PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Not All Forms of Enlightenment Are Worth Following [Monk Subclass]

Amechra
2016-07-07, 10:05 AM
Way of the Mother's Bounty [Monk Subclass]

This rare style is considered to be both a joke and a cautionary tale - not all paths of enlightenment are really worth following. While, yes, this style does allow the practitioner to benefit from the fabled chainmail bikini, but would you really want to? Most people have this thing called "dignity", you know.

Still, for those that have learned these methods, they do offer a certain amount of leverage. Also, having a body that looks that good at 60 is enough for others.

Special - Due to the nature of this subclass, it can only be followed by creatures that possesses a body that's pretty similar to a female humanoid. So nymphs and silver dragons in human form are OK, beholders and the tarrasque are not.

3 - Perfect Perkiness:
Whenever an effect would knock you Prone or move you against your will, you may take a Reaction to prevent it from doing so; this does not work against teleportation and similar effects. Your breasts are always perky and firm, and you gain a cup size.

3 - Diamond Corset:
You may add your Wisdom modifier to your Constitution modifier for the purposes of suffocating. In addition, you never suffer Disadvantage due to your chest size, and can fit yourself into armor or clothing that doesn't normally have room for your breasts.

6 - Body of a Venus:
As long as you are unarmored, you may pay 2 Ki as an action to jiggle fetchingly. Any creature within 30ft that can see you must make a Wisdom save - on a failure, they are Enticed for one minute. Creatures who are not sexually interested in humanoid women have Advantage on their save; creature immune to Charm or which lack a sexuality altogether are immune. Once you have used Body of a Venus, you may not use it again until you have taken a short or long rest.
As a side effect, you gain a cup size.

11 - Spheres of Heaven:
Whenever you spend Ki to use Patient Defense or Step of the Wind, you gain the benefit of the other for no additional cost - your mastery of your weight has its benefits. In addition, creatures that you grapple cannot speak, breathe, or make bite attacks, and are not considered to have held their breath beforehand.

17 - Archetypal Bombshell:
Whenever you use Body of a Venus, you may spend additional Ki on a one-for-one basis to add effects from the following list:
• Creatures who fail their saves are Enticed for one hour.
• Creatures have Disadvantage on their save.
• Creatures who fail their saves are Charmed for one minute.
• Creatures Enticed by you must end their turn closer to you than they were at the start of it.
Regardless of what option you add, female humanoids who fail their save suffer from an indefinite insanity, gaining "I feel insecure about my chest size" as an additional Flaw. Once you have used Archetypal Bombshell, you may not use it again until you have taken a long rest.

=---=

Enticed
• An enticed creature has disadvantage on ability checks and attack rolls while the source of its enticement is within line of sight.
• An enticed creature can't willingly move away from, or break line of sight with, the source of its enticement.

While this is a joke, I kinda want some feedback on the 6th and 11th level features especially. They might be a bit too weak, all things considered.

Final Hyena
2016-07-07, 10:26 AM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_gNYOrmpnpFY/TLy1ltPLIDI/AAAAAAAAAG4/6-H6qhEKxOM/s320/big_black+man+boobs.jpg

P.S.
The frequency of players saying; "I need to rest my breasts." Has just skyrocketed.

Amechra
2016-07-07, 10:29 AM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_gNYOrmpnpFY/TLy1ltPLIDI/AAAAAAAAAG4/6-H6qhEKxOM/s320/big_black+man+boobs.jpg

Yes.

Pretty much yes.

Final Hyena
2016-07-07, 10:37 AM
Yes.

Pretty much yes.
I feel like you said yes, but had to clarify after seeing the picture. :smallbiggrin:

While this is a joke, I kinda want some feedback on the 6th and 11th level features especially. They might be a bit too weak, all things considered.
I think the 6th is fine, it's much like the death monks hour of reaping, a weaker affect but longer duration.
The 11th level feature on the other hand is likely too weak, unless the campaign has plenty of casters.
3rd level could also use a lil bit more. Milk Cannons?... I'll see myself out.

Amechra
2016-07-07, 10:45 AM
I think the 6th is fine, it's much like the death monks hour of reaping, a weaker affect but longer duration.
The 11th level feature on the other hand is likely too weak, unless the campaign has plenty of casters.
3rd level could also use a lil bit more. Milk Cannons?... I'll see myself out.

Oops, I meant to ask about the 17th level feature.

As for the 11th level feature, I was thinking that getting off Patient Defense and Step of the Wind as one action for 1 Ki is the main benefit. The grapple thing is gravy. Dodge + Dash as a bonus action is pretty decent, last time I checked.

And no milk cannons - this is treading on thin ice as it is!

