PDA

View Full Version : Rules Q&A Mighty arms Questions

Lloyd-Starbuck
2016-07-08, 08:02 AM
Hi everyone. I was looking through faiths of Eberron and came across the mighty arms (pg.158) construct graft and i have a couple of questions about it.

1. since its grants a slam attack can you enchant it.
2. if you can enchant it, can you apply magical enchantments.
3. this might sound weird but is it possible to make it a item familiar.

Necroticplague
2016-07-08, 08:29 AM
Hi everyone. I was looking through faiths of Eberron and came across the mighty arms (pg.158) construct graft and i have a couple of questions about it.

1. since its grants a slam attack can you enchant it.
2. if you can enchant it, can you apply magical enchantments.
3. this might sound weird but is it possible to make it a item familiar.

1.No. It grants a slam attack, but it's not a weapon, so you can't enchant it like a weapon.
2.N/A.
3. No. A graft is not a magic item, it's simply a permanent modification to your character, just like the stat point from levelling up. To quote Faiths of Eberron itself:

A graft is not a magic item It does not radiate magic once completed (though a graft may require the casting of specific spells as part of the construction process), and it does not take up a body slot like a magic item would. A graft can't be suppressed with dispel magic, nor is it affected by an antimagic field or similar effect.

Lloyd-Starbuck
2016-07-08, 08:44 AM
1.No. It grants a slam attack, but it's not a weapon, so you can't enchant it like a weapon.
2.N/A.
3. No. A graft is not a magic item, it's simply a permanent modification to your character, just like the stat point from levelling up. To quote Faiths of Eberron itself:

yeah i totally overlooked it not being a weapon, but is there anyway to make it magical with feats, items, or ability's. it might not be possible but it would be cool to have a metal arm that was my familiar and could communicate with me.

Darrin
2016-07-08, 09:44 AM
yeah i totally overlooked it not being a weapon, but is there anyway to make it magical with feats, items, or ability's. it might not be possible but it would be cool to have a metal arm that was my familiar and could communicate with me.

You can mount a battle fist on it, which is already a +1 magic weapon. You can add enhancements on that.

Necklace of Natural Weapons/Attacks (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/fc/20060707a) can be used to add enhancements to your slam.