PDA

View Full Version : Chuck in D&D (Spoilers for Chuck)

Hawkflight
2016-07-09, 12:42 AM
Okay, first off, I looked around the forums for one of those "building X character in Y system" threads, and I couldn't find one. If one exists, please feel free to point me towards it, and I will direct my question there.

Now, that said. Chuck is a TV show about a hapless tech worker who gets an entire database of classified CIA knowledge downloaded into his head, so that when he sees someone or something in the database, he "flashes", gaining all the knowledge in this top-secret database on the person or thing. Later, he gains the ability to gain skills from flashing as well, such as martial arts, swordfighting, zip-lining, brain surgery, etcetera, and these skills help him maintain his cover identity. I was wondering if anyone here knew how to replicate this ability in D&D 5e?

zeek0
2016-07-09, 01:03 AM
Start as a level one fighter or monk.

Flavor your abilities as 'knowledge gained from contact with the great cosmic machine'.

Hawkflight
2016-07-09, 01:24 AM
Start as a level one fighter or monk.

Flavor your abilities as 'knowledge gained from contact with the great cosmic machine'.

The thing is, one, that doesn't account for the skills and knowledge on people and items that Chuck can get, and two, his knowledge is temporary, not permanent.

ClintACK
2016-07-09, 02:47 AM
Knowledge Cleric.

2nd level Channel Divinity power -- as an action choose any skill or tool and gain proficiency in it for 10 minutes.

Very Chuck.