PDA

View Full Version : SoD: The Phantom Book

Lord_Butters_I
2007-07-02, 03:13 PM
I wanted to buy Start of Darkness today. I went to Borders to buy it. They didn't have it. I checked their database. Wasn't in there. (I checked by name, by author, and by frigging ISP.) Puzzled, I returned home and checked Amazon.com. Yesterday I would have told you that Amazon is a god among online shopping sites, and has never failed me. But today it did, as SoD is completely absent from Amazon.com's database, not even for preorder. After a google search of the Phantom Book, I found that Paizo.com actually acnoledges SoD's existance. But it only offers a preorder, dispite the book's release over a week ago. Is this a massive government conspiricy designed to prevent me from knowing Team Evil's backstory, or am I just going (more) insane?

Ancalagon
2007-07-02, 03:16 PM
Why don't you order from APE-Games, linked on this site, the button is just below the button labelled with "FORUM"?

Lord_Butters_I
2007-07-02, 03:19 PM
Order of the Stick: Start of Darkness (PRE-ORDER)

NOTE: This is a pre-order only.
copy-pasted dirrectly from the site.

Vargtass
2007-07-02, 03:35 PM
Well, despite APE not having updated their homepage, they have begun delivering. I myself got confirmation that they have shipped my copies, and many have received them already. I have not seen anyone claiming to have got SOD from any other source yet. Also, I think so far probably only the ones that pre-ordered have had their orders processed, although The Giant said last week that most preorders were already shipped on Tuesday.

I would recommend you to place an order at APE, or wait until yor local store gets it, provided they ordered it already.

Good luck!

Lord_Butters_I
2007-07-02, 04:06 PM
I ordered it from Paizo.com. It says preorder, but elaborates on that saying that it's because they haven't recieved SoD in their warehouse.

Alysar
2007-07-02, 04:11 PM
I preordered the book about a month ago, and it arrived today. I have the book right here on the desk next to me.

Pre-order it. They'll deliver it soon enough.

TheNovak
2007-07-02, 05:43 PM
The first run of printing may well have just been to cover the preorders (there seem to have been almost 10,000 of them, judging from order numbers people have posted). If you want it from a store, you might be waiting awhile.

Gundato
2007-07-02, 06:10 PM
Oy. An order-number like 6854 doesn't mean 6,854 books were sold. It means that you are the 6,854th order to have been placed since the last time APEGames reset their order numbers (probably more like 5,000 or so, since it is unlikely they started with 0001).

The Giant
2007-07-03, 12:11 PM
SoD is already being shipped to the pre-order companies, and is on its way to comic book and game specialty shops. However, don't hold your breath for finding it on Amazon or in Borders; OOTS does not distribute to the mass market at all.

The only way you'll find a copy at Borders is if the individual location you're shopping at special ordered it from the comic book direct market, and the only way you'll find it at Amazon is if a store decides to sell it through them as a marketplace vendor.

So if you want to buy it in person, find your local game store or comic shop in about a week or so.

TreesOfDeath
2007-07-03, 01:54 PM
Can any of your books be found in England? I checked my gaming shops for OTPCs and DCFs but couldn't find them

Chronos
2007-07-03, 06:39 PM
So if you want to buy it in person, find your local game store or comic shop in about a week or so.Aha! Thanks, Rich, that's valuable information for me. I ordered it through my local comic-book shop, and they're probably getting tired of me stopping in every week or so asking "Is it in yet?".

evilash
2007-07-04, 06:17 AM
SoD is already being shipped to the pre-order companies...

Any word on when it's going to ship to Impressions Marketing, so that we who pre-ordered it through Paizo can get it as well?

Manga Shoggoth
2007-07-04, 07:07 AM
Can any of your books be found in England? I checked my gaming shops for OTPCs and DCFs but couldn't find them

Try "Orcs Nest" in London. I got my copy of "On the Origin of PCs" there.

The remaining ones I got through my local bookshop on special order.

banjo1985
2007-07-04, 07:50 AM
I've had word on the Paizo.com issue, as the game shop I preorder my books from get's supplied by them, here in England. Apparently Paizo haven''t shipped an order over to here yet, they seem to be waiting to get enough orders to do a bulk shipping, which to be honest annoys me no end!

As for amazon, I once bought Dungeon Crawlin' Fools off a vendor on there, but they do seem to be pretty rare.

evilash
2007-07-05, 12:50 AM
I've had word on the Paizo.com issue, as the game shop I preorder my books from get's supplied by them, here in England. Apparently Paizo haven''t shipped an order over to here yet, they seem to be waiting to get enough orders to do a bulk shipping, which to be honest annoys me no end!

Er, no that's incorrect, Paizo hasn't received any books yet. The only supplier that has received any books is APEGames, who got their books while the other suppliers hadn't even received word that the book had left the printer (http://paizo.com/paizo/messageboards/paizo/products/v5748btpy7xd5).

phobiandarkmoon
2007-07-06, 06:39 AM

Some gaming shops do supply them, but I find it easier just to band together with a group of friends and share the shipping from the US

Lusorius
2007-07-06, 07:22 AM
APE says that they delivered my book to my work's mail room on the 28th, but they deny it ever arrived. So my preorder has supposedly shipped already, but I haven't seen it yet. So I'm leaning toward massive government conspiracy myself, Lord Butters

kialos
2007-07-06, 11:19 AM
APE took TSoD off of pre-order abit ago, I just ordered it right now. I've ordered all the books and the longest it took was a little bit over a week. I work with a company that ships out Plasma Tvs and Microwaves. (You wouldn't believe the kind of damage they somehow sustain. Someone once called me saying their microwave looked like someone impailed it with a Javalin or something)

Anyway, my point was that APE games takes more care of a comic book then a large name brand company takes care of their TV's, and they get it to me sooner. I was impressed.

If you live outside the states then I'm not really sure what you should do. But if you're inside them, I'd recomend ordering online. (Que Cheesy music going "Da DA-DAH!" with da' thumbs up, flying hi-5's everywere and laughing children... uhh... playing Foosball or something)

Baru
2007-07-06, 03:59 PM
I wonder if SoD will be hitting comic stores in Canada any time soon.

Ithekro
2007-07-06, 04:09 PM
If the store's distributor carries it and the store ordered the book, then yes they should be getting it in the near future.

InfernusTribble
2007-07-06, 04:18 PM
Will the OOTS books be available in merrry england? Or do we have to go international mail? :smallfrown:

Lord_Butters_I
2007-07-06, 08:24 PM
Okay, not being the patient type, I canceled my Paizo.com preorder and want to go with APEgames.com. One problem: I don't have a credit card. Paizo let me send them a money order (which has now been voided), but the closest thing APEgames has is paypal.com. They can only accept credit cards, debit cards, or bank acounts. I have none of these. Is there some way to pay with non-digital money with APEgames/paypal?