PDA

View Full Version : PTU - Green Bays

thedanster7000
2016-07-12, 10:16 AM
PTU - Green Bays

Your ferry finally arrives at Domus Isle; the centre and most touristic island of Green Bays' seven. You and a few others get off at the port, spotting some of the iconic sea-scooters, public jet skis used for island hopping, bobbing in the clear water. The sun beats down heavily as you get off onto the cobblestone ground, but you aren't here to sunbathe; you're here to win the Poke'mon League Challenge. The biennial event's details vary each time, but it always includes island hopping and a grand tournament held in Domus' legendary sky arena; a wonder of engineering somehow kept in position with a few chains and large air bags filled with drifblim gas.

On the port are two sea-scooter areas, each directed at an island, one with red tape in front of it. A building supporting a large gazebo sports a sign read: 'Mess Hall'. Some rickety wooden planks lead into a tunnel underneath the city. The stairs leading up the sheer walls that are the floors of the inner city are blocked off with red tape, and a security guard is having heated conversations with several irritated trainers who are being blocked by it.

INoKnowNames
2016-07-13, 08:25 AM
This is it. The Big Time. Though the air here was no different than the air during the approach, Dominic breathes it in deeply, drinking it in. The cornerstone to his dreams both so far and yet so near, blood pumps through his veins as if a battle were about to begin at that very moment. Years past, this level of anticipation would have left him light-headed, but this first true step of progress into this journey left him nothing but eager, excited, determined.

Holding the gate for the ramp open, Dominic allows a few others, including his Pokemon and the companions he was traveling with, to pass before him, before stepping onto the port and down from the boat. A swift scan everywhere tells him... admittedly not as much as he might like, but enough to consider new options. He turns to his friend. "So!" he asks, his voice as positive as the light breeze, the only relief against the harsh heat that seems to be reflected from both earth and sea. "Shall we see what all of the commotion is about, snag something to eat, or see what else can be done? I'm curious what's going on, but if you'd prefer something else..." As it had been, whenever they were together, Dominic would prefer his friend's opinion before acting.

Laurence, for his part, despised the voyage, and was relieved just to be on land once again. The Pokemon eyes potential shade, less enduring of the temperature than his over-enthusiastic trainer.

I'll still be doing these even when we get a proper OOC remade.

Claiming Navy as my color.

I hope this sort of posting is acceptable. I use Italics for Thoughts, and "Quotes" for things actually spoken. The rest being narration, usually more colorful than need be, admittedly. ^_^;

Heh, for some reason I was trying not to imagine us having potential access to a Beach. Though it would be a good spot to gain some additional training later, sparing on the sand.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe our options are:
-Check the Mess Hall
-Check the Underground Tunnel
-Check the Commotion

Is that right? Or if we tried to wander around elsewhere, would such places be find-able? I'm -HAPPY- to see what the hubbub's about, but I was curious. This reminds me of a start I tried to do in a game once, and I'm feeling a little nostalgic for some of the options I'd offered to a group before.

Doc_Maynot
2016-07-13, 11:51 AM
As they walk off the boat, Cassandra finally relents her fight with Skylar over their map. "So this is Domus... Bit more boring looking than I expected." She looks around at the other trainers. "I guess you get registered or whatever you need to do, we can get some grub. While you do that we can go see about any local contests."

Skylar looks up from the map and then gives Cassandra a look. "Well, I'm sure you'll do fine. Everyone here seems mostly to be interested in battling. We'll probably just be up against locals." A pause while Skylar's looks turns into a pout. She sighs in response. "Yes, I promise. Anyways, Dom. You sure you two are going to be okay? These other trainers... Well they don't look like the kind back home with belts full Rattatas and Pidgeys."

INoKnowNames
2016-07-14, 04:46 AM
"We'll never improve if we don't face more adversity. The more we fight, the more we'll be able to fight, and the more varied the opponent, the sooner we'll be able to adapt to any challenge. Same with you two as well; you never know what styles you might face, and soon you'll showcase that you're better than them all!" Dom confidently replies, fist pumping in the process as Laurence rolls his entire head at his dramatic trainer.

As Dom looks from Mess Hall to the Tunnel to the City Entrance, his smile falters slightly, not quite wanting to split up just now. "There should be plenty of time to find out what we'll need to do to be able to compete. I'm not too worried about that yet." he utters the last word under his breath. "I am curious what's up with the roadblock, but if you guys want to have lunch first, I'm more than down for that." he continues, closing toward the direction of both the gazebo and the stairs, hoping to at least hear about the source of any hubbub before going inside to eat. The Emanation Pokemon starts leading the way toward the Mess Hall, more ready than Dominic is to have a snack.

Doc_Maynot
2016-07-14, 08:32 AM
Cassandra joins in with Laurence and his head rolling. Noticing his movements, "Go ahead and check it out, we'll save you a seat." she assures as she follows the Riolu. "I wonder if they'll have more than fish..."

Meanwhile, Skylar jumps up upon Dominic's shoulders. 'I'm not really hungry anyways.'

thedanster7000
2016-07-15, 10:32 AM
"What do you mean there've been delays!?" shouts a trainer at the security guard, startling a few people and Poke'mon with her outburst. "I'm sorry miss, but visiting trainers cannot enter until the preparations are complete," replies the security. "Well what are we meant to do now then?" "Well there's the mess hall or you could take that sea scooter to Infant Isle until the ceremony's ready; Palaish Isle is still being prepared for visitors as well..."

INoKnowNames
2016-07-15, 12:52 PM
"Huh.... no actual way into the heart of town yet. If they're still working on things, then it might be dangerous, let alone unauthorized, to try to go in..." Dom thinks aloud, partially to share his thoughts with his little hanger-on. Turning away, hands deep in his pocket, he sighs and looks up. "I was hoping I might surprise her with info, but I guess that'll wait for later..."

Looking over to see Laurence lead Cassandra away, his eyes follow their backs, and he smiles. "They'll be alright, at least for a minute. If you'd to sit down and relax, now's your last chance to get down and go with them. Otherwise, please hold on tight." he says to Skylar, a random thought sparking determination in his eyes. After a moment to grant the Emotion Pokemon an opportunity to dismount, Dom stretches his legs and back in an enthusiastic, almost frenetic manner. "Gonna be right back! Quickly just scope out these scooters and see what the other isles look like, and maybe that tunnel entrance, too. Just one, maybe two minutes." he informs Skylar. And with that, Dominic takes off like a bullet, running as fast as he can.

Mach Punch and Dragon Dance user! Got a need for Speed!

...oh my god he's Sonic. :smalltongue:

Gonna see what we can do before we eat; hopefully they/all won't get mugged before we/I get back to the Mess Hall.