JNAProductions
2016-07-07, 01:52 PM
This is dumb, and stupid, and dumb, and absolutely hilarious! I love it! :P

Also seems pretty balanced, so good job, Amechra!

2016-07-07, 01:57 PM
You know, it hadn't occurred to me to give my players disadvantage due to bust size, but if I allowed this class in a game I ran, I would insist upon doing so. The fact that you get +4 cup sizes from this class in total is just icing on the cake.

Boobie monk, away!

Amechra
2016-07-07, 02:46 PM
This is dumb, and stupid, and dumb, and absolutely hilarious! I love it! :P

Also seems pretty balanced, so good job, Amechra!

I can't claim the original idea - Mother's Bounty Style is an old joke MA from Exalted, and it breaks down to about 5 levels, so I thought it would be funny to port it over.

And believe me, I put in the "no Disadvantage from your chest" thing in there for a reason. You are going to end up with at least a D-cup, which I understand makes stuff like squeezing through tight passageways hard.

JNAProductions
2016-07-07, 02:53 PM
I can't claim the original idea - Mother's Bounty Style is an old joke MA from Exalted, and it breaks down to about 5 levels, so I thought it would be funny to port it over.

And believe me, I put in the "no Disadvantage from your chest" thing in there for a reason. You are going to end up with at least a D-cup, which I understand makes stuff like squeezing through tight passageways hard.

Well, hats off to you. You ported it well, and I'm sure I'll get great mileage out of this.

Amechra
2016-07-07, 02:56 PM
Thanks! I might try my hand at porting another MA.

Final Hyena
2016-07-07, 03:04 PM
Oops, I meant to ask about the 17th level feature.
It's fine.

As for the 11th level feature, I was thinking that getting off Patient Defense and Step of the Wind as one action for 1 Ki is the main benefit. The grapple thing is gravy. Dodge + Dash as a bonus action is pretty decent, last time I checked.
I have rarely been in a situation where I need to ki dash and those times overlapping with wanting dodge is even rarer.

And no milk cannons - this is treading on thin ice as it is!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4YutyVP7ig&ab_channel=lexyt95Seriously I think level 3 could use a little boost. Allowing unarmed strikes with cleavage?

As someone who used to be very large and from a few voluptuous lady friends I can certainly attest to that. Also running XD

JNAProductions
2016-07-07, 03:06 PM
Seriously I think level 3 could use a little boost. Allowing unarmed strikes with cleavage?

Already allowed. Unarmed strikes can be made with any part of the body.

Final Hyena
2016-07-07, 03:13 PM
How about an alternative action - dizzying boob slap?

Amechra
2016-07-07, 03:21 PM
As a general note, I see this as being a pretty mobile style - you Entice the enemy, and then run, forcing them to follow you.

Some ideas:
• Some small bonus at 3rd level. I'm taking suggestions.
• Creatures that get grappled by you can't breathe - or, at least, they couldn't in the original draft. Should I bring that back?

Final Hyena
2016-07-07, 03:43 PM
As a general note, I see this as being a pretty mobile style - you Entice the enemy, and then run, forcing them to follow you.
Entice currently only stops them from fleeing it doesn't force them to move towards you.

Enticed
• An enticed creature has disadvantage on ability checks and attack rolls while the source of its enticement is within line of sight.
• An enticed creature can't willingly move away from the source of its encitement.
If anything running might risk breaking LOS weakening the affect.

Some ideas:
• Some small bonus at 3rd level. I'm taking suggestions.
• Creatures that get grappled by you can't breathe - or, at least, they couldn't in the original draft. Should I bring that back?
I had a dream about being suffocated by breasts, it was painful, yet soft...
Would grapple as a bonus action 1 ki ability be too good?

Edge
2016-07-07, 03:43 PM
I want to hate this, but I can't find it in me to do so. :smalltongue:

As for another ability idea... spend ki to create a a hammerspace, allowing you to carry more and withdraw objects easily?

Amechra
2016-07-07, 05:44 PM
I'm not a fan of the hammerspace idea for the subclass - it's intended to be comprised of effects that could be passed off as the result of training super-hard. It would go well as a custom Bag of Holding, though.

One thought:
• Throw in suffocation as part of Spheres of Heaven.
• Let Perfect Perkiness block non-teleportation that would move you against your will.
• Add an option to Archetypal Bombshell that forces Entranced creatures to end their turns closer to you than they started.

That way, you have a built in way to "drag" enemies.

LordFluffy
2016-07-08, 02:15 PM
[B][SIZE=4]...beholders and the tarrasque are not.
Unless, you know, that's what you're into.

Amechra
2016-07-08, 03:13 PM
Alright, I edited in the changes (since there weren't any complaints.)

Though I do have to ask - how would even a beholder?

