PDA

View Full Version : The Path of the Venadar IC

Gaiyamato
2016-07-11, 08:06 AM
Dazjasar, a small sleepy little village on the eastern outskirts of the western district of the Kingdom of Ventar. A cluster of around 100 huts, a single tavern, and a small market area featuring a blacksmith and horse market, are all that there is of the barbarian village. It's people a blend of the northern tribesmen and the western steppe nomads, with the odd Venadar and Elf from the Central Ventaris region. A simple round stone and timber castle sits on the highest hill overlooking the village and the trade road linking to the western mountain pass that passes through it, a basic dirt motte and wooden bailey protecting it from non-existent invaders. From here the count Idrass and his wife rule over the people. His meagre standing militia work with the only local gang acting as a supplementary police force, to control what passes for crime and ensure stability. The job is needless to say in a quiet sleepy part of a peaceful and stable Kingdom a very simple one. From time to time there is the odd bit of excitement, an escaped goat or an argument over the inheritance of a horse, but nothing dangerous. This generally makes the wages for gang and militia members alike easy money.

Boasting the new membership to the gang are Lennialo Grel, Wallace Gareth the Younger, Otto Howling-moon, the Tigress Isrielle, Tigress Melia and a mysterious young Archivist.

They combine with Captain Arshkan a steppe nomad with strange flaming red hair and bright ruby eyes, an impressively exotic half-ogre human Hagran who serves as the bodyguard and backup for the Captain, A collegiate wizard from the capital Sarumentar, and two locals, Jotun a northern barbarian human and Neg also a northern barbarian human. Totally all 11 of the gang. With the 12 local militia and the count himself, you all total the entire fighting force for Dazjasar.

The local gang is sitting in the tavern, drinking their singular free drink for the night (whatever it may be) and generally getting to know one another...

OOC: Assume you have been introduced, but know little of each other. Feel free to make idle chatter or engage in character development conversations.

Neil Crow
2016-07-11, 09:14 AM
Ser Lennialo Grel, though now she just went by Lennialo in this company, leaned back in her simple wooden chair at the large wooden table looking down into the clay cup that held her "fruited wine", there was something sinfully rustic and enjoyable about the drink and although many of her kinsmen from the Empire would be appalled that anyone would call this drink wine, much less her mother would be rolling over in her grave, if she had one, to find out the daughter she had raised to have courtly manners was not only drinking it but also openly enjoying it. Lennialo did enjoy the local "fruited wine" these barbarians made and the people of Dazjasar were not a bad short for the most part, a little to much staring form the men folk for her liking but none of them have yet to give her any real trouble. Speaking of which Lennialo looked up form her cup to take a look about the tavern to see if anything interesting was brewing in the local tavern, the place was not only the local drinking establishment but like Dazjasar town hall and city square all rolled into one, if there was news to be heard you most likely heard it here first.

After taking a look around, Lennialo finished off her cup, and it was gone far to soon the sweet fruity taste lingering on her tongue as she debated paying for another cup, but then again her coin purse was currently at the lightest it had ever been and there was those dreams of owning her own set of well crafted chainmail. With a sigh Lennialo resided herself to only one cup tonight and set said empty cup on the table as she looked at the others also seated around it, "So any interesting stories from the road that brought you her my fine companions?"

Lex-Kat
2016-07-11, 12:53 PM
Melia the Scout

http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq237/Lex-kat/wild-nacatl.jpg (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=874195) Melia is busy staring at Otto the Dwarven scout. She is fascinated by his death mask, wishing to touch it, to see just how real it is. But she makes no move to do so, and will not voice such a thing. At least, not until she knows the Dwarf better, for she wishes not to insult anyone.

"So any interesting stories from the road that brought you here my fine companions?" the Elven Knight asks.

Melia turns her head away from her previous curiosity to the new one. She sniffs once. "It smells... interesting." she turns her attention to one of the wenches walking past. "Melia wishes for fruit wine." A pause. "Please, thank you." she adds, having heard others occasionally say such after making their order. It seemed to make the serving girls happier when they heard such, and so Melia tried to remember to do so.

