PDA

View Full Version : Spontaneous Druid help

Blackhawk748
2016-07-09, 10:04 PM
I'll be playing a Spont Shapeshift Druid in a game on the forums here. The DM has kindly allowed Natural Spell to allow me to cast while in Shapeshifted form.

While i have a reasonable idea about my feats (mostly monstrous feats, as i will be a beatstick) im less sure about my spells. This character is a force of raw natural fury, as the campaigns goal is heralding in the apocalypse (thats part of my job) so Boreal Wind, Control Winds and Blast of Sand are some im considering.

Also ive got 50,000 gp to spend on equipment and i've got nothing, as i have no plans on using a melee weapon.

Oh the character is a Mineral Warrior Half Minotaur Human (the DM has given us +2 LA for free).

Inevitability
2016-07-10, 04:50 AM
A vest of resistance is always good to have, as are the default ability-boosting items. Why be a bear when you can be a bear with magically enhanced muscles?

A Monk's Belt will add extra attacks to your unarmed attack routine and increase AC. If you don't have IUS unarmed attacks will still provoke AoO's, though.

Tree Feather Tokens are flavorful and very strong if used right.

Buffs and heals are an obvious use of your spells. The 'Bite of the Werething' line is especially strong. You could also focus on utility spells, such as Air Walk, Scrying, and Awaken.

Darrin
2016-07-10, 07:09 AM
What sourcebooks are available? Online material OK? Dragon magazine?

Have you looked at eggynack's Druid Handbook (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?439991-Being-Everything-Eggynack-s-Comprehensive-Druid-Handbook) yet?

So, if I understand your post, you want spell advice and magic item recommendations? What level are you starting at?

Blackhawk748
2016-07-10, 08:54 AM
What sourcebooks are available? Online material OK? Dragon magazine?

Have you looked at eggynack's Druid Handbook (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?439991-Being-Everything-Eggynack-s-Comprehensive-Druid-Handbook) yet?

So, if I understand your post, you want spell advice and magic item recommendations? What level are you starting at?

All 3.5 stuff is available, PF on a case by case basis.

I have and its quite helpful, though it hasnt stopped me from getting option overload for spells.

Correct (i really shouldnt write threads while tired). We are starting at 10.