PDA

View Full Version : How to get into Mycelia?

Scathain
2016-07-07, 01:24 PM
On another thread I have been discussing possible deities for a necrobotanist, and in my search I came across Psilofyr, the deity of the mushroom people known as Myconids. Now, though I don't know if I'd ever get the chance to visit his realm in game, I stumbled upon this conundrum on the wiki:

"Mycelia can only be found by those not seeking it; those who comprehend this paradox are ready for the realm of Psilofyr."

Clearly I'm not ready for his realm, as I'm thoroughly stumped. So here I am, asking what would you do?

SirBellias
2016-07-07, 02:44 PM
Well, getting thoroughly lost and looking for a way out may have to do with it. A test of conviction, perhaps? If you want to go there bad enough that you end up so lost that your only hope is to spend all your effort getting out of this mess you've made, you will end up there after all. Here is me assuming it is underground, for some reason.

Sneak Dog
2016-07-07, 03:15 PM
Seems to me that it's a "don't search for it, follow *insert deity or ideal* as best as you can and it will come to you" kind of deal.

Like a person shouldn't act good for the sake of going to heaven, but for the sake of being/acting good.
(You may replace good/heaven with other appropriate morality/reward systems, like evil and hell. You may also defeat the point with it though.)

OldTrees1
2016-07-07, 03:40 PM
Sneakydog is correct it is your standard:

The reward is not given to those that seek it for its own sake. To earn the reward you must do the earning for its own sake rather than for the reward. Only then will you get the reward. Though, in truth, those that get the reward would see what they did that earned the reward as the true reward.

RazorChain
2016-07-07, 05:03 PM
Well, getting thoroughly lost and looking for a way out may have to do with it. A test of conviction, perhaps? If you want to go there bad enough that you end up so lost that your only hope is to spend all your effort getting out of this mess you've made, you will end up there after all. Here is me assuming it is underground, for some reason.

I like that....it's like flying. When you fall and completely miss the ground!!!

SethoMarkus
2016-07-07, 06:02 PM
I like that....it's like flying. When you fall and completely miss the ground!!!

Or like when you trip but get distracted and forget to fall.

goto124
2016-07-07, 09:52 PM
Talk to the GM about it. This is a really confusing situation where trying to get there results in not getting there, but pretending to not be trying to get there may not work either simply because the GM doesn't know you want to get there... wait what?!