PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Open Hand Monk and Wholeness of Body

Theodoxus
2016-07-11, 11:52 AM
Would you allow WoB to work like the Paladin LoH, only as Self Only (and only for healing, not curing). Basically, I'd rather be able to eek out a 'top off', say the friendly cleric heals, but falls short by a point or two... instead of wasting another cure wounds, allow the monk to heal up the points, but not burn through their whole allotment of WoB points, and like LoH, be a pool that replenishes on a long rest, rather than 1 and done as written.

I get that as written, WoB is essentially a super charged second wind (with a longer recharge time). Just seems kind meh. How OP would it be to allow it to be broken up - even maybe into 3 HP chunks, as you get that per level...

HeyBJ
2016-07-11, 12:28 PM
I wouldn't say it's OP at all, but it makes the Paladin less special. I mean, it's your game and you're free to do whatever makes it more fun for you, but I personally wouldn't do that. If I want to use other class features, I'd multiclass instead.

MaxWilson
2016-07-11, 12:36 PM
As DM? Sure. I'd allow that. It actually makes more in-game sense to me than saying, "No, it has to be quantized discretely."