PDA

View Full Version : Help Needed With Custom Weapon

iFeeva
2016-07-12, 05:20 AM
Hello all,

I will soon be starting a campaign with some friends and our DM will allow us to use custom weapons and equipment. I have one in mind, but I'm having trouble with how it should be classified.

I cant link the picture, but It is basically 2 daggers attatched to a chain or rope.

I'm not sure if it counts as dual wielding 2 weapons or a two handed weapon, or something else entirely!
I dont have much experience in dnd, I've only been in one mini campaign until now, and I dont know everything yet about dnd.

any advice at all would be very helpful and appreciated!

noce
2016-07-12, 05:26 AM
Whip dagger and chain-and-dagger are both on Sword and Fist. Give them a look, maybe they're close enough to figure it out :smallwink:

iFeeva
2016-07-12, 05:53 AM
Whip dagger and chain-and-dagger are both on Sword and Fist. Give them a look, maybe they're close enough to figure it out :smallwink:

Thanks, the chain and dagger was a perfect fit!

noce
2016-07-12, 06:31 AM
Thanks, the chain and dagger was a perfect fit!

If your idea is a chain with a dagger in each end, consider to turn it in a double weapon with the same stats for each end. You could just buy two and link them together, anyway.

So 1d4, 19-20/x2 for each end, the weapon is considered a double weapon (same as wielding an one-handed weapon paired with a light weapon), each end is enchanted separately, if you wield it two handed you can hit with just one end of the weapon, etc.

Gildedragon
2016-07-12, 09:00 AM
Looking at the illustration of the Shadar Kai in the fiend folio: that seems to be what the spiked chain is