PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Spheres of power + Wrath of the Righteus

pilvento
2016-07-13, 02:45 PM
Hello all! me and my group are currently playing mummy´s mask adventure path, both the pcs and most of the npc have been built or adapted to the SoP magic sistem and we are having a blast.

After the adventure is over we want to try wrath of the righteus but, if im not mistaken, it uses mythic rules and as far as I know mythic casters can cast mythic versions of their spells... and we are not using those any more.

I have only read the player guide for WotR so far, since I will not be the DM this time.

So, the thread questions...

Can we play WotR without Mythic rules?

Does SoP have any kind of mythic rules writen for it?

How would you rule mythic talents?

stack
2016-07-13, 03:35 PM
Mythic SoP is something that will happen at some point but is not currently in the works to my knowledge.

I don't think stripping mythic from WotR would be problematic, but haven't tried it.

legomaster00156
2016-07-13, 03:46 PM
The beginning of each of the books tells the GM how to adjust for non-mythic Wrath of the Righteous. Frankly, though, you could probably just figure whether an individual's Spherecasting resembles arcane or divine magic (probably based on magical tradition) and go from there. Most path abilities should work fine with minimal adjustment.

Ssalarn
2016-07-14, 02:27 PM
The beginning of each of the books tells the GM how to adjust for non-mythic Wrath of the Righteous. Frankly, though, you could probably just figure whether an individual's Spherecasting resembles arcane or divine magic (probably based on magical tradition) and go from there. Most path abilities should work fine with minimal adjustment.

Yeah, you don't necessarily need to drop Mythic, at most you'd just want to convert a few path powers.

Ualaa
2016-07-18, 07:17 AM
Even if you were to drop 'Mythic Spellcasting', as one of the ability choices, there are a ton of other ability choices and feat choices, plus the extra attack/move options and the surge options.

With no modifications at all, you could get a lot out of the mythic rules.

The better than normal spells, via mythic spellcasting, could potentially be duplicated within a SoP system by increasing your caster level (as most things scale off of that) for a specific talent within a Sphere, per the number of mythic spells that are augmented.
Most of the augmented spells are of the nature D8s instead of D6s, or getting +6 instead of +4 (Mage Armor), or a Shield of Faith granting +2 extra but otherwise scaling the same. A few like Divine Favor, allow you to cast the base spell on others, but to have an enhanced version on yourself (+luck to saves on yourself, the normal +luck to weapon attack/damage on others).

You could grant an extra spell point, per mythic spell that a character would have taken, as that is one way that a SoP caster augments their spells. That's another option.