Turning her attention back to the Elven Knight, Len-ni-al-o, Melia gives the woman what she assumes is a smile. Though others may see it as baring her teeth, menacingly. "Melia once was in fight with a large orc, or half-orc, never could tell difference." she shrugs at the thought. "He was quite large, and a lucky strike caught Melia in the chest." she touches her bare sternum, just above the sash covering her chest. "Melia lost breath, and Orc lifted her up by throat and began choking Melia." she says, raising her chin up in an approximation of him choking her. "Melia clawed at its arms, but it didn't release her. So Melia began using her back legs, trying to scramble in desp... des-per-ation." she says, struggling with the big word. But she smiles again, wider this time, her eyes showing a bit of amusement this time. "Melia's claws caught him in his man-thing, and he dropped her. He was easy to apprehend then." She nods, then looks toward the bar and waits for her drink.

Lentrax
2016-07-11, 01:40 PM
Isrielle leans back in her chair, nursing an ale with one hand, the other rolling a silver piece along the backs of her knuckles. As she lifts her arm to take another drink, her collar clinks softly as it makes contact with her chain shirt. One day, she might find the key to the collar. She might not. So until she can have her justice, she will bring others to it.

She adds her story to those being shared by the others. Her voice is soft and delicate.

Zere is not much to tell. Much of my kind is collaired at a young age. I was fortunate to find a chance at freedom. I took eet. I was trained to fight by my mentor, a bounty hunter, in ze 'ope zat I will one day find ze key to my collar and remove eet.

Neil Crow
2016-07-11, 02:17 PM
Lennialo Grel, politely quietly listens, even when Melia struggles with the big words showing no sign of reaction to her stumbling over her words and when the other Catfolk young lady Isrielle starts talking Lennialo turns her attention to her. Once the two women are done Lennialo makes a decision and flags down a one of the tavern wenches and says, "Another rounds for me and my female companions here if you would be so kind my fair lady."

Once the tavern wench is gone Lennnialo turns back to the two female Catfolk, "Well the next round is on me ladies, and I figure stories are worth a story. So here is mine, I had been living in the western barbarian lands for a few years, it was my hundred and sixth year when a young lad decided I was the love of his life and when I turned down the simple looking human male he sent his friends to kidnap me seeing as he was somebody important's son. It was a close fight me out numbered four to one, but I was not the weak dress wearing flower picking maiden even at that age and was always armed with my sword where they had only clubs, so four bodies later and a message send to the love struck lad I was free of what was my closest call to a love life and marriage I have ever been in. It was a close call my fair ladies if I say so myself but luckily I escaped the ordeal."

During her story telling the drinks that Lennialo ordered come to the table and as they are set down in front of her and the other two women, Lennialo remembers that she was not going to buy more drinks tonight and mentally kicks herself for getting caught up in the friendly conversations.

esorscher
2016-07-11, 05:00 PM
Wallace drinks his ale politely, but to be honest, he has never loved the stuff. It has always been a beverage of necessity, not pleasure. If water were cleaner he'd drink that, but that was something he didn't usually discuss amongst his home village. "This is my home," he says dully. "I don't have any stories outside this place. My life began here. It'll probably end here, too," he says morosely.

Lentrax
2016-07-11, 05:32 PM
With a nod and a feline smile, Isrielle accepts the second mug.

Don't say zat... Isrielle pouts from over her mug as Wallace bemoans his fate. Everyone deserves a leetle... Aventure? in zier lives, no?

She turns to face the other feline in the room. She switches flawlessly to her native language and begins purring gently. It does have quite the effect on people, but she is hoping for something a bit more from her partner.

<I assume there is more to your story than you are letting on. Is it something you would perhaps share in private later?>

i dropped the accent from her use of Feline, since it's her native tongue and therefore has no real 'accent' so to speak. I mean, it's all Cat to you anyway.

Lex-Kat
2016-07-11, 09:43 PM
Melia the Scout

http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq237/Lex-kat/wild-nacatl.jpg (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=874195) Melia looks at the now two mugs of fruit wine. She sniffs them both as Len-ni-al-o continues her tale, then uses her tongue to lap some into her mouth. "Mmmm. Melia likes." she raises the mug and takes a long drink. Then brings the mug down a little harder than she had intended. "What is mar-rigde, Len-ni-al-o?" she asks.

But before the elf can answer, she then turns to Isrielle. Speaking in Feline; <I might. It is a tale similar to yours I think, Sister. But I have a question for you, how is it you speak the human tongue so... prettily?> she asks, a hint of jealousy can be heard by her 'sister' in her speech. So she adds a bit of a purr herself, to let Isrielle know no insult was intended.