Doc_Maynot
2016-07-15, 02:37 PM
Skylar wraps his arms tight around Dominic's neck, enjoying the speed of the ride.

thedanster7000
2016-07-15, 02:57 PM
Dominic rushes to the operational sea scooter and sees an electronic sign next to it read: 'Infant Isle, luscious grassy island with the Pokédex activation service, a beautiful mountain and ruins, and small, friendly Pokémon; perfect for beginning trainers'. He runs over the creaking boards into the tunnel to see a series of enormous tunnels; huge platforms line a glorious river of sewage running through the middle of the tunnels. To his surprise, he sees numerous tents set up in almost a small community on some of the larger areas of stone.

INoKnowNames
2016-07-16, 10:51 PM
At each point of interest, Dominic stops and ensures that Skylar's still got a decent position, before making a physical note in his notebook about his observations. "Gonna wanna make sure I get it right." he justifies himself to his temporary traveling companion the first time he starts writing. "No need to send us to 'Elder Isle; barren flame pyre with destroyed cities and large, scary Pokemon, for the elite only'. At least, not yet." he jokes to himself. Upon reaching the tunnels, he's entirely confused by what appears to be its own underground city, housed within the runoff system. "Is this just how things are done here? Maybe we can find out later, but I hope we don't have to stay in the sewers..." he shivers momentarily. "I don't mind roughing it, but that might be the line..."

Speeding off again, he rushes back to where he'd left the others, stopping again just to allow Skylar the chance to lead the way or continue enjoying the ride, before walking into the Mess Hall himself, to tell Cassandra all that he'd observed.

Doc_Maynot
2016-07-18, 08:29 AM
At each point of interest, Dominic stops and ensures that Skylar's still got a decent position, before making a physical note in his notebook about his observations. "Gonna wanna make sure I get it right." he justifies himself to his temporary traveling companion the first time he starts writing. "No need to send us to 'Elder Isle; barren flame pyre with destroyed cities and large, scary Pokemon, for the elite only'. At least, not yet." he jokes to himself. Upon reaching the tunnels, he's entirely confused by what appears to be its own underground city, housed within the runoff system. "Is this just how things are done here? Maybe we can find out later, but I hope we don't have to stay in the sewers..." he shivers momentarily. "I don't mind roughing it, but that might be the line..."

'Well this is a big tournament and you have to beat every island or something, right? Maybe they control what pokemon go on what island so that way they can really see who is the better trainer is...?'

Speeding off again, he rushes back to where he'd left the others, stopping again just to allow Skylar the chance to lead the way or continue enjoying the ride, before walking into the Mess Hall himself, to tell Cassandra all that he'd observed.

Skylar will keep riding piggyback. As they enter, Cassandra gives them both a quick wave and Skylar quickly dismounts to take a seat in her lap.

thedanster7000
2016-07-18, 10:04 AM
The interior of the Mess Hall is wooden and there are trainers sat on stools around the room. Behind the counter is a huge muscled man who greets you: "Hello darlings! What can I get yous?"

INoKnowNames
2016-07-28, 06:25 PM
"I think I'll just have the mixed fruit, if you please." Dom requests, a bit sheepishly, despite not particularly being on the small or short side himself anymore.

He quietly waits until they've sat back down together after getting fare before sharing what all he'd observed on his run. "I think we may need to travel to one of the other islands already, before we're considered legitimate trainers here. But I'm not sure why the city itself is boarded up, nor why people are living in the drainage system of it. I would have hoped to run into someone official to give us some actual answers, or that they would have allowed us to go right where we needed to before we got started." he remarks, with a bit of an air of organizing his thoughts out-loud. "What do you reckon? Should we stick around and search for clues, or share a sea-scooter together and get going again?" he asks her.

I'm going to assume, no matter what, that there's at least fruit that can be eaten without the slaughter of innocent life forms, be it those of the real world, or potentially questionable ethics concerning certain species here.

Also, gosh darn it, I just had the idea of asking this gentleman for info. But I don't think that'd come immediately to mind to Dom.

Doc_Maynot
2016-07-29, 07:11 PM
She looks around, half awake look on her face. "Vanilla ice cream, I guess." Skylar tugs on her leg. "And a chocolate one." Skylar's face lights up in response.

Upon hearing Dominic out, she shrugs. "See any contest halls?"

thedanster7000
2016-07-31, 04:03 AM
Your drinks arrive; "Here we ares darlings," says the wait(er?), their muscles bulging,"I assume you're here to win the contest and fight old Snap, eh? How exciting!"

"Snap" is the current champion, who lives on Domus, is in charge of organising the contest, and who will be replaced if beaten by the new champion.

Capt. Infinity
2016-07-31, 02:22 PM
Raimundo had, mercifully, arrived via a more expeditious ferry about a half hour earlier. As a boy who grew up by the seaside, he was no stranger to boats, but anybody would get bored if the highest place to stand on was the roof of a passenger ship for several hours.

For the last long while, the young parkour enthusiast had seen fit to spend some time basking in the sun on the roof of the mess hall, which had proven to be the first legitimate climbing endeavour in faaaar too long.

However, the thing that brought him out of his revelry was the sudden appearance of a surge of new trainers on the dockyard. Specifically two trainers in particular. One was a waifish girl in a tracksuit with a Ralts, the other one was a veritable giant, towering over everyone else on board as he stepped on to the wooden platform. That would've been reason enough to be noteworthy, but then the boy in question took off like a racecar all across the pier, and suddenly Raimundo was legitimately intrigued.

For his part, the Electric-inclined trainer saw no need to seek this new challenger out, instead waiting for the man to come to him. And come to him he did, sitting down under the gazebo with his apparent companion, the girl from earlier. In the time he sat above them on the roof of the building, Rai managed to pick up their names, Cassandra and Dominic. Definitely not the kind of name he'd have heard back home, but that just made him more curious.

With little else to do, and with no need for prompting, the spiky haired trainer rose to his feet, readjusted his jogging jacket and, in one smooth motion stepped off the roof of the mess hall, landing daintily and with a light cloud of dust just in front of the edgeward table of the two intrepid trainers.

His back initially two them, the young man slowly turns as he stretches from his long rest. For a split second, it almost looked as if tiny arcs of electricity were playing across his back and hair as he does so, but the visual passes so fast, it's hard to be sure.

"Snap huh? Well, I'm pretty sure that's everyone's goal to some degree. But it's not like it's the only reason people like us are here. Some of us just felt like a change of scenery. Some of us just came here looking for a challenge." The man turns, revealing a shock of yellow hair between his brows, resting above the sharp and smiling face of a young, well tanned young man. He leans over the gazebo's railing at the two trainers and waitstaff individual, extending a hand out casually.

