PDA

View Full Version : Feedback Requested on this Campaign Idea

Aldarin
2016-07-09, 11:17 PM
Hey guys, Aldarin here.
So I'm starting a new campaign with some good friends of mine, and I'd like some feedback on my story idea.
So, basically, in the Great War (a war where all of the people of all of the planes met to battle on Acheron), the Dragons were victorious. Tiamat and Bahamut (having formed a tenuous alliance during the Great War) took up rule in Gimlé (Elysium) where they jointly ruled the multiverse. They ruled for thousands of years, until the Free People of Aria (the Multiverse) sealed off the entrance to the plane with epic abjuration magic--at the cost of billions of mortal lives. There, in the Sealed Plane of Gimlé, the dragons fought among themselves, until at last the conflict had resolved--Bahamut and all metallic dragons on the plane had died. Meanwhile, a Half-Elf wizard known as Oth Faédin completed the magical rituals sealing Gimlé and died. There was only one way to access Gimlé again--by travelling to a barren mountain on the material plane and opening and eldritch seal known as the Dragonlock. To do this, however, one would need three of seven artifacts, made by Faédin, that were hidden around the multiverse.
Hundreds of years later, the population of the Material Plane had grown steady again, with just under a billion souls living there. Here, some experienced adventurers (the PCs) hear that a mortal cleric is trying to open the Dragonlock and unleash Tiamat into the world. As such, the PCs must race this cleric across the planes to obtain the artifacts before he can.

Please tell me what you think, ask clarifying questions, and offer critique.
Thanks,
Aldarin

Zman
2016-07-09, 11:21 PM
Interesting take on gather the important bits before the bad guy dlooses the bigger bad. Sounds abit out of my preferred zone, but is workable for a high level campaign.

What level are you thinking? I'm hoping 15+, anything much lower will feel out of place IMO.

Aldarin
2016-07-09, 11:23 PM
Interesting take on gather the important bits before the bad guy dlooses the bigger bad. Sounds abit out of my preferred zone, but is workable for a high level campaign.

What level are you thinking? I'm hoping 15+, anything much lower will feel out of place IMO.

Oh, definitely. I was thinking 17. They're starting at level 5, and I've written quite a few adventures that should advance them to 16 or so.

MrStabby
2016-07-10, 06:42 AM
Just be careful it isn't too railroady. There is a risk of "go here, now go there, next go there..."

Other than that is sounds like a fun world - although it reminds me of the plot from a Douglas Adams novel...