PDA

View Full Version : Everything Movies 3: The Slimey Truth

Zigwat
2016-07-13, 11:09 AM
So let's talk movies. There are many that are garbage, and shouldn't have been made in the first place. Then there are several that are classics that will never die! Then there are the underappreciated bunch, the ones made with love, but didn't have the advertisement budget to pull it completely off. What movies should we watch this weekend? What movies should we stay the hell away from and bar from the public? Anything and everything movies!

I have my favorites, and so do you! Let's chat it up a bit! Please, tell me what you hate and love about movies, which ones are the best in your opinion, and which ones should never have been made. Your favorite genres as well! There's so much in the ways of film going that really it can go on for decades and we'll never cover it all.

Favorite Movies:
10. Transformers (1986)
9. Alice in Wonderland (1951)
8. Fight Club
7. Watchmen
6. Pulp Fiction
5. Batman
4. Henry V
3. Tenacious D and the Pick of Destiny
2. Stephen King's IT
1. V for Vendetta

Least Favorite Movies:
10. Freddy Got Fingered
9. Meet the Spartans
8. Cry_Wolf
7. The Ruins
6. Mr. Deeds
5. Master of Disguise
4. The Happening
3. Jack and Jill
2. The Last Airbender
1. Dragon Ball Evolution

Then there's the films that were so bad that they're on Mystery Science Theater 3000, but I won't go that far into it, that's a subject for another thread.

Another great subject is the Genres. For me, Horror, Fantasy, and Sci-fi have already been my favorite genres to watch. I have watched countless movies thanks to my stint as a blockbuster employee, and every sci-fi movie I could get my hands on was fair game. If you have any suggestions as to what movies should be watched, no matter how old or new, bring them here. If you have a favorite director, tell us, and tell us why he is so great. It's all up for grabs.

Just one rule though, if someone's opinion does not meet up with yours, let's try to be adults here and respect their opinion. If you're looking for a place to troll, skip this thread.

Above all, let's have some fun debates and conversations.

themaque
2016-07-14, 04:29 PM
Hrmm.. favorite movies...In no real order...

Shawshank Redemption
Casablanca
Big Trouble in Little China
Kung Fu Hustle
Brain Donors
Lord of the Rings (Peter Jackson Trilogy)
The Burbs
True Grit
Oh Brother Where Art Thou?
Bridge over the River Kwai

Most films I dislike I forget quickly. Especially since I really enjoy watching the WORST movies of all time. Birdemic, The room, ect ect.

It takes something special to make me hate it. It takes either malice or a missed opportunity for greatness.

Man of Steel
Watchmen
Monkeybone
Master of Disguise

The league of Extraordinary Gentlemen I hate with a deep fiery passion. But it's the kind of hate where I can not look away. It's as if they actively tried to strip away anything great in the original works.

Zigwat
2016-07-14, 06:15 PM
Now, Watchmen, I would be inclined to disagree. Master of Disguise, that's where our worst lists meet in the middle. I'd say it deserves every bit of hate it gets. It was awful!

Kung Fu Hustle is my favorite foreign film of all time, and that's hard because I've seen a good few foreign films. I don't think I've laughed so hard at a movie as that one. It is a beautiful movie all around.

I'm guess you mean John Wayne's True Grit? Because I've seen that one, I haven't seen the remake, but I heard it was really good. Have you seen the remake?