"The name's Raimundo. Raimundo Tueno. But everyone just calls me Rai. Pleased to meet ya!"

Doc_Maynot
2016-07-31, 02:34 PM
Cassandra, taking a bite of her ice cream looks at the blonde man and his hand with a deadpan stare before leaning over towards Dominic and talking in a loud whisper. "If that's this Snap guy wearing some sort of wig, you owe me the money I spent on the ferry ticket."

thedanster7000
2016-07-31, 04:57 PM
"Ooh!" exclaims the wait(er), surprised by Rai's entrance, "Well done; how exciting! Can I get you anything, young man?"

Some of the other trainers and Poke'mon around the room glance at Rai in surprise or irritance before returning to eating and planning their victory.

Capt. Infinity
2016-07-31, 05:12 PM
"Soda please. I could really use the refreshment. The sun just doesn't quit on days like these." Rai smiles at the wait...person, before turning back to the mountain of a man before him, waiting for his response.

INoKnowNames
2016-07-31, 06:28 PM
"It's a possibility, I don't think this could be the Champion, nor the Contesta Spectacular" Dom quietly muses to Cassie, after all but surprisedly drinking in the appearance and demeanor of this new persona. "If it was, then we would be very lucky to have them greet us directly, even in disguise, wouldn't we?" Laurence instantly starts glaring, annoyed at both boys, looking back from the ostentatious outsider whom he already distrusts, to his fool-of-a-took trainer for the trouble he was sure to attract soon.

Though not nearly as impression minded as Raimundo, he feels the need to respect the effort put into the greeting all the same, rising to his full and considerable height from his chair, and tensing shoulder and arm muscles to emphasize his build; he shakes the newcomer's hand with just enough pressure to note that the guns aren't just for show. "Well hello, Rai! Dominic Maxwell here, Dom to friends", he properly affects a greeting. "This is my friend Cassandra, as well as our partners, Laurence and Skylar." he indicates to each of his traveling companions, before sitting down and gesturing towards an additional chair. Laurence darkly shakes his head before taking back his spot and snatching more of the mixed fruit. "Are you a local from around here, or a foreigner? I was hoping for a bit someone could help us find our way around, just to be sure of what to do here. Assuming our polite server couldn't stay to clear up a few details; I'd hate to interrupt someone's job..."

Capt. Infinity
2016-07-31, 07:18 PM
"Pleased to meet'cha, Dominic!" Rai grins back, attempting to match the burly trainer's handshake strength pascal for pascal and, when that plan eventually falters, adding just enough of an electrical charge to leave a sensation of literal energy coursing through the young parkour enthusiast for his new acquaintance. Always good to give his new friends a taste of what he's made of, right? When offered a spot to sit, Raimundo, rather than simply walk around to the entrance or vault the gazebo's railing, jumps from standing into a frontflip, landing directly onto the chair that was offered.

"Nice to meet all of you." He smiles upon being introduced to everyone around him, before reaching for his belt and drawing forth a single Pokéball. A casual toss causes the mechanism to activate, releasing a single Elekid in a bright flash of bluish-white light.

"Elekid!"

"This is Volt. He was taking a much-needed rest in his Pokéball for a little while after getting overheated on the boat ride here. He's good now though, aren't you Volt?"

"Kid. Elekid!" The plug-headed yellow creature nods, before waving to the two other Pokémon present at the table, even going so far as to walk up to Laurence's place on the floor and reach out a hand, attempting to shake it.

Raimundo addresses the lines of questioning. "Nah. I'm a traveller, just like you two. I came here because it seemed like a great way to see new sights and train ol' Volt here at the same time. I probably know even less than you guys do, honestly." He shrugs, before turning to the waitstaff at his side. "Dom's got a point there. Care to help out some clueless foreigners, friend? It sounds like there's a bit of a commotion by the town entrance, and I'm not sure if a trip to Infant Isle is a recommendation, or a necessity. Any pointers for some newbies?"

Doc_Maynot
2016-07-31, 07:29 PM
Cassandra seems enthralled by the Elekid while slowly taking the map out of her bag and sliding it into Rai's collar. "This might help, not that it says much. But it only cost 5 dollars... So..." She decides to shrug instead of ending her sentence, going back to her ice cream, while looking at Volt.

Meanwhile Skylar finally finishes his ice cream, and face and hands still covered in chocolate climbs up on the table and offers Rai a hand. 'Nice to meet you Mister Tueno. I am Skylar.'

Capt. Infinity
2016-07-31, 07:58 PM
Raimundo is surprised by the level of forwardness with Cassandra's gifting, but is nonetheless appreciative. "Thanks, Cassandra! That means a lot. I don't suppose you ever go by Cass or Cassie?Not that it's necessary, it's just quicker to say." Rai is caught off-guard, but not necessarily surprised by Skylar suddenly talking. After all, it's not an unheard of thing with Psychic type Pokémon. Regardless, Rai happily shakes the Ralts's extended hand, dirtiness or no.

"Nice to meet you too, Skylar." The young trainer smiles, retracting his hand and, after pausing to take note of the chocolate residue, shrugs and removes it in one lick, enjoying the shock of chocolate to his taste buds. "You, ah, you got a little bit of a mess on your face and... hands? I wanna say hands." Raimundo explains, handing Skylar a napkin.

Doc_Maynot
2016-07-31, 08:29 PM
Cassandra shrugs again in response. "Whichever." She finally stops looking at Volt. However she gets off of her chair and starts digging through her luggage. Putting a couple dresses of hers, and accessories for Skylar on the chair next to her as she digs.

Skylar look at his hands and starts licking them clean. 'Thank yo-' Cassie has stopped her digging and forces a freshly pulled wet nap into his hands before continuing to dig. He gives her a lighthearted grumble before wiping himself clean. 'Did you pick your hair to match Volt's or did you become friends with Volt to match your hair?'

Capt. Infinity
2016-07-31, 11:09 PM
Rai looks up at his own hair, realizing, perhaps for the first time, that the yellow on the front of his hair was almost the exact same shade of yellow as Volt's body. He chuckles. "Neither. Just a happy coincidence. We actually became friends over shared interests. I was roof jumping one afernoon and I saw Volt trying to tightrope walk over a clothesline. He slipped and nearly fell a ways, but I caught him in time to slide down a lone and faceplant a fire stairwell. It wasn't the best introduction, but I was glad he was safe. We hit it off from there, and the rest is history." The young trainer gives a curious look. "What about you? What brought you and Cassie together? Is it because you both love Contests?" He asks, eyeing the rapidly growing pile of cute outfits on the once empty chair.