She keeps her attention ready to listen to either and both of them. She has no kind words for the poor lad, Wallace. She's not sure how to comfort him.

Neil Crow
2016-07-11, 11:17 PM
Lennialo listened to the continuing conversations round her and although she had no idea what the to Catfolk women were saying when the spoke in their native language it did have a nice sound to it. When the human gentleman at the table made his comment Lennialo only respond with a smile and simple, "Your time of journeys will come as well good sir."

When Melia asks "What is mar-rigde, Len-ni-al-o?" Lennialo laughs but then shakes her head and smiles to make sure that the young woman dose not think that Lennialo is laughing at her and answers, "Oh it is when two individuals decide to share their lives with one another, you must have notice men and women of the village who are not blood related living together and having children of their own. Many marry for several reasons, for family obligations, mutual gain, wanting some one to take care of or having someone care for you or even rare love. If I was to marry I believe I would want it to not only be out of mutual gain but also love, after all marriage is meant to be a life long contract with the other person and long as both part maintain good faith of said contract, I hope that explains it to your satisfaction Melia."

Lentrax
2016-07-12, 12:07 AM
Isrielle chuckles slightly at the question. <It was a part of my training. All so I could be better... Used.>

WarTortoise
2016-07-12, 12:34 AM
Otto's sharp green eyes followed every person at the table as they spoke. A glint in his eyes reveals he's enjoying himself.
He pipes up in support of Lennialo and claps Wallace on the back.
"It is my experience that very few people die where they expect to, so cheer up!"

When the subject at the table switches to marriage he listens politely until Lennialo is finished before speaking up again.
"I got married once." He says without much enthusiasm. "Then the war broke out. Four years of in the trenches and the horrors of war.." He pauses a moment before continuing.
"After it was all over, I realized I would choose war over marriage every single time." He smiles and winks at Lennialo before raising his mug of ale in the air.
"To the missus, and may she wreck hell upon many more men to come!" He laughs a deep belly laugh. "Just not me!!!"

Lex-Kat
2016-07-12, 12:44 AM
Melia the Scout

http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq237/Lex-kat/wild-nacatl.jpg (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=874195) Melia drinks more of the fruited wine as she listens to Len-ni-al-o's explanation. By the end of it, she thinks she understands, but isn't sure. So she just nods an affirmative.

When she hears Isrielle's reasoning for her pretty speech, Melia gasps. <My master did not care if I learned pretty speech, only how good I was... you know. I only learned what little I know from Jonah. And he spoke little of it himself.> she lowers her head, embarrassed. <I will tell you more, if you wish to know more.>

The dwarf finally speaks. And Melia hears another tale of marriage, but this one does not sound as nice as what Len-ni-al-o said. "So you... did not..." she looks to Len-ni-al-o, trying to remember all that she had said. "... maintain good contract with your wife?" she watches the elf, hoping to get confirmation she said it right.

Lentrax
2016-07-12, 12:53 AM
Zey must 'ave... eh... Renegoziated ze terms, yes?

WarTortoise
2016-07-12, 02:07 PM
Otto sighs, sinking back into his chair. "A contract... makes it sound like a deal between equals. That just doesn't fly when you fall in love with a goddess." He downs the rest of his ale and puts the cup on the table.

"God I miss that woman."

Lex-Kat
2016-07-12, 07:06 PM
Melia the Scout

http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq237/Lex-kat/wild-nacatl.jpg (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=874195) Now Melia's really confused. <Did I say something wrong?> she asks Isrielle, in their native tongue.

Lentrax
2016-07-13, 02:41 AM
Isrielle takes another drink from her ale before answering. <No, I do not think so... I just think that his love for her and his love for war compete in his heart. While he will always love both, he can only have one. But it doesn't change his love for the other. The heart is often odd like that.>

Neil Crow
2016-07-13, 05:09 AM
Lennialo finished off her "fruit wine", savoring this last cup as long as it would last and as she put it down she turned the dwarven scout with a smile, with her face starting to show hints of alcohol induced blush on her face, "Master Otto, I never would have guessed you were married, well if you can find love then maybe there is someone for everyone as they say, even a homeless noble in name only who's family is a laughing joke in the Empire she is from and she has a tendency to bet up any good looking elven boy she comes across instead of bating her eyes at him and flirting like she should, then maybe they would ask me to a dance or some such romantic thing. Well hope is what Master Otto gives me, that he does!"

