PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Ed DND 3.5 PLEASE.....Help with Gestalt Cleric build for a High Power Campaign.

Petelo4f
2016-07-07, 10:34 AM
So I am going to start playing in a relatively High-Power Gestalt campaign, most things are allowed other than campaign specific material from a campaign other than greyhawk, and am trying to get the most bang for my buck out of my character build, while not stepping on the toes of the other characters. Anyway here is the build I am working with, it is a level 5 build and I do plan to take it to 20, but right now, this is the level we are starting at so ::shrug::. I plan on taking the Divine Oracle and Contemplative Prestige classes.

Anyway, here is my stats as rolled
Str 14
Con 14 (16 w/human paragon)
Dex 12
Int 9
Wis 17 (18 with lvl stat boost)
Cha 15

Lvl 1 Cloistered Cleric-Human Paragon
Lvl 2 Human Paragon-Fighter
Lvl 3 Human Paragon-Crusader
lvl 4 cloistered cleric-crusader
lvl 5 cloistered cleric-crusader

Alignment-LN
Rebuke/Inflict

Domains Undeath, PLanning, Knowledge(Swapped for devotion feat)
Flaws-Vulnerable, Shaky

Feats
Extend spell(planning domain), Extra Turning(undeath domain), Knowledge Devotion, Persist Spell (1st lvl), Divine Metamagic: Persist Spell(Human), Extra Turning(flaw 1), Tomb-Tainted Soul (flaw 2), Combat Reflexes (Fighter), Skill Focus:Knowledge-Religion (Human Paragon), Extra Granted Manuever(lvl 3)

I have a decent idea of manuevers, and I know in order to get lvl 8 stances without a feat you need to take 2 levels of something other than crusader. Does anyone have better feat choices, other than Tomb-Tainted Soul, it is part of the character concept, so I would rather not change that out, what should my lvl 6 feat be? Should I bother with the human paragon or is CC-Fighter for the first 2 levels than CC-Crusader for the next three better? Anyway, any advice is helpful...thanks.

I should note our party composition, there are a total of 4 players....a druid who is likely going druid-ranger, a wizard-factotum, a binder-something and myself.

Gildedragon
2016-07-07, 11:20 AM
If dragon magazine is allowed:
Flaws:
Honorable Challenge and Weapon Bound (which is obviated by the later levels in martial classes)

Petelo4f
2016-07-07, 12:51 PM
If dragon magazine is allowed:
Flaws:
Honorable Challenge and Weapon Bound (which is obviated by the later levels in martial classes)

Honorable Challenge looks good, especially as a substitute for Vulnerable. Weapon Bound however, I know my DM would rule that it means I simply don't have proficiency in any weapons other than my deities favored weapon, period.

Gildedragon
2016-07-07, 02:21 PM
Honorable Challenge looks good, especially as a substitute for Vulnerable. Weapon Bound however, I know my DM would rule that it means I simply don't have proficiency in any weapons other than my deities favored weapon, period.

Perhaps the haunted flaw, then? It feels thematic for the tomb-tainted soul feat, and with good wisdom the penalty to your perception skills isn't too terrible.

If looking for extra class levels: maybe a 1-dip in binder: if the green lady vestige is allowed she gives you a lot of turning power

Or go then into KoSS to advance the martial side and learn to bind Tenebrous