INoKnowNames
2016-08-01, 11:34 AM
Dom was used to getting strong grips from other trainers. With several years at the dojo under his belt, that was to be expected, though still notable. If that was to be a clue that Rai was someone with great inner strength, its relevance was nothing compared to the shock Dom felt move through his muscles. Despite the grandstanding, there must be quite a bit more to Rai than other "normal" trainers, like himself and Cassie. Even if the Champion or Top Coordinator hadn't just sat down, Rai gave plenty of reason to be curious about his presence.

As a potential new friend makes progress with his best friend, Dom smiles, and is content to take a back seat to the conversation. An odd thought occurs in the back of his head; he wonders whether or not to invite Rai and Volt with them; he seemed interesting enough, and would make for a particularly powerful training partner and comrade - Dom's eyes sparkled for a moment as he nodded at this thought.

A growl brought him out of his momentary cloudy state and drew his attention away from Rai, Cassie, and Skylar. Dominic did his best to draw Laurence's attention without distracting the others, for the Riolu shared nothing but thinly veiled contempt at Volt's attempt at an introduction. And while Dom couldn't blame his little buddy for his nature, given Laur's past, he felt there was no need for it, at the moment at least. Glancing at the others as they talk, he nudges Laur's tail, and whispers "Behave yourself" once Laur catches his eye. The Emanation Pokemon dejectedly sighs, returns Volt's handshake very briefly, and allows the Elekid access to the fruit rather begrudgingly.

Doc_Maynot
2016-08-01, 01:58 PM
Skylar turns towards Cassandra, a melancholy look upon his face. 'I was looking for a trainer to help me be as awesome as I know I could be... And she seemed nice enough. She even buys me ribbons and clothes, and likes doing contests with me!' He begins doing a small, excited dance on the table.

Meanwhile Cassandra has stopped her searching with a tired smile on her face. She seems to have found a small Yellow bow, and with or without Volt's permission ties it in front of his neck, looking like a small bow-tie. After she gives him a small pat on the head and starts haphazardly stuffing the items back into the luggage once more.

Charm roll if needed [roll0]

Capt. Infinity
2016-08-01, 03:40 PM
Volt, initially saddened by Laurence's sour disposition, is surprised, then delighted by Cassandra's wonderful gift. He blushes, bowing his head in thanks for the wonderful new gift.

"Elekid!" He cheers, before sitting down and, tentatively, enjoying some of the fruit on offer.

Rai smiles. "Hey, looking good Volt!" He grins, before turning to the absolutely adorable creature before him. "Now that's the kind of attitude I like, little guy. Tell you what. With that kind of view on the world, and someone like Cassandra by your side, you can be the most awesome Contest star the world has ever seen!"

He looks at Dominic and Cassandra, the young trainer seemingly weighing some options in his mind. "Look, I know I just sort of dropped in on you guys. Literally. But I was just wondering... See, I just kinda started to realize how much it's gonna suck to not have a ton of people to talk to if I went out on my own on this adventure. And, as much as I enjoy Volt's company, you all seem to have the right idea going, travelling in a group. It makes things interesting. I don't suppose..." He looks kinda sheepish. "I don't suppose you'd mind me tagging along for a little bit? Just to see how it goes, of course. If you guys don't like hanging out with me, I'll be gone before you can finish the sentence. Just give me a chance, please?" Raimundo smiles, trying to appeal to the seemingly nice people who's lives he had just fallen into.

INoKnowNames
2016-08-02, 01:37 PM
At Rai's the beginning of Rai's request, Laur stares at him, his eyes glowing, as he senses out the boy's intentions before he can even finish wording his request. Laur's irises shrink, as he looks back from Rai to Dom, as he could too detect his trainer's feelings on the soon-to-be-announced subject. After a few frantic looks back and forth, the Riolu hides his head in his hands, his fate already pre-decided.

Likewise, Dominic, having just had the thought on his mind, knows exactly what Raimundo was going to ask, at the change of expression and at the word "know". His eyes all but twinkle at the prospect; Rai's phenomena drew curiosity, particularly concerning odd happenings in Dom's own life, and Dom figured both Rai and Volt would make great training partners, maybe even teachers, for he and Laur. One glance at the Elekid and a cursory recollection of his academy memories has Dom convinced that Laur has to work a bit harder to be a consistent challenge against Volt, at least for now.

"You must have read my mind." Dom responds. "I was going to ask the same thing. Even if we're a bit lost for right now, adding one more to the group wouldn't make us more lost; might make certain things quite easier on us for right now." He stands up again, stretching his back and smiling. "You're more than welcome to come along with us, Rai; the more the merrier.." For a moment, the smile flickers, though it returns, admittedly slightly veiled by a look of consideration, as his gaze shifts to Cassandra. "At least, if that's okay with everyone else." he adds, a little sheepishly himself.

Laur's head jolts out of his hands, and he looks expectantly at Cassie, his last hope.

Doc_Maynot
2016-08-02, 05:01 PM
Cassandra breaks from her haphazard luggage stuffing to lazily look between the two men. Her gaze then shifts to the desperate Laurence. A weak grin breaks on her face, "I guess..." She sets the Pokédex on the table and continues her stuffing. "My 'Dex is on the fritz, but whatever your Volt is he's cute. I'd love taking him into a few contests, if you'd let me."

Skylar meanwhile has jumped off the table and digs through the luggage while Cassie is putting things back in.

Capt. Infinity
2016-08-03, 01:22 AM
Raimundo's smile grows intensely as his new friends offer him a spot in their group. "Thanks a million for giving me the chance, man!" He cheers at Dominic for being so accepting, before turning to Cassandra. He lifts an eyebrow questioningly at her tale of Pokédex troubles. "He's... He's an Elekid. That's... why he keeps saying 'Elekid'."

"Elekid." Volt nods in agreement.

Rai shakes his head, returning to the situation at hand. "That sounds fun though! I definitely wouldn't mind it, but you'd have to ask Volt. What'ya say, Volt? You wanna try out a contest or two?"

Volt looks ponderous, a hand under his mouth, before smiling and nodding in agreement once more. "Elekid!"

"Good to hear, buddy!" Raimundo smiles, genuinely happy at the way things worked out.

INoKnowNames
2016-08-04, 06:32 PM
Eyes wide, irises shrunken, Laur hangs his head in defeat, a faint sigh tickling the air, as he busies himself with the rest of the fruit. Dom's reaction could be no less the opposite; a smile of sheer enthusiasm and an excited glint in his eye, as he offers Rai a fist bump he almost assuredly assumes Rai would accept. "All settled, then! Welcome to the dream team!"

Regardless of Rai's response to this, Dom looks at Cassie's Pokedex. "In her defense, some Pokemon aren't entirely clear about how they sound either. Most Onix aren't quite so articulate. And we -do- need to visit Infant Isle, just to get our devices taken care of. Wasn't entirely sure if that would handle any registration needed to attend the contests and competitions here, though. We -can- find out, though, can't we."

