PDA

View Full Version : Watching anime fights on youtube (sucks)

Traab
2016-07-08, 11:35 AM
Ugh, I dont know if this is a recent thing, but lately it seems like I cant watch half the fights anymore. As my most recent example, I type in fma brotherhood final fight. Easy enough right? So it brings up dozens of responses, sweet! Oh wait, AMV, AMV, Yo check out my first AMV, AMV, AMV not labeled as such, AMV. Interspersed with whopping 1:30 long segments of the battle, almost entirely at the scene where he talks to truth. The odd thing is, im also seeing a massive list of all the different homunculous fights and deaths, but for whatever reason this battle I cant see.

Then you get Naruto. Half the battles listed on youtube are actually scenes from the freaking video games and not labeled as such. The other half ARE labeled as game battles. /head desk. I know there are copyright issues but I swear its like they have cracked down REALLY HARD on anime lately. But hey, at least I can still watch the ichigo/aizen fight from bleach for the millionth time.

Lethologica
2016-07-08, 01:14 PM
I find that watching these fights on YouTube sucks because I'd rather watch the scene with all its context. YMMV. (Of course, watching One Punch Man clips was what convinced me to actually watch the show, so MMMV, too.)

Traab
2016-07-08, 03:32 PM
I find that watching these fights on YouTube sucks because I'd rather watch the scene with all its context. YMMV. (Of course, watching One Punch Man clips was what convinced me to actually watch the show, so MMMV, too.)

The thing is, while I dont mind context, I do mind a 18 minute long ninja battle transforming into a 2 hour long exposition fest as after every 5 shots they start having flashbacks or conversations with each other. No, just let me watch Gai go 8 gates on madera and have one of the most legendary ninja to ever exist acknowledge him as a supreme taijutsu master just before getting his ribs atomized and shoved out his anus with a kick that bends space/time. I dont think thats asking for too much. :smallbiggrin:

Or to highlight where im at right now. I really dont give a rats rear end what everyone is seeing in their infinite tsukiyomi. I want to see the good guys break out and start melting faces! However literally every link that covers things that happen next is some stupid ninja storm game "lets play" setup. I dont want to watch video game naruto beat up video game kaguya. I want to see it happen in the tv series!

Rodin
2016-07-08, 06:20 PM
The thing is, while I dont mind context, I do mind a 18 minute long ninja battle transforming into a 2 hour long exposition fest as after every 5 shots they start having flashbacks or conversations with each other. No, just let me watch Gai go 8 gates on madera and have one of the most legendary ninja to ever exist acknowledge him as a supreme taijutsu master just before getting his ribs atomized and shoved out his anus with a kick that bends space/time. I dont think thats asking for too much. :smallbiggrin:

Or to highlight where im at right now. I really dont give a rats rear end what everyone is seeing in their infinite tsukiyomi. I want to see the good guys break out and start melting faces! However literally every link that covers things that happen next is some stupid ninja storm game "lets play" setup. I dont want to watch video game naruto beat up video game kaguya. I want to see it happen in the tv series!

Well, you can't see that last because not all that much has really happened yet. They dove into another 20 episodes of "before the dawn of time" filler.

And yeah, it's frustrating when you want to just see a fight. I can't really be mad in this case though - it is legitimately copyright infringement, and they want you to watch the whole show rather than just skip to the fight and they want you to be paying for the subscription or sitting through the commercials online.

Velaryon
2016-07-08, 07:34 PM
Sometimes I run into this same thing when looking up wrestling matches on Youtube - I will find clips of the video games instead. The real jerks are the ones who use a thumbnail of the actual match to sucker in extra views.

HMS Invincible
2016-07-09, 11:48 AM
Is crunchy roll with TV tropes to aid you not a thing? I find those two help me find all the good scenes.