PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Time Travel for Pathfinder!

Thealtruistorc
2016-07-12, 12:40 AM
Hello everyone, your friendly neighborhood TAO here with another psionic project, this time something all my own.

Time Travel is something that all geeks either love or hate, as the potential for utility and exploitation are limitless. Sitting in the former camp, I have decided to concoct some hard, player-usable rules for time travel that can be integrated into most games.

Now, this being time travel, most of the material is quite powerful and has the capacity to significantly alter any game that you use it in. Nevertheless, I'm sure that it will make for plenty of interesting adventures.

But enough dilly-dally
Enjoy! (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nHZgKiT8vIiRYBdiHMKrnSFcv16L9Hg5wURk_hGbJi8/edit?usp=sharing)

As always, input is appreciated.

Shinn
2016-07-13, 04:55 PM
It seems really complete. I don't have the time right now, but I will soon read it and give you my opinion.

Did you already read the Mongoose book about Time Magic ? It's 3.0, but I think it would easily work for Pathfinder, and perfectly fit with your work... If you didn't already covered what they had.

Anyways, I'll read this doc as soon as possible and tell you everything I can found good (or bad) in what you did.

Thealtruistorc
2016-07-13, 06:33 PM
Did you already read the Mongoose book about Time Magic ? It's 3.0, but I think it would easily work for Pathfinder, and perfectly fit with your work... If you didn't already covered what they had.

I wasn't familiar with this, nor have I read the 2nd edition supplement for time magic. I'll have to check out both of these things at some point.

Also, while the stuff here is only psionic so far, I may create some spells that offer arcane casters these same kind of options. Would that be enjoyable?

Shinn
2016-07-14, 09:55 AM
I don't know. We already have tons of arcane classes, while there's not that much Psionic classes.
But from the other side, Psionics are much different from the classic classes, so it's quite difficult to handle. Just think about your preference : an easy class to use, or a class with original mechanics.

Here's the Time Magic PDF that I was talking : h ttp://thyamath.com/donjons/[D20]Encyclopaedia_Arcane-Chronomancy.pdf (just remember to attach the "h", because I don't have enough post to post full links).

I've read your document, and that's really good, even if, as you said, it's better to be careful with time manipulation. But maybe you could move the classes at first, as there's usually the most important thing of a homebrew document (you usually require the classes to get the powers) ; then the "Time travel and multiverse" added to your introduction.

And maybe you could have a clearer summary, as I lost myself on this one.

Southern Cross
2016-07-19, 05:49 AM
After reading the Chronomancy PDF, I have one question- Where in the PDF is the Chronomancy feat it keeps referencing?

PapaQuackers
2016-07-19, 07:19 PM
I didn't catch that either, but this looks super interesting.