And with that, Dom either leads the way, or seeks out the server himself, to ask them about directions to the potential next steps for the group, Laur trailing along to follow his trainer out of habit.

I get the feeling it might be time to potentially move to the next spot? Or are we going to get a random encounter while we're finishing eating?

Doc_Maynot
2016-08-05, 11:09 AM
Cassandra finishes stuff her items back into her luggage just in time to get back to her ice cream... That Skylar decided to start eating. "Why you..." She makes a frustrated sigh. "Yeah, I suppose we should get going to that island. The quicker we go, the quicker we can try for that badge or whatever they do here..." Cassandra starts dragging the luggage as she leaves the hall, Skylar follows behind quickly eating the rest of the cone.

INoKnowNames
2016-08-07, 05:50 AM
After a few minutes, Dom exists the Mess Hall and catches back up with the rest of the gang, balancing a cup of water for each of them in his arms. "Well, it's pretty straight forward." he explains, Laur helping pass out the refreshments once they get close enough. "They've got locations for all kinds of competitions, but right now they're still working on the interior of the city and wanted to keep out the media to prevent any early leaks of information." Once his hands are free, Dom attempts to carry Cassie's luggage for her, while continuing with what he learned. "We'll probably be able to come back here later, but sharing a couple of scooters and getting registered with the regional expert is the only thing we're really able to do right now." His eyes fall to the ground. "I... I don't think I'll be able to operate a sea-scooter safely; I'm not much of a driver, even on land..."

Trying to make sure to do my part to keep the party-train rolling! ^_^

That said, I'll be busy later today too (not work, just random stuff), so I might not be on again until tonight, if I don't get anything out in response to anyone else before like, 1 pm my time.

For possibly missing context, Dom pestering the bartender for additional info (and last minute drinks for everyone) might have been cut for time and born from ooc info. ^_^;

thedanster7000
2016-08-07, 02:54 PM
In the deep, clear waters down from the polished cobblestone, far under which magikarp are visible, are a few shining sea scooters, grey and blue jet skis, awaiting their trip to Infant Isle.

Doc_Maynot
2016-08-07, 03:36 PM
Cassie will insist on dragging her luggage herself, loading it onto the scooter? She'd ask Dom for help.
"Well maybe this tournament isn't as well organized as we thought... If they can't even get things ready in time." She sighs. "But sure lets get registered, even if Skylar doesn't want to fight-" 'Which I do, it looks like fun.' "Either way, I'll catch a few more to compete for some extra money. It shouldn't hurt. Especially with the wardrobe budget... And the poffins-" 'Macaroons are an always food!' "Well, either way it can get expensive, and that's assuming contests here don't have an entry fee. I know back home they had a $10 one..." She shrugs. "You know I don't know the first thing about scootering."

Anyone nearby the scooters fishing?

Capt. Infinity
2016-08-07, 04:18 PM
"Wait... Entry fee?" Raimundo stops dead, feeling around in his jacket and jeans, before pulling his pockets inside out to reveal them as empty.

"Yeah... Here's hoping the entree fee is the same as the mess hall fee: Non-existent."

"Elekid."

Doc_Maynot
2016-08-07, 04:59 PM
"Contest entry fee. Pretty sure the tournaments get paid for by like... Sponsor deals and advertising or something." She pulls out a pair of sunglass attachments to her glasses from her bag. "Though maybe I could find a fashionista to sponsor my wardrobe. The poffins though..." Skylar has a glazed over, but contented look on him, still thinking of the poffins mentioned earlier. "We'll probably need to cut back. Majorly..." This breaks Skylar out of his daze and he appears shocked, almost insulted.

INoKnowNames
2016-08-08, 04:32 AM
"We might have to pay a little bit... I've got some spare money on me, if it comes down to it." Dom pipes in, looking at his own wallet. "It's not much, but could be enough to get us into a few events... "All this really means is that once we officially join the competitive scene, we've got to start winning, just to be able to stay active. Or find an additional source of income. I wouldn't hope for a sponsor yet, but maybe a few bets against others on our level might be fine to get us going until we can get established."

Looking at the scooters, he sighs. "I mean, I can try to pilot one. They can't be too difficult, I guess, can they?" After a moment, Dom looks around for some sign of staff "Hello? Care if we use a couple of these?" he asks, while unzipping the front of his jumpsuit. "Wonder if I should change into my swim-clothes. Rather not spend too much time wet..." he muses to himself as he waits.

During all of this, Laurence has moved to the edge of the cobblestone, bending down towards the water. A snort, followed by an amused grin, precede Laur striking the water, making progressively bigger splashes with each hit. He eyes the Magikarp under the surface with amused interest, wondering if they'd notice his antics.

If no npcs are nearby, hope we don't get in trouble for "stealing" these. Gonna wait to see if we can find someone or not before using one.

Also, Laur's not always rude, nor always above it all!

thedanster7000
2016-08-08, 11:25 AM
A sign next to the scooters informs you that they're free for public use.

Capt. Infinity
2016-08-08, 02:33 PM
"Ah. Who cares about swim trunks? You only need to worry about getting wet if you mess up!" Raimundo cheers.

Volt cheers at his trainer's acrobatic success, but is momentarily distracted by Laurence's attempts to create lasting splashes. Seeing it as an attempt to make a better impression, he walks up to Laurence and taps him on the shoulder. Once his attention is got, the Electric type pokémon smiles at the Riolu.

"Elekid! Elekid Elekid!" Volt motions cheerfully to a nearby garbage can, before running over to it and picking something up from beside it. Returning from the garbage can, Volt displays his find, revealing a clump of tinfoil, likely used to wrap a meal from the mess hall, and a small rock from beside the can. Wrapping the stone in the tinfoil, the Electric pokemon winds up his arm slightly. "Eleeee... Kid!" With one massive swing of his broad arm, Volt hurls the tinfoil into the water by the dockside, the ball sinking thanks to the added weight of the stone.

Volt then begins spinning his arms in a windmill fashion, electricity arcing across his body and between his plug-shaped horns as he does so. "El...Le...Kiiiiiiiid!" The Electric pokemon shouts, before discharging a large Thunder Shock straight into the water, conducting the bolt into the now-sinking tinfoil. The rapid increase in charge electrolyses the water immediately surrounding the shocked tin foil ball, producing a sudden surge of hydrogen and oxygen bubbles which, in no time at all, ignite with one another, creating a massive shockwave beneath the waves.

Volt, Laurence, Skylar, and everyone else by the docks are suddenly and violently surprised by the HUMONGOUS explosion of water, the rapidly expanding underwater explosion sending gallons and gallons of liquid skyward, before having it all come crashing back down in a deluge of staggering volume and force.