Final Hyena
2016-07-08, 03:27 PM
Unless, you know, that's what you're into.
WHO TOLD YOU!?

how would even a beholder?
I can always beholdher.
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_makepcSVmp1rdtszko1_1280.jpg

UristMcRandom
2016-07-09, 12:13 AM
I'm not even sure where to begin on actually critiquing this, but it's definitely hilarious.

Alright, I edited in the changes (since there weren't any complaints.)

Though I do have to ask - how would even a beholder?

Jiggle its eyeballs seductively, duh. :smalltongue:

Sariel Vailo
2016-08-14, 09:57 PM
Way of the Mother's Bounty [Monk Subclass]

This rare style is considered to be both a joke and a cautionary tale - not all paths of enlightenment are really worth following. While, yes, this style does allow the practitioner to benefit from the fabled chainmail bikini, but would you really want to? Most people have this thing called "dignity", you know.

Still, for those that have learned these methods, they do offer a certain amount of leverage. Also, having a body that looks that good at 60 is enough for others.

Special - Due to the nature of this subclass, it can only be followed by creatures that possesses a body that's pretty similar to a female humanoid. So nymphs and silver dragons in human form are OK, beholders and the tarrasque are not.

3 - Perfect Perkiness:
Whenever an effect would knock you Prone or move you against your will, you may take a Reaction to prevent it from doing so; this does not work against teleportation and similar effects. Your breasts are always perky and firm, and you gain a cup size.

3 - Diamond Corset:
You may add your Wisdom modifier to your Constitution modifier for the purposes of suffocating. In addition, you never suffer Disadvantage due to your chest size, and can fit yourself into armor or clothing that doesn't normally have room for your breasts.

6 - Body of a Venus:
As long as you are unarmored, you may pay 2 Ki as an action to jiggle fetchingly. Any creature within 30ft that can see you must make a Wisdom save - on a failure, they are Enticed for one minute. Creatures who are not sexually interested in humanoid women have Advantage on their save; creature immune to Charm or which lack a sexuality altogether are immune. Once you have used Body of a Venus, you may not use it again until you have taken a short or long rest.

11 - Spheres of Heaven:
Whenever you spend Ki to use Patient Defense or Step of the Wind, you gain the benefit of the other for no additional cost - your mastery of your weight has its benefits. In addition, creatures that you grapple cannot speak, breathe, or make bite attacks, and are not considered to have held their breath beforehand.

17 - Archetypal Bombshell:
Whenever you use Body of a Venus, you may spend additional Ki on a one-for-one basis to add effects from the following list:
• Creatures who fail their saves are Enticed for one hour.
• Creatures have Disadvantage on their save.
• Creatures who fail their saves are Charmed for one minute.
• Creatures Enticed by you must end their turn closer to you than they were at the start of it.
Regardless of what option you add, female humanoids who fail their save suffer from an indefinite insanity, gaining "I feel insecure about my chest size" as an additional Flaw. Once you have used Archetypal Bombshell, you may not use it again until you have taken a long rest.

=---=

Enticed
• An enticed creature can't willingly move away from the source of its encitement.

Busty monk sweet can you make a busty fighter archetype or just busty base classes please I'm loving this. I wonder if I can make a guy cream do hard he dies

DracoKnight
2016-08-15, 04:06 PM
This...is absolutely AMAZING xD

Sariel Vailo
2016-12-20, 08:02 AM
this thread aint dead yet im showin more people.as manny as i can

Mith
2016-12-20, 09:37 AM
Entice currently only stops them from fleeing it doesn't force them to move towards you.

If anything running might risk breaking LOS weakening the affect.

If you compelled them to maintain LOS, this would make for a good way to break up enemy warbands.

Amechra
2016-12-20, 11:29 PM
If you compelled them to maintain LOS, this would make for a good way to break up enemy warbands.

I liked the idea enough that it's a default part of Enticed now.

It makes sense, really.

Mith
2016-12-21, 12:09 AM
You seduce them around a corner out of site and then crack their skulls! (http://satwcomic.com/iron-lady)

Sariel Vailo
2016-12-21, 11:50 AM
so i have to walk towards them can i get a move where i might be able to beckon oneto follow me. also this archetype is the perfect werewolf and vampire hunter

khadgar567
2016-12-21, 12:32 PM
so i have to walk towards them can i get a move where i might be able to beckon oneto follow me. also this archetype is the perfect werewolf and vampire hunter
nani? can you explain mate.

Sariel Vailo
2016-12-22, 02:54 AM
nani? can you explain mate.

this ability specificallly

11 - Spheres of Heaven:

khadgar567
2016-12-22, 02:58 AM
this ability specificallly

11 - Spheres of Heaven:
thanks mate