PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Sorcerer Wordcasting and the Psychic Bloodline

Xuldarinar
2016-07-07, 03:00 PM
What I have to ask is a matter of components. Would a sorcerer wordcaster possessing the Psychic bloodline have Somatic and Verbal (because wordspells explicitly possess those components) or Emotion and Thought (because those are the psychic equivalent)?

I was contemplating psychic wordcasting and thats the the first official version of it to come to mind.

NightbringerGGZ
2016-07-07, 03:20 PM
Wordcasting hasn't been touched since the system was released years ago. Its incomplete and less powerful than standard spell casting. If you opt to use it with newer feature then you and your GM will have to come up with house rules to handle any issues that crop up.

Psyren
2016-07-07, 08:11 PM
What I have to ask is a matter of components. Would a sorcerer wordcaster possessing the Psychic bloodline have Somatic and Verbal (because wordspells explicitly possess those components) or Emotion and Thought (because those are the psychic equivalent)?

I was contemplating psychic wordcasting and thats the the first official version of it to come to mind.

It says they're assumed to possess those components. It's not required, as the "Quiet" and "Simple" Meta Words might suggest, i.e. they can be silenced and stilled. So if V and S aren't required for the system to function, you should have no problem replacing those with T and E.