"...Or, I guess, when you do that." Raimundo sputters, his short hair matted to his head from the sudden soaking. "Neat trick Volt."

"Elekid!"

"Sooo... Is there, like, a changeroom somewhere? Or do we just change in the ocean?"

INoKnowNames
2016-08-08, 05:03 PM
Laur watches the Electric Pokemon with dislike as Volt rummages around, and bemusement as it fiddles with the trash. As Volt winds up to unleash his power, instinct moves Laurence to act not a moment too soon, quickly throwing a lightning-fast kick in the path of the water, diverting the section that would have soaked him to the bone. Indeed, the ground around the little Riolu still remained sun-kissed, with his disposition towards Volt about as heated.

Dominic had no such luck, on the other hand. Sighing, he continues taking off his sopping wet clothing. "You might need to change in the water if you weren't ready for this sort of thing, Rai. Thank goodness we got the water-resistant bags." he remarks to Cassie, as he clears his shirt, revealing a well maintained physique covered in scars and scratches. "Or else that'd have been a little less amusing than it was. I told you it was a good idea to be prepared if we might have to island-hop or stay on the beach." he finishes, fully stripping down to the swim-trunks worn underneath all else, and stowing his soaked rags into a section of his bag.

Doing his best to stay focused on the task at hand and away from any potential distractions, he looks at each of the available Sea-Scooters while letting his friends mitigate Volt's trick. Picking one of the larger ones, he looks over the controls, then works mount his bag, and Cassie's, once she's finished with it, to the back of it. "Right. I'll try to go as carefully as possible and use this one for two, so Cassie can just ride along. Rai, maybe you can use one of the smaller, sportier models. I think you could make good work of it." With their consent, he mounts his scooter, holding out a hand to help Cassie climb on.

Doc_Maynot
2016-08-08, 05:49 PM
Skylar takes the opportunity of already being wet to jump into the water and swim a bit.

Cassandra takes off her glasses and tries to shake them dry. "I guess that extra fifty dollars wasn't wasted after all..." Taking off her sweats and revealing her blue one-piece suit with a built in skirt, she stuffs her wet clothes in with Dom's in his bag. Then she pulls a small pink and cream colored ball out of her luggage. "Come on Skylar, I don't want you to fall off..."
He crosses his arms and pouts.
"I mean... I could just leave you here, and we'll battle the gym without you~" She gives him a small pout in return. "But I don't want to go without my little guy..."
He tears up and jumps out of the water to hug her while she stores him away in the heal ball.

Totally just used Baby Doll Eyes on my own Pokemon, no regrets.

Capt. Infinity
2016-08-09, 12:45 AM
"Pfft. Not come prepared? Please, I've lived by the seaside my whole life!" Rai explains, before pulling a similar act and stripping down to his swim shorts, coloured the same yellow as his (thankfully waterproof) sport jacket. The young man's physique, whilst not quite as brawny as Dominic's, was still very toned and well-muscled, with a smattering of cuts and scars on his hands, knees, and elbows from a lifetime of succeeding at jumps to varying degrees of efficiency.

Upon hearing mention of waterproof supplies, Raimundo stops dead. "...Oh." He opens his backpack, revealing an utterly soaked sleeping bag, but a mercifully dry flashlight and lighter. "Oh, phew! The sleeping bag took the brunt of the water. I guess that means I'm sleeping in the trees tonight." He shrugs. "Hey Volt! You wanna ride backseat on the fancy one?" Raimundo gestures to the conveniently coloured lightning yellow sport jet ski by the dockside.

Volt grins like mad, and nods furiously. "Elekid!"

With all the assurance he needs, Raimundo jumps from the dockyard onto the jetski from standing, landing with the greatest of ease, with Volt following shortly thereafter, albeit from the water's edge and with a running start. "Ready when you are!"

thedanster7000
2016-08-09, 11:48 AM
The sea scooters are incredibly easy to use (they're designed to be, even having an autopilot), and all three scooters speed off towards the distant dot in the sunlight that is Infant Isle. After an hour or so, the island becomes visible; a luscious beach inhabited by a few poliwhirl has an unusual Pokémon Centre in a rock face at the back of it. The beach ends at a grassy trail that leads up onto a huge field with a few scattered trees, and in the middle is a huge mountain that blocks the back of the island from view. At the top of the mountain is what looks like a temple, some azurill visible on it. The left of the field is blocked by a large rock face with a ladder up the side.

INoKnowNames
2016-08-11, 03:18 PM
As Dominic checked the controls one last time and prepared to go, a second engine other than his own starting up drew his attention away from the sensation while sitting atop his vehicle. Laurence had followed RaiVolt's examples and leaped atop a 3rd Scooter, and had not hesitated in starting it up himself. "Gah, you reckless little..." he breathes, quickly starting up his to stay close.

After a while, the ease at which they rode drove any fear, and a bit of Dom's unease, away along the waves, and soon Skylar had made an appearance to play on Laur's Scooter, too. Dom appreciated the mental distraction, and whittled away as much time as possible while waiting to arrive pointing out any interesting sight that came by, from any Pokemon that flew above to any denizen of the seas below, with admittedly questionable accuracy.

Once they arrive, Dom makes sure to get on solid footing quickly, chancing helping his companion and their bags off the Scooter safely. Laurence moves the length of the scooter to perform another jump to get back to solid ground, barely making it without hitting the water. A bad landing necessitated a roll along the beach to not fall outright. Dusting some stand off of his fur, he scoffs, throws an amused smile back at the vehicle, then looks at their new surroundings with a mix of aloofness and mild interest.

"Darn motion sickness..." Dom remarks, rubbing his face for a moment, as he pulls out one of the other jump-suits he packed in his bag. "Right. We could ask for directions at the center, charge right up to that neat looking temple we spotted from the seas, or try to climb the rock-face. What do you guys think? I wouldn't mind trying to check that rock-face myself, but..." he asks the others, as he decides on wearing just the unzipped top, leaving him looking quite appropriate for the beach-side scenery.

[roll0] Gonna add his response based on the roll. Added. Looks like he's up for Rock-Climbing right now.

I forget how Guile checks need to be maintained. Is it just when a lie is uttered, or if anyone tries to check to see if he's lying? It's obvious as heck OOC, but IC...

Felt like going with a few things, provided no one objected to me playing around a bit, too. :smallwink:

I can't help but think of something like this (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jK59idloRkM) when someone mentions the Beach now.

Capt. Infinity
2016-08-21, 10:51 AM
Raimundo, apparently having an intuitive knowledge of all things that involved motor skills, took to the sea scooters like it was second nature, rocketing across the ocean with little effort. "Wahoo!"