It is clear about halfway though Lennialo's speech that the "fruit wine" is effecting her, and Lennialo's face reddens deeply as she realized just what she was saying and she put her head in her hands mumbling something about hidden strength of the local vintage.

esorscher
2016-07-13, 07:23 PM
Gareth takes his time to think about how to respond, first to consider the catfolk's words but then also to analyze them, and then to consider her, and his impression of her, and what might offend her, and whether he was concerned about offending her (which he was, since they had to work together), and countless other facets of his response until, by the time he is ready to respond, the conversation has already passed him by. He says nothing, and although he accepted the offered drink and takes a symbolic sip, does not finish it. He is only half paying attention to the conversation at the table, instead focused on the room around them, alert for any sign of danger as the night wears on, and ready should some monstrous entity, be it true monster or man, take advantage of the darkness and attack his home town, but Ser Lennialo's rambling draws his attention back to the group. "Be careful," he says, "These people are counting on us."

Gaiyamato
2016-07-14, 07:06 AM
The general positive atmosphere in the tavern is broken by a sharp yell as the door is flung open. A man dressed in the fine clothes of a servant of the Count runs up to the Captain. His left arm is bleeding form a shallow - though non-life-threatening gash, clearly visibly made by a sharp blade from your positions.

He is out of breath and it takes him a moment. "Captain, the count is dead. Not even an hour ago he willingly leapt from the top of his own tower to his death. The lady and her men had the castle secure, so she sent myself and one of her hand maidens to come and fetch you to make his death official as you are the highest ranking governor in the town. However just as the gate shut behind us the castle came under attack by a group of barbarians, they didn't seem like a local sort. They dragged Lyassa the hand maiden into the forest with them during the fight. The castle is secure for now, though I am certain the Countess requires you presence more than before as a consequence."

Captain Arshkan leaps to his feet, his movement fast and fluid. His long flowing red hair moving in the most melodramatic manner possible. "Absolutely!" He turns to the gathering group. "The rubber-stamping of the untimely suicide of the Count is our lowest priority, however it must be seen to. I want two or three of the greens to go, ask the countess a few questions as to the circumstances of his death so I can write the report to send to the capital later. The rest of us will track these abductors and free the captured maiden. So who volunteers for the castle duty?"

WarTortoise
2016-07-14, 07:41 AM
Otto tries to sit as still as he can and look as inconspicuous as possible, almost painfully so. While he has no problem following orders, the opportunity of chasing a group of violent barbarians through the forest definitely had his personal preference.

Lex-Kat
2016-07-14, 10:23 AM
Melia the Scout

http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq237/Lex-kat/wild-nacatl.jpg (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=874195) Melia looks around, waiting to see who wishes to do clerk duty. Obviously, it can't be her. She only knows how to speak the common tongue. Besides, she's a scout. Of course she wishes to track the barbarians who stole the maiden. <What is a 'Hand' Maiden?> she whispers to Isrielle.

Neil Crow
2016-07-14, 11:24 AM
When the court servant came barge in Lennialo set up taking her head out of her head even though her face was finished completely getting reed of the deep blush she had on it earlier, but she would put up with the embarrassment so that she could near the servant's report clearly. Once her was done with his tail and the Captain made his judgment call about send just a few men to investigate the death of the count while he lead a team off to hunt down barbarians Lennialo feared what roll the Captain would put her in due to her noble heritage, but the fact of the mater was she was very unskilled and untested in the waters of politics due to her and her mother's exile from the Empire. More to the point she wanted to go save the girl, and from several of the looks her companions were giving they did too, hell reassuring pretty young girls its what knights do!

Lennialo stood up suddenly and with such force that the threw the chair she was sitting in to the ground and she unsheathed her sword and while picking up her shield and declared, "Captain if you will permit me the honor I would like to take my fellow companions here ahead of you and locate the barbarian with all speed while you bring the main force to crush them, the young girl may not have much time and a small strike force maybe what is in order to get her out of their clutches alive, Sir."

Lennialo hoped her argument sounded convincing and behind her shield she crossed her fingers while at the same time slipped her left leg back to cross her legs, it couldn't hurt right?'

OOC: just in case you wanted a dice roll on this here is my poor, Diplomacy skill check.
[roll0]

Lentrax
2016-07-14, 12:25 PM
Isrielle grimaces at the mention of the Count's suicide. Then she growled at the account of the kidnapping. She turns to answer Melia's question.

