PDA

View Full Version : Ghost Summoner?

Tvtyrant
2016-07-09, 02:06 PM
I am working on a character concept for a family which deliberately haunts itself so that each member is protected by their ancestors. My character would be the current scion of the house, but I don't know how to summon ghosts.

Is there a way to summon/control ghosts? How about make them? If there isn't I can always just play a caster who uses invisible servant, unseen servant horde and later summon shadows and wraiths for combat but I would like to know if actual ghost summoning can be done.

Inevitability
2016-07-09, 02:37 PM
Ghostwalk's Persuade to Manifest spell can cause a dead creature to return as a ghost.

You could also refluff some of the higher-level Summon Undead spells as ghost-summoning. The Allip and Shadow in particular work well here.

Tvtyrant
2016-07-09, 02:40 PM
It just occurred to me that I can play as a ghost and then take a human cohort to roleplay as. The ghost is supposed to be stronger than the human after all.

Persuade to Manifest is a nice spell, I have never come across that before.

Gildedragon
2016-07-09, 02:56 PM
You could fluff binders as using family spirits
Or incarnum users as manifesting ectoplasm and being powered by the ghosts

Anthrowhale
2016-07-09, 03:04 PM
Invisible Spell Summon Monster I?

Kelb_Panthera
2016-07-09, 03:07 PM
Ghosts are spirit creatures. As such, they can be called with the spirit binding and spirit ally spells. Wu-jen and Shaman spell lists, respectively.

Bohandas
2016-07-09, 03:11 PM
IIRC the Pale Master PrC specializes in summoning incorporeal undead

Firest Kathon
2016-07-09, 04:21 PM
The Pathfinder Spiritualist (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/occult-adventures/occult-classes/spiritualist) has a phantom, a spirit which accompanies her and can either be in her mind, incorporeal or fully manifested. That seems to match your character concept quite well (see also the Geist Channeler (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/occult-adventures/occult-classes/spiritualist/archetypes/paizo-llc---spiritualist-archetypes/geist-channeler-spiritualist-archetype) and Haunted (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/occult-adventures/occult-classes/spiritualist/archetypes/paizo-llc---spiritualist-archetypes/haunted-spiritualist-archetype) archetypes), maybe you can backport the class.

Norin
2016-07-09, 05:00 PM
IIRC the Pale Master PrC specializes in summoning incorporeal undead

Master of Shrouds, it is. :smallsmile:

Ruethgar
2016-07-09, 05:14 PM
Also, Leadership, Undead Leadership and Undead Leadership can get you access to ghosts. Use the class not the template so you can fill in the level 3+ slots with ghosts that are all useful(CL 12 Telekinesis is always good) for level 1 and 2, have normal creatures of your race with Elemental Familiar cast in them for Air. Not terribly potent and I'm sure others can suggest something else for the lvl 1&2, but that was just the first thought.

Tvtyrant
2016-07-09, 05:17 PM
I particularly like the invisible summon monsters and master of shrouds, so I will probably go with that. Make my character a Cloistered Cleric and treat him as a bit of a wimp.

ShurikVch
2016-07-09, 05:49 PM
Spiritcaller - 3rd party PrC (Encyclopaedia Arcane - Conjuration) at 3rd level get ability to summon or call ghostly versions of creatures; those ghosts will got only one ghostly power - Manifestation; it's work for any non-Elemental - even if that creature is illegal for Ghost template

Bohandas
2016-07-10, 02:16 AM
Master of Shrouds, it is. :smallsmile:

Dang. You're right. The pale master was the one about using other people's skeletons to make an esoskeleton or something.

Inevitability
2016-07-10, 03:42 AM
Dang. You're right. The pale master was the one about using other people's skeletons to make an esoskeleton or something.

Isn't that the Bone Knight?