"Elekiiiiiiid!!!" Volt cheers, holding on for dear life to Rai's backside and having a blast all the while.

When they approached dry land Raimundo only put in nominal effort to slow down, deaccelerating just enough so that the sea scooter didn't fly into the shoreline, and instead slid up the sandbank before coming to a firm stop. Raimundo, rolling with the momentum, vaults the front of his scooter, flying several meters skyward in a double frontflip, before performing a flawless two-point landing on the sandy beach below.

He stretches his back in the warm sun, before smiling at Dominic. "I'm good to start climbing if you are. Though, on second thought, we should probably swing by the Pokécentre, just to make sure that isn't where we fully activate our dexs."

Assuming that ISN'T where we activate our dexs, Danster, take my vote as being to climb the mountain.

Doc_Maynot
2016-08-28, 06:58 PM
As Cassie gets off the scooter she takes a moment to take all of it in, it really was a fledgling trainers dream, the trees, the forest, the local pokecenter, the- "Azurill? I need to get one of those!" Skylar gives her a look. "Look, the competition may require you having a few friends, better make sure they are ones that help you look better, right?" He seems to relent just as Cassie finally processes what the other two said.
"Uhh... Probably should check in with the 'center first. See what the rules are...?"

Yeah, I thought I posted, but I guess my phone didn't send it or something? Then I was told I hadn't by INoKnow, so I posted again... Well... Tried to post. Lets just say I'm not using my phone anymore on this darn site.

thedanster7000
2016-08-29, 08:47 AM
The front of the Pokémon centre has a large decorative shell with a Pokéball in the middle that is lit up. It's rather unorthodox as far as centres go, with blue double doors and white stone walls. Inside, everything's very well lit by shell-shaped lights, the walls are matt white, along with the furniture, although most of that is tinted blue slightly. The main room is centred around a large pillar, assumedly necessitated by the fact it's built in a mountain. A desk circles around the pillar, a nurse and some medical devices is behind it, facing the door. A PC, an ATM, and a small shop are all placed around the inside of the desk. A set of double doors opposite the entrance labelled 'Commons' are the same blue as the front doors.

The nurse looks at you as you enter before he greets you in a friendly manner.

Capt. Infinity
2016-08-30, 08:16 PM
"Hey there!" Rai greets the nurse as he enters. "We were just passing through on a tour, what with the main isle being under development at the moment. I don't suppose you know how we could get our Pokédexs activated, do you? We were under the impression you could unlock it somewhere on the island." The parkour enthusiast trainer gives a winning smile as he leans into the desk with the palms of his hands, eager for an answer.

thedanster7000
2016-08-31, 02:53 AM
"Up at the shrine at the top of the mountain," he replies with a smile, "You can get up through some caves around the back of the mountain."

INoKnowNames
2016-09-03, 05:39 AM
"And here I was going to consider not only the wrong direction, but going at it the hard way." Dominic laughs, somewhat nervously, corralling behind the others. "I do wonder what lies on that cliff, though..... Well then, may I please ask if anything need be done to be allowed to stay at the Commons for a bit, assuming we might spend some time on this island?" he adds to the nurse.

thedanster7000
2016-09-03, 07:22 AM
"Go on through, these commons are commonly used to trade Pokémon in, although we haven't had many trainers here yet. There's a notice board back there as well to keep you up to date on the competition."

Doc_Maynot
2016-09-03, 09:43 AM
Cassandra has already made her way to the PC to send out a few updates to her and Dom's families about their trip so far, before spending the rest of the time the group is here looking up contest videos for ideas.

Capt. Infinity
2016-09-03, 10:52 AM
Raimundo pauses to consider the nurses words. "So, the tunnels are the main way up to the temple. Now, this may sound a bit... strange, but if someone were to consider, oh I don't know, freehand climbing the mountain, would that ladder and cliff face have anything resembling a path to follow up there? Or does the cliff lead somewhere else? Rai asks, attempting to seem as calm as possible as he "deftly" tries to enable his love of climbing things.

thedanster7000
2016-09-03, 11:18 AM
"Well theoretically it's possible I guess... You must be really good to attempt that, it's so steep! Especially with all the Pokémon around! If you manage it, tell me if you get the chance, that's so impressive!"

Capt. Infinity
2016-09-03, 11:30 AM
Raimundo grins sheepishly. "Hey now, nothing's set in stone yet. I still need the green light from my companions. I know Volt's all for it."

"Elekid!" The electric Pokémon cheers.

"But I'm not about to leave you guys behind after having just met you." The agile trainer explains to his compatriots. "So, what'ya say guys? You up for it? Or do you wanna try the cave instead?"

Doc_Maynot
2016-09-03, 11:33 AM
Currently half watching last year's Kanto finals, Cassie hears the conversation. "I mean, I can't climb to save my life, so I think I'll just risk the caves..." She closes it out and starts a different video. "But I mean... Go ahead and try."

INoKnowNames
2016-09-09, 05:04 PM
"I wasn't even really thinking about it when I first suggested it." Dom redfacedly replies, scratching the back of his head with one arm, both weighed down by his and Cassie's bags. "If we -are- staying here for a bit longer, then I might try it on my own time, but staying together sounds like a better option. If we're ready, we could go right now... after putting these away in a room or something..." He glances at both friends, old and new, and then looks at his own feet, suddenly a bit Mareepish. Laurence had been following along only faintly, but at his master's change in disposition, he rises from his sitting position nearby and sighs, before ambling over to Cassie, and tugging on her clothing, looking quite deadpan.

I wonder if anyone else noticed the Donphan in the room of their appearance at this moment before. I couldn't help but lampshade it since it hadn't been caught by now yet. :smalltongue:

If no one feels like making light of this (or if we're going to continue on as is), then I think I'm ready to continue. And I should be able to keep up for now.

Doc_Maynot
2016-09-09, 06:34 PM
Cassandra notices the riolu tugging on the skirt of her swimsuit. "Hmm?" She asks, her gaze still not being pulled from the PC.

Meanwhile Skylar has taken the heal ball Cassie used to "catch" him, and is trying to talk to the nurse. 'So you're a nurse too, huh?'

Capt. Infinity
2016-09-09, 09:20 PM
Raimundo shrugs. "Eh. No big deal. I can climb it on my own time. I'm with you Dom, we should stick together." He turns back to the nurse. "I don't suppose there's somewhere here or nearby that we could rest up for a while, is there?" Raimundo's eyes follow Laurence's motion across the room, then looks down upon seeing him tug at Cassie's swimsuit, suddenly realizing why the whole building felt so drafty up till now. "...And possibly somewhere where we could dry some sea-soaked clothing while we're at it?"

thedanster7000
2016-09-17, 02:34 AM
"Well, the common room's always open to trainers. There're places to change in there, go right in!" replies the nurse with a smile.

thedanster7000
2016-11-06, 01:18 PM
You emerge from the Centre rested and dry into a pleasant breeze in the reasonable heat. The beach is inhabited by some Marill and Buizel, ripe for the catching!

