PDA

View Full Version : Card A Game of Thrones Card Game: Rules Clarification

VoxRationis
2016-07-12, 08:16 PM
So I got the Game of Thrones card game recently and I became confused by the ruling of a particular card. One of the plot cards in the base game's Baratheon deck has the text "search the deck for a character card, reveal it, and put it in [your] hand..."
Does this mean search the deck for a card of your choosing, or just the first one to crop up?

Jamin
2016-07-12, 09:58 PM
You would have better luck getting an answer on a site like boardgamegeek (https://boardgamegeek.com/)

Djinn_in_Tonic
2016-07-12, 11:32 PM
Usually this means "pick any one from your deck." In most games things that pick the *first* card of a type you come across specify so.

Hence the use of "search" instead of, say, "look at cards from the top of your deck until you find a character card."

CarpeGuitarrem
2016-07-12, 11:38 PM
Late at night, so I can't pull the rules out because I'm about to get to sleep, but I can 95% guarantee you that it's intended to let you pull any character card you want from the deck if it says "Search your deck for a character card". I know that House Stark has a card like that which lets you pull a location from your deck.

But yeah, it works that way in every card game I know of.