (Items preferred, prcs and feats are kindof starved)

Willie the Duck
2016-07-07, 06:52 AM
Hat of Disguise (possibly reslotted for the neck slot)?

schreier
2016-07-07, 07:02 AM
Could go Druid, which gets timeless body

Even without getting to that level, I think if you get wild shape (through druid, wild shape ranger, wild monk, or divine minion template) and take master of many forms level 1 (humanoid) - that would work too

oops - prestige class starved :) Sorry ...

Hat of disguise is the easiest answer, as above.

Falcii
2016-07-07, 07:06 AM
Hat of Disguise (possibly reslotted for the neck slot)?
I was hoping for something in 1.) A less vital slot (my dm would kill me before a reslot went over) and 2.) that could help shore up the negative effects of aging.

Psyren
2016-07-07, 08:04 AM
Pathfinder has Youthful Appearance (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/y/youthful-appearance) (for looks) and Age Resistance (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/a/age-resistance) (for stats.) Notably, both are Witch spells.

Barstro
2016-07-07, 08:46 AM
I need her to be quite aged for stat reasons but having her be vain and youth obsessed suits her character much more.

I was hoping for something... that could help shore up the negative effects of aging.

So, you want the benefits of age without the downsides? I'd throw the book at you too. :)

Along with the hat and spells that Psyren mentioned, Pathfinder also has Threefold Aspect (http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/advancedPlayersGuide/spells/threefoldAspect.html) (Witch, again), that may do what you require.

schreier
2016-07-07, 09:32 AM
If you have a feat available - there is the Wedded to History (Dragon Magazine) that can be used, with DM agreement, to give you the ageless trait

There's also the whole mundane makeup option

Gildedragon
2016-07-07, 09:45 AM
There's the Kissed by The Ages spell

Inevitability
2016-07-07, 09:50 AM
Be a changeling, perhaps?

Also, you could create a custom item of Disguise Self fitted to a slot you like.

Willie the Duck
2016-07-07, 10:26 AM
What are your constraints? Do you already have your race/class selected? If not, there's a well known kobold build which gains the benefits of age without the penalties. Likewise, any illusionist-type in the world can fix the appearance issue.

No, I don't think there's anything printed that is exactly like the hat of disguise except a different slot. That doesn't sound like the kind of thing they would waste page space on (even in a splat). Can you tell us which slots you have open?

Telonius
2016-07-07, 11:26 AM
There's the Gray Portrait from Champions of Ruin. (Take-off on the Picture of Dorian Gray). Unfortunately it's an Artifact.

Inevitability
2016-07-07, 11:59 AM
There's the Gray Portrait from Champions of Ruin. (Take-off on the Picture of Dorian Gray). Unfortunately it's an Artifact.

Unfortunately? You can just grab it from a spell component pouch now!

mabriss lethe
2016-07-07, 02:34 PM
Elam could also work if race isn't locked down