<It is a servant. A woman who is kept on as a maid.>

Isrielle then stands to address her captain.

Captain. I will go speak with ze Countess.

Lex-Kat
2016-07-18, 05:23 PM
Melia the Scout

http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq237/Lex-kat/wild-nacatl.jpg (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=874195) Melia is initially surprised that Isrielle wishes to go speak to the Countess. But then decides that perhaps she should not be. She stands as well. "Melia will go with Isrielle, Captain." she says, then turns to the other. <We can speak to each other, in a language many do not know. It may come to be useful, if we are attacked.>

Lentrax
2016-07-18, 05:54 PM
Isrielle gave the silver coin one more pass over her knuckles. The coin then vanished, leaving her hand free to grab the thin strap of leather that formed her rapier's scabbard. <If that is your wish, we can certainly do so. Also, we will not have to hold ourselves back to catch up with the others.>

Weapon in place, she turns to address the captain. We will go see ze Countess. We can zen run to catch you up. We feline-folk are good at running.

esorscher
2016-07-18, 07:35 PM
"I will go after the barbarians," the younger Wallace says.

Neil Crow
2016-07-19, 05:56 AM
After the two female catfolk had spoken up and voice their willingness to go deal with courtly matters the air in Lennialo's sails went out a little. She was not surprised by Isrielle, the young woman did seem quite sociable and skilled in conversation, but she was a little surprised that Melia didn't want to join the hunt for the kidnappers. Picking up the knocked over chair and taking a seat once more Lennialo gave a nodded of agreement when young Wallace voiced his opinion in joining a good fight.

Lennialo cleared her throat and in a much calmer voice than she had used just moments ago she said, "Of course Captain I will whole heartily pursue the task you deem best, sir."

Lex-Kat
2016-07-19, 09:54 AM
Melia the Scout

http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq237/Lex-kat/wild-nacatl.jpg (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=874195) Melia's perceptive eyes notice when Len-ni-al-o looses some enthusiasm. She looks at her, curiously, but says nothing. Instead, she gets up and moves around to sit beside her, placing her head against the Elve's shoulder, and begins to purr and looking up to her. She wishes to give the kind woman comfort, but she's not sure why she's suddenly upset.

WarTortoise
2016-07-20, 06:02 AM
After seeing everybody voice their preferences Otto too turns to the captain.
"Erm.. I'd like to go hunting too." He states matter-of-factly.

He gives Lennalio a curt nod as courtesy, indicating he appreciated the effort.

Lentrax
2016-07-20, 12:44 PM
Isrielle watches Melia go over and start purring for the elf, but if the display puts off the other feline in the room, Isrielle does a well enough job of concealing her feelings.

Melia. We should go. Ze countess needs to be attended to, no?

Lex-Kat
2016-07-20, 05:34 PM
Melia the Scout

http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq237/Lex-kat/wild-nacatl.jpg (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=874195) Melia starts to get up at Isrielle's call, but then the other feline adds a word that confuses the poor kitteh. "No? Don't you mean yes?" Melia walks back over, grabbing her drink and taking another taste before they go. "Are we going or not?"

Melia will leave with Isrielle, walking behind her until they exit the boundaries of the village. Once outside, she'll move to the lead, her eyes watchful for any danger.

[roll0]

Neil Crow
2016-07-21, 06:02 PM
Lennialo is surprised when Melia comes over to her, placing her head on Lennialo's shoulder and starts purring, but she quickly realizes that the young feline is merely trying to be nice and Lennialo leans over and give her a slight hug before Melia moves on at Isrielle comment. As the two female felines move to leave the tavern Lennialo will speak up once more to the Captain, "Sir I am fine with escorting Lady Isrielle and Lady Melia if you do not wish for them to handle the Countess alone."

Lennialo watches with slight concern in her eyes as the two feline women walk out the tavern door, and she unconsciously takes three steps that way to fallow them before stopping herself. Lennialo dose not like the idea for the small group of new hires splitting up for some unknown reason, but her gut tells her that it would be bad and make a choice on the spot Lennialo turns back to the Captain and saying, "Well sir I will see to making sure everything is secure as can be at this time in the castle."

With that said Lennialo quickly walks out the door doing her best to catch up with the two women, saying as she walks up next to them in a hurried pass, "I would hate for you to face emotional and political driven storm you ladies are about to walk into alone, please allow me to escort you."