INoKnowNames
2016-11-11, 02:34 PM
Stepping out into the sun again, Dominic stretches his shoulders and each leg, eager to get a bit more training or traveling done while time and daylight's still on their side. "Ready to get a bit sweaty, Laurence?" he asks his partner as they lead the pack. As Laurence growls in agreement while cracking his knuckles, both trainer and Pokemon look around for willing and proper competition.

Poke Ed': [roll0]
Intuition [roll1]
Perception [roll2]

There's actually a very specific Pokemon on my wish-list that I want to capture (specifically Tympole). If not yet available, I'd settle for trying to see what other Pokemon are available, other than Marril and Buizel, before starting combat against them. I don't think I have the feature that would allow me to check the abilities of an individual specimen, but I'd also like to make sure I don't throw Laurence into a battle over his head.

thedanster7000
2016-11-12, 06:13 AM
Dominic scours the beach and does indeed spot a Tympole at the edge of the water that's inspecting the sea scooters curiously.

If anyone else wants to find anything specific, say, and I'll have a Roll20 layout of the beach up after everyone's ready.

Capt. Infinity
2016-11-12, 09:27 PM
Raimundo looks around eagerly, clearly enjoying the sun and fresh air.

"Feel like making some friends, Volt?" The boy grins cheerily.

"Eleeeekid!" The Elekid gives a thumbs up and a smile to his trainer, eager to begin.

"Allright then! Race ya there!" The young acrobat breaks into a sudden sprint, making a beeline for the water and, incidentally, in the same direction as his companion Dominic, with Volt quickly racing behind him.

I'd be silly to miss this opportunity to find one of the few appropriate Pokémon currently on my list. May I please get one Chinchou by the water, please? Or maybe a Joltik in the sands, I suppose. If you feel like throwing a curve ball at me.

INoKnowNames
2016-11-28, 05:55 PM
As Rai and Volt run forward, something stirs in Dominic. A reckless impulse. A foolhardy desire. A stupid thought that’s plagued him on more than one occasion. He smiles, a somewhat wolfish grin, which widens as he shares a glance with Laurence, mirroring his mood and expression for different yet familiar reasons.

With a glance back at his last companions, and a nod to his partner, Dom advances toward the Tympole, wondering exactly who should begin the attack first as he flexes his limbs while approaching, ready to get his hands dirty. Laurence performs windmill stretches as he steps in place, growling at the tadpole Pokemon.

Just as a bump. I think we can get at least 2 fights ready to begin, and the 3rd once Doc's a bit healthier.

INoKnowNames
2016-12-05, 04:56 PM
"Alright, Laurence! Let's go together!" "Rah!"

With that, Dominic and his Riolu charge forward, targetting the Tymple. They run forward in unison, splitting up just as they get near to attack it from different directions; Laurence using his momentum to cartwheel into place and launch a flying kick at high speed, and Dominic kicking hard from the sand to strike as hard as possible.

From our starting position, both Laurence and Dominic's 6 ft of overland gets them both into position to flank the Tympole. I'd hoped this would allow for them to be able to flank it, since they're non-adjacent to each other while adjacent to it. But I wouldn't be too surprised if not; gotta win it the hard way if that's the case.

Laurence's Quick Attack: [roll0] vs a minimum AC of 2.
Quick Attack's Damage: [roll1] -the Tympole's defense of at least 4 (not counting nature).

Dominic's Rock Smash: [roll2] vs a minimum AC of 2. The Tympole's defense drops one stage on a roll of 17 or more.
Rock Smash's Damage: [roll3] -the Tympole's defense of at least 4 (not counting nature).

Glad Quick Attack has Priority. If I lowered its defense with Rock Smash, it might get slaughtered... hope my damage isn't too high...

Slight color fix, and WOW THAT DAMAGE. If it's still at level 1, I hope it's at least got 2 points in HP and Defense! >.<

Capt. Infinity
2016-12-07, 01:48 AM
"Oh no you don't!" Rai shouts out towards Dominic, "You aren't gonna show us up that easily! Game time, Volt!"

"Kikikid!" The Elekid intones, rushing forward alongside his trainer.

Upon reaching the shoreline, Raimundo rushes past his Pokémon, making a beeline towards the water next to Dominic. "I hope you're watching carefully, Dom. This is how you really get a show on the road!" The young man grins. "Volt! Use Thunder Shock!"

"Eleeeeee..." The electric Pokémon murmurs, revving up its arms by swinging them around in circles, building up static energy between its two-prong horns.

"KIIIIIIIIID!!!" Volt shouts, unleashing a bright shock of electricity towards its waterborne target, the blast arcing over the sand towards it.

"Eaaaat THIIIIIS!" Raimundo cheers, before leaping into the air, and coming down upon the Chinchou with a diving aerial kick.

Move up towards the Chinchou, Volt moving 4 squares, and Raimundo moving 5.

Raimundo

Firing out a Shock WaveAerial Ace. Automatic hit.

Damage: [roll0] Guess what I just learned? Turns out, both Shock Wave and Aerial Ace are auto-hit moves with the same damage. No roll change needed!

Volt

Using Thunder Shock (AC 2): [roll1]

Damage: [roll2]

Doc_Maynot
2016-12-11, 05:15 PM
Meanwhile, Cassandra and Skylar wander out of the Pokecenter. She's back in her dry clothes and Skylar now wears his favorite blue bow. He goes off to play in the ocean, ignoring the battles of the others. Cass will find a place on the sand to sit and watches the events unfold, getting ready to dig into her bag.

thedanster7000
2016-12-25, 04:50 PM
Dominic and Laurence hit the tympole with immense force, instantly knocking it into swirly-eyed slumber.

Raimundo and Volt similarly smash the chinchou with their joint attacks, but it stays up and responds with a Bubble attack at Volt! It's visibly injured from the large amount of damage it has sustained.

A finneon bursts out of the water at Skylar, disturbed by the sudden assault further up the beach. It misses unluckily before spinning around for another attack. Skylar flails and connects with the finneon with reasonable force while Cassandra puts it off with a Leer. The finneon's Pound connects this time, hitting Skylar hard.

Volt takes 12 damage from the chinchou's bubble.
Skylar takes 19 damage from the finneon's Pound.

thedanster7000
2017-01-03, 07:06 AM
Skylar's attacks leave the Finneon heavily injured, and it